closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Cazoo

Master

Cazoo

My partner is looking at purchasing a car from cazoo, now call me old fashioned but there’s no way I would ever by a car I hadn’t seen and test driven, Shes called them and this isn’t possible. Apparently you pay, they deliver and you have 14 days to decide if you like it, if for any reason your not happy you can have a full refund! This seems like a completely alien way of buying anything let alone something as big an investment as a car.
    Has anyone purchased from them and returned a car and actually got their money back? Or do they try and talk you in to another car or find a replacement etc.

A friend bought an X1 this week. He said the service has been superb. No quibbles return policy. They believe in their stock and won't sell poor cars which will result in a return. The descriptions are very , very detailed and they high light every scratch , rather than hide. As always buy the buyer - and they have got a very good rep. I would buy from them no issue.

I bought my 911 blind , and has Porsche Edinnurgh deliver to me in London. Again , I know Porsches used car sales prep is so good that I was confident buying it blame. I would never buy from a small independent blind or privately.

Swapped our car in February of last year (mid pandemic) dealership would not allow anythig other that looking around the outside of the car (and it was covered in snow). Zoom call sorted out the deal the following day, picked up the week after - no issues, great car, just a new experience for me.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by eagletower View Post
    A friend bought an X1 this week. He said the service has been superb. No quibbles return policy. They believe in their stock and won't sell poor cars which will result in a return. The descriptions are very , very detailed and they high light every scratch , rather than hide. As always buy the buyer - and they have got a very good rep. I would buy from them no issue.

I bought my 911 blind , and has Porsche Edinnurgh deliver to me in London. Again , I know Porsches used car sales prep is so good that I was confident buying it blame. I would never buy from a small independent blind or privately.
    But, they buy their stock blind. They hardly give it a once over let alone a test drive. So someone has to get the duff stuff. To be fair most dealerships do the same

Master
    This is what concerns me. Drove 60 miles each way 2 weeks ago to look at one at “car shop” started it up and it poured oil out the rear of the engine, bloke said well don’t worry just buy it and we can fix it under warranty!!

If you do buy one they seem to take Amex as they have a special offer on (spend £1k or more and get £250 back).

Imagine the points/cashback!

In lockdown a lot of dealers were buying their stock from Cazoo so must be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Rodder View Post
    But, they buy their stock blind. They hardly give it a once over let alone a test drive. So someone has to get the duff stuff. To be fair most dealerships do the same
    How do you know they do not 'give it a once over'?
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

I sold my car a couple of months ago to them and have just bought one through them too.

The sale went really well and I got a very good offer from them.

The purchase was going well, it was meant to come today but they noticed a small dent that they want to fix first. When you buy there are photos of all imperfections and you see the service details, so provided you’re buying a standard car, not too old and low mileage, I can’t see there being any major issues. I wouldn’t buy something old, high mileage, no service history or a model with known issues through them, but I’m getting a basic spec VW Golf - there are 00’s of them available and so I just went for convenience.

I guess you’re paying for the convenience somewhere (it was £99 for delivery), but the cost was broadly in line with others available.

I drove 30 mins each way to see one one the weekend which looked good on Autotrader, but when I got there it was covered in little dents and scrapes. Cazoo etc wouldn’t do that as everything is photographed, so compared to many dealers I think they’re a good bet.

I think you can pick them up too from certain places.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeJSmith View Post
    I sold my car a couple of months ago to them and have just bought one through them too.

The sale went really well and I got a very good offer from them.

The purchase was going well, it was meant to come today but they noticed a small dent that they want to fix first. When you buy there are photos of all imperfections and you see the service details, so provided you’re buying a standard car, not too old and low mileage, I can’t see there being any major issues. I wouldn’t buy something old, high mileage, no service history or a model with known issues through them, but I’m getting a basic spec VW Golf - there are 00’s of them available and so I just went for convenience.

I guess you’re paying for the convenience somewhere (it was £99 for delivery), but the cost was broadly in line with others available.

I drove 30 mins each way to see one one the weekend which looked good on Autotrader, but when I got there it was covered in little dents and scrapes. Cazoo etc wouldn’t do that as everything is photographed, so compared to many dealers I think they’re a good bet.

I think you can pick them up too from certain places.

Yeah the lady said we could collect it from our local branch about 35 miles away providing we paid in full first, I think this is probably a better option and is free, I was just concerned about actually getting the money back if she didn’t like it or it had an “issue” of some kind really, my experience of most companies is they’re very good at taking it but extremely reluctant to return it

Think most modern cars drive the same, as long as you’ve driven that make and model and are happy I’d have no issues.

Craftsman
    From what I have heard Cazoo have a great reputation and I would not be concerned about the condition of the car on arrival. Ie it will be as described. I don’t know what the small print says about returning a car, but I imagine there will be a fair use policy and an admin fee to pay, adding a owner to the car must also have some relevance to the cars value too.

I thought Cazoo are owned by the same owners as We Buy Any Car? Cazoo get the cream of the crop and the rest go to off to auction at BCA, another company under the same umbrella.

The concern I have is not driving the car, not because I’m worried about the condition but more about whether I will like the car.

Many years ago having always driven German cars I fancied a Renault Clio, one of the sporty ones. I found one I liked, spoke to the trader and was happy to do the deal. I got to the dealer, saw the car and was ready to do the deal but he insisted I took it for a drive. I was reluctant, as on paper and sight, it was everything I wanted. Anyway, I agreed to take it round the block. As soon as i sat in the car, I started to have second thoughts. It was tinny, plasticky, and everything felt cheap. That was enough for me to change my mind without even driving it. Did I miss out, yes probably but that’s not the point, My gut feeling was that I simply didn’t like the touch or feel of it.

If I was trading to a newer model of the same car I currently have, I would be less concerned but ultimately happy to buy from Cazoo.

Quote Originally Posted by toastie View Post
    Yeah the lady said we could collect it from our local branch about 35 miles away providing we paid in full first, I think this is probably a better option and is free, I was just concerned about actually getting the money back if she didn’t like it or it had an “issue” of some kind really, my experience of most companies is they’re very good at taking it but extremely reluctant to return it
    I’ve found them easy to deal with so far. I was worried with the sale of my car that they’d try and push a lower price on collection, which is what I’ve heard webuyanycar and the like do; but they accepted it with no comments.

Personally, I wouldn’t expect them to hard sell if you decided against it but I don’t have any experience of that.

Taking all the fun out of buying cars, I'm my view. Having bought thousands of cars over the last 40 years, only 2 for my wife, the rest , it was my job, there are so many pitfalls, I would need to be convinced the vendors would take the thing back, no matter what. But Distance Selling covers that anyway, as far as I can tell.

Journeyman
    I've never bought from or sold to Cazoo but each time I went to get a quote from them to sell my car, it was always higher than WBAC. They also offer a fixed price with no haggling, as long as the condition you select matches the car upon inspection.

I've heard WBAC only care about cosmetic damage and sometimes don't even test drive the cars they are purchasing! If some of their stock ends up being sold by Cazoo, I'd be a bit reluctant to buy from them

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by notnowkato View Post
    Taking all the fun out of buying cars, I'm my view. Having bought thousands of cars over the last 40 years, only 2 for my wife, the rest , it was my job, there are so many pitfalls, I would need to be convinced the vendors would take the thing back, no matter what. But Distance Selling covers that anyway, as far as I can tell.
    I've had great fun recently trying to buy a car from Cazoo, Cinch or Autotrader. Hours spent on line looking at a range of cars - the choice is fantastic. Eventually bought a new MX5 for £2500 off list via Autotrader. All covered by distance selling rules and free delivery thrown in. I'd have been equally happy buying from Cazoo or Cinch - although I haven't any experience of returning a car to either, I'd be surprised if they were difficult - too much reputational risk.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Master
    That’s actually a good point as I never thought about the distance selling

Sounds like a Godsend to me.

Wandering around looking at cars is not my idea of fun.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Master
    When I bought my Volvo S60 I was looking at one on cazoo and it was only a couple of hundred quid less less than the main dealer price and the px they offered for my 2017 plate civic was a joke £13000 v 15500 from the main dealer so I bought it from the main dealer, I have also read about people being charged £500 by cazoo if they return the car because they have had to register it in their name to drive it

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael 38 View Post
    When I bought my Volvo S60 I was looking at one on cazoo and it was only a couple of hundred quid less less than the main dealer price and the px they offered for my 2017 plate civic was a joke £13000 v 15500 from the main dealer so I bought it from the main dealer, I have also read about people being charged £500 by cazoo if they return the car because they have had to register it in their name to drive it
    ....but experience can vary. I sold my GT86 to WBAC for 16k last May - the authorised dealer that I bought the car from wouldn't budge on their offer of 12K - and that wasn't cash, but p/e against a secondhand Rav 4. Much as I like Toyotas, I won't be buying one from them now.