closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Military Watches - Requests for help, advice and general discussion

Threaded View

After putting together a collection of 10 x CWC Fatter cased G10s and Navigators issued between 1980 and 1982:

This year has seen a bit of a clear out. I had thought there were 11 watches in all with the elusive 1980 Non Lume Navigator being the one watch that I thought I needed to complete the set, but it turns out there is a 12th. A 1980 Fatboy was issued to the D.O.S and the engraving is the earlier style virtually identical to the 1980 Non Lume Navigator. I’m guessing this is another watch with only one example known about.

I had been mulling about letting a few go as a box of 10 virtually identical looking watches did seem a bit bonkers, but when I was offered the Smiths 1961 Australian DeLuxe GS I definitely needed to sell a few in order to raise the funds.

Basically I’m down to two now, probably the two nicest watches out of the 10. Both from 1981 and they are the fully Lumed Navigator (right below) and the Non Lumed Nuclear Submarine Issue Navigator (left below) of which only 12 believed to have been issued and only 3 of those are currently accounted for.

I’m still open to letting these go as well, but like everyone else, you want the right deal. As always the wish list has a few on it, I’m still looking for a Smiths W10, either a Hamilton 6B or GS and the Longines WWW is indeed a very long shot. I also wouldn’t mind an RAF issued or D.O.S Smiths DeLuxe with the tritium dial. As always, it is a very fluid situation.
    Last edited by Wallasey Runner; 23rd February 2022 at 21:04.