closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New non Rivet bracelet - Question

Craftsman

New non Rivet bracelet - Question

I guess this is a question for Eddie, are there any plans to supply the new non rivet stainless steel bracelet seperately in the future as with the current rivet style for the Everest at all.

I really like the new non rivet style bracelet on my Everest, extremely comfortable and really lends that look which I feel suits the watch in my opinon.

To have this availble to purchase seperately along with the rivet style bracelet would be fantastic option.

Ive tried them all and its the best one so far in my opinion.

Im not a big bracelet fan and usually swap them out for Perlon or leather after a short while but the one I have at the moment wears so nicely that it might just stay.

I'd most likely buy that new non-rivet bracelet once I successfully purchase a Silver Jubilee Everest, which hopefully happens today.

Journeyman
    My 'Mk 1" 36 mm Everest is still on the original bracelet which is the non tapered big clasp version. It would be nice to have an option so if the non rivet tapered bracelet were made available, I would buy it.

I quite like the original clasp even though it's really too big for the watch head but I do think the tapered, non rivet version would suit it well.

Quote Originally Posted by SussexScots View Post
    My 'Mk 1" 36 mm Everest is still on the original bracelet which is the non tapered big clasp version. It would be nice to have an option so if the non rivet tapered bracelet were made available, I would buy it.

I quite like the original clasp even though it's really too big for the watch head but I do think the tapered, non rivet version would suit it well.
    I also like the MK1 bracelet. The clasp is okay for me, bigger than I’d like but not as big as issue as it’s made out to be. Nice thing with the MK1 end links are that they are a different size to the current ones and can be used on various third party bracelets. As in here using MK1 end links with an alpha bracelet. Not possible with the newer end links.
    Last edited by theflyingfisherman; 27th February 2022 at 20:38.

Here….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    I maybe wrong here, but Im sure I read on here the non rivet bracelet would be available to buy separately. Only Eddie can confirm. I have to say I quite like my rivet bracelet on my PRS 25 apart from the feel of the weak clasp. Its certainly very comfortable.

Yeah, I'd buy one too!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

I'm not sure that I see how this works out...

Eddie is too busy already packing boxes of his 200-ish watch sales every few weeks to need to add bracelet sales to the mix.

It's already difficult enough to order anything, let alone a watch AND a bracelet... you simply wouldn't get that order through.
    So the only way you get a bracelet... is to ONLY order a bracelet.

How much does Eddie make on a bracelet vs. a watch? In absolute terms or in %.
    The only way Eddie wins is if he makes more on a bracelet than he does a watch...
    If he makes less on a bracelet sale, then for the 200 boxes he can ship each period, he's losing money shipping you a bracelet vs. someone else a watch.

One solution might be if he allowed for drop shopping for non-watches.
    I know he likes to inspect and take down serial numbers on watches before distribution to customers.
    Bracelets don't have that problem, so in theory they could drop ship separately.
    But he would have to add that to his business process, and it probably isn't worth it.

I dunno... do you see it differently?

Craftsman
    [QUOTE=redhed18;5945546]I'm not sure that I see how this works out...

Eddie is too busy already packing boxes of his 200-ish watch sales every few weeks to need to add bracelet sales to the mix.

It's already difficult enough to order anything, let alone a watch AND a bracelet... you simply wouldn't get that order through.
    So the only way you get a bracelet... is to ONLY order a bracelet.

How much does Eddie make on a bracelet vs. a watch? In absolute terms or in %.
    The only way Eddie wins is if he makes more on a bracelet than he does a watch...
    If he makes less on a bracelet sale, then for the 200 boxes he can ship each period, he's losing money shipping you a bracelet vs. someone else a watch.

One solution might be if he allowed for drop shopping for non-watches.
    I know he likes to inspect and take down serial numbers on watches before distribution to customers.
    Bracelets don't have that problem, so in theory they could drop ship separately.
    But he would have to add that to his business process, and it probably isn't worth it.

The rivet style bracelet only, is already available to purchase separately on the website so my question to Eddie was, will the new non-rivet style bracelet (currently on the Everest models)
    be also available to purchase separately at some point in the near future.

redhed18 makes a good point that others have made. It would be good if the shop opened for a slot where only straps and bracelets were on sale.

Makes sense, but I suppose it makes things more complicated for Eddie to manage. The latest idea of certain watches being made available in different openings is a welcome improvement with people targeting specific openings for the watch they want rather than everyone jumping in at the same time.

I suppose the answer to the bracelet issue is just aim to buy a bracelet on its own when the shop is open. That should be doable as I’m sure there won’t be too many trying to do the same thing. You just have to be quick enough to be in the first 200 or so orders.

I still like the suggestion that every now and then the opening should be limited to TZ members. Announced in a restricted area of the forum with nothing announced on the website would be an easy way to manage that I’m guessing.

I wanted to order a watch and a strap during the last opening but it didn’t work out ordering both. Only ended up with the one thing. I don’t think it matters much to Eddie if he has 10 strap only orders and 190 watch orders. Eddie will just sell the watches at the next opening. I guess you could look at it as though someone only ordering a strap takes the spot off of someone ordering a watch but we can’t start expecting Eddie to create different windows for different items. The watches will sell regardless and you’ll get another chance the following opening.

Although what may work is a blind opening. Like an email gets sent out and the store is open. Once 200 orders are sold then the store can be closed until the next time but this has its own issues.
    Last edited by theflyingfisherman; 3rd March 2022 at 18:06.