closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Car insurance renewal next month, but …

Car insurance renewal next month, but …

… my outstanding claim from July last year still hasn’t been resolved?

It’s a no-fault claim after someone ran into the back of me, denting the boot and bumper. Since then I’ve heard nothing from them despite phoning regularly to check.

What happens when I move insurer, because there is no way on earth I’ll be using 1st Central again. Where does the claim go? Do I still chase 1st Central despite not being with them anymore? Is it written off by them because the policy has ended?

Seems bizarre that I’m in this position where the policy is ending but a 6-month-old claim is still outstanding.

Anyone have any ideas? Ta

It'll still be 1st Central's responsibility even if your new policy is with someone else as you paid for their cover and were your insurers at the time of the event, my concern would be why the feck they haven't already concluded the incident!

With regards to having an outstanding claim when switching from one insurer to another, I'm sure that it's something they're able to accommodate as long as they're aware.

Master
    Yes it is easy to accommodate. Think I had to fill in some details about repair quotes but nothing affected the premium.

It still being active after this duration is utterly crazy. I’d be parking outside their offices until I spoke to someone to take charge. Dismal service.

Cheers both.

I've written them a final-contact email outlining how 5hite they are, how I'll never use them again, and will recommend to everyone I meet that they never use them either.

I'll report them to the ombudsman as well, for what it's worth.

In reality, I'll keep plugging away at them because I want my car fixed.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Cheers both.

I've written them a final-contact email outlining how 5hite they are, how I'll never use them again, and will recommend to everyone I meet that they never use them either.

I'll report them to the ombudsman as well, for what it's worth.

In reality, I'll keep plugging away at them because I want my car fixed.
    Put a review on Trustpilot? They often respond. Their rating somehow is a 4.5 star one overall