closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Where to buy good quality NATOs and nylons in the UK

Journeyman

Where to buy good quality NATOs and nylons in the UK

Hi All,

The very reasonably priced and excellent Georges Straps seems to have disappeared.

Can anyone recommend me somewhere in the UK I can get good NATOs at a reasonable price, particularly one in that blue/grey, "gunmetal grey"?

Can't see one on Time Factors.

Thanks a lot.

Bark and jack

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    Bark and jack
    Thanks, they don't quite have the colour though...

Master
    Blog Entries
    Haveston

The Strap Tailor?

Best NATOs apart from Eddie's are CWC. They are also heat welded not stitched.

https://www.silvermans.co.uk/collect...nt=31468340547

Quote Originally Posted by Geralt View Post
    Best NATOs apart from Eddie's are CWC. They are also heat welded not stitched.

https://www.silvermans.co.uk/collect...nt=31468340547
    Another vote for CWC.

I've had a few from Timefactors, but none of them had enough room under the keeper to fold the strap back under it.

Cousins.Uk 1.4mm seatbelt NATOs are excellent value. I ordered one from one of the name brand shops and they were the same…. Probably the same manufacturer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kinyik View Post
    Cousins.Uk 1.4mm seatbelt NATOs are excellent value. I ordered one from one of the name brand shops and they were the same…. Probably the same manufacturer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That’s a good tip - thank you!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio View Post
    Another vote for CWC.

I've had a few from Timefactors, but none of them had enough room under the keeper to fold the strap back under it.
    Same issue for me. Nice quality , but the keeper needs to be roomier.

I've been on the hunt for some natos recently, and with the rush every other Sunday to get some of Eddie's, I've had to look elsewhere.

I already have a couple of CWC straps that came with watches I have, and I don't really like them. They feel too 'plasticy', too thick, and I don't like the weave. I've also got quite a few Phoenix straps which I much prefer as they're thinner, have a better feel, and they wear in pretty quickly. Sadly they don't have many colour options.

I bought a perlon a couple of months ago from Watchobession which I quite like, so have three more of their natos on a wishlist, but haven't actually pressed the button yet. Was also looking at the Zuludiver options, and they have some interesting colours in the sale at the moment. Would be interested to hear any thoughts people have comparing the quality/feel of these two.

Couldn't decide between the two above, and others have also mentioned Cousins, so decided to look there. They have the advantage of being extremely cheap which means I can try a few without throwing too much cash at the problem.

I ordered four, three cheap ones, and one of the slightly fancier 1.4mm seatbelt style, and it came to about £14.50 including postage.

They arrived yesterday, and the first thing I did was cut the extra bits off, and seal the cut ends.

Thoughts are that I don't like the 1.4mm seatbelt style with the chunky buckle. The whole point of a nato seems to me to be simplicity and utility, and I think 1.4mm is too thick. The large buckle too is going to catch on sleeves etc. It seems an unnecessary detail on a strap designed more for function than style.

Of the thinner ones, I like the weave of the bond, and am in fact wearing it now on the Zeno PRS4 pictured below. The two plain colour straps are khaki (bit of a non colour that can't decide if it's beige or green) and olive which works pretty well on a PVD case I reckon.

One thing to note on these cheap straps is that the buckles are fairly poor quality. I don't think they'll fail, they're just not as nice as either Eddie's or the Phoenix/CWC buckles which isn't really a surprise given they only cost about £1.50 each.

Edited to add the keepers have enough space under them for the doubled back strap. Also, width seems to be fractionally over 20mm.

It's early days so will see how they wear in, but I think these cheap straps are pretty good value. I would recommend them, and will probably get some more of the bond type straps. Page for the bond straps is https://www.cousinsuk.com/product/2-stripes-nato-style

Photos below, and thanks for reading
    Last edited by twhp101; 5th July 2022 at 11:42.

Craftsman
    I have a strap tailor single pass nato which is good quality and reasonable price. Quite a lot of colours available