closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: eBay authentication of watches now £1500 and up

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by SydR View Post
    Seller sent me a tracking number for RMSD to the authentication centre.

The photo was provided as ‘proof of delivery’ to RAPID LOGIC on the Royal Mail tracking app.
    Scary stuff.

They all look double boxed following the Secursus guidelines!

Except that they won’t be covered if they have actually used Secursus to insure !

Despite eBay putting this in place there is still, very much, an element of buy the seller as always.
    Agreed.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

SydR
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    They even have a 'drive thro' authentication process.

https://www.ebayinc.com/stories/news...station-in-la/
    I checked the date on that story as I was sure it must’ve been April 1st. It wasn’t!

I checked the date on that story as I was sure it must’ve been April 1st. It wasn’t!
    Likewise - not sure how on earth they can operate!.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master
    I have both sold a watch and bought a watch that has gone through the authentication process. The one I sold was turned around by them within about 5 hours, and arrived with the buyer the following day. The one I bought was turned around within 2 days, which I think is their SLA. When received it was very well packaged with additional information on 3 cards. I found it a very painless process, though admittedly my purchase came from a dealer with their own guarantee and insurance certificate providing all the reassurance I really needed.

I don't know what's on the NFC-enabled plastic card as I don't have a compatible device to read it!

Ant

Got my watch back, it all seems to be in original condition, no items missing (which I was concerned about as I'd sent the original clasp and extra links in a pouch in one of the watch box compartments).
    Going to give them a call tomorrow to find out the full reason for them accepting a return. One of the reasons the buyer gave to me was that the warranty card hasn't been stamped and there wasn't a swing tag.
    Got to say the box it came back in didn't fill me with much hope as it was single boxed with dents all over it, but maybe I'm just a bit more clinical when it comes to sending a watch worth a few grand.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

SydR
    Glad you got it back without anything damaged or missing.

It is a case of sellers needing to be incredibly specific about what is and isn’t included?

SydR
    Quote Originally Posted by frp422 View Post
    I have both sold a watch and bought a watch that has gone through the authentication process. The one I sold was turned around by them within about 5 hours, and arrived with the buyer the following day. The one I bought was turned around within 2 days, which I think is their SLA. When received it was very well packaged with additional information on 3 cards. I found it a very painless process, though admittedly my purchase came from a dealer with their own guarantee and insurance certificate providing all the reassurance I really needed.

I don't know what's on the NFC-enabled plastic card as I don't have a compatible device to read it!

Ant

The NFC card links to an online version of the information shown on the rear of the card.

SydR
    Well to say I’m unimpressed with the authentication process is an understatement.

The watch has arrived with be today. Described as in excellent condition, with box, warranty card, hang tag and receipt.

One of the items is missing and both the top and bottom of the lugs are scratched from strap changing marks. One of the top of a lug is quite deep. Photos were obviously carefully taken to mask these. The watch can in no way be described as in excellent condition so I fail to understand why this was not brought to my attention by the authenticators.

In discussions with the seller at the moment.

Had a email from eBay authenticity about a watch I was in the process of buying listed as immaculate I guess some peoples views of immaculate are very different from mine

Even if a watch is what I think 100% I’d never say that .
    Everyone’s mint is different,but that ain’t mint .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Balance wheel View Post
    Had a email from eBay authenticity about a watch I was in the process of buying listed as immaculate I guess some peoples views of immaculate are very different from mine
    Are you saying that the Authenticator was taking a qualitative view on your behalf, with a view to rejecting the watch on condition (va description) rather than authenticity per se?

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JGJG View Post
    Are you saying that the Authenticator was taking a qualitative view on your behalf, with a view to rejecting the watch on condition (va description) rather than authenticity per se?
    I think so from what he said and my experience.

I bought a watch which went through and had similar email, showing couple marks seller didn’t say and then mentioned a discrepancy on the warranty card vs what’s on listing and gave option of accepting or refusing the watch based not matching description and photos on listing