closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Reacher Anybody

Master
    Blog Entries

Reacher Anybody

Just finished watching all eight episodes of Reacher on Amazon over the last seven hours me and the wife really enjoyed it, anybody else watched it.

Master
    You might want to search for Reacher on here ! Have a look at Films or TV shows threads , its full of the latest Reacher :)

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...ovies-recently

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...hlight=Reacher
    Last edited by higham5; 19th February 2022 at 23:06.

Blog Entries
    Yes, we watched it on Amazon Prime and thought it was good entertainment.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

I watched it and enjoyed it. Couldn't see Tom Cruise doing that one

DON

Craftsman
    Thought he was a bit too muscle packed. Looked like he trained every day, bit odd for someone who travels all the time. That said, it was entertaining.

Far better casting than Cruise, though doubt he’ll win any Golden Globes. Hope they make more

Thumbs up from our household. I suspect it will develop well as he grows into the role.

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk
    Last edited by gerard; 20th February 2022 at 15:19.

Blog Entries
    Big man, kills every one, silly story line, watched all, loved it!

Reacher Round?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Reacher Round?

?

watching last episode now, enjoyable watch , like reachers his social awkwardness .reminds me of another ?

Quote Originally Posted by hilly10 View Post
    ?
    Reach around

Master
    I enjoyed it, problem is I binged watched it and so a long wait for season two.

Enjoying it.

It's very like the books in that it is not mentally taxing. Although I'm a fan of the books and reread the lot last year in anticipation of this TV series, I don't think anyone's in doubt that Child is the Danielle Steele of action. Although some of his later books, I found myself turning huge wads of pages whilst ballistics and gun types are discussed ad nauseum...

As someone said above, it's not going to win any awards for acting or directing but it feels right, still gives those "punch the air" moments when Reacher rights the wrongs of bullies and injustice. My wife enjoyed the moments with him in the shower.

Now we just need someone to pick up on the idea of an Elvis Cole and Joe Pike TV series, then we'll be set...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mitch1956 View Post
    watching last episode now, enjoyable watch , like reachers his social awkwardness .reminds me of another ?
    Did you spot the cameo appearance of the Reacher author Lee Child?

I liked it, it was way better than the movies. Hopefully they bring out another season quickly! it was over way too quickly. They did a good job of getting the feel of the books into the series.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bloater View Post
    I enjoyed it, problem is I binged watched it and so a long wait for season two.
    +1

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddy! View Post
    Enjoying it.

It's very like the books in that it is not mentally taxing. Although I'm a fan of the books and reread the lot last year in anticipation of this TV series, I don't think anyone's in doubt that Child is the Danielle Steele of action. Although some of his later books, I found myself turning huge wads of pages whilst ballistics and gun types are discussed ad nauseum...
    Agree with this, I don't mind a bit of the Fleming-esque attention to detail, but he overdoes it. Actually that's only based on the first six books, haven't read any of the later ones yet.

Of those first six books I think Tripwire would adapt best to the small screen.

I mostly listen to them in audiobook form while cycling. I pedal faster when he's hurting people.

Reacher

They are already gearing up for next series. The reports are that this first series was one of the most watched things on Prime.

Loved the first series.

Love that someone can maintain so much size and conditioning while travelling around endlessly and drinking coffee and almost getting to eat pie lol

A good choice for Reacher, but a little too much make up at times for the character ;)
    It's just a matter of time...

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    Did you spot the cameo appearance of the Reacher author Lee Child?
    Missed that? Probably gawping at his sidekick Willa Fitzgerald

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Last episode I guess?

I enjoyed it and the guy who plays Reacher is great. I think the dude who played the detective isn't that good an actor. The fights aren't that stylised, which lends to the realism slightly.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventura View Post
    Last episode I guess?

Sorry , yes I originally linked to someone who said “ saw the last episode…”

In the closing scenes Reacher walks into a cafe and an older guy gets up and bumps into him. He apologises, Reacher has a wry smile then sits down with the detective. The older guy is Lee Child who I believe co directed the series.

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy! View Post
    Enjoying it.

As someone said above, it's not going to win any awards for acting or directing but it feels right, still gives those "punch the air" moments when Reacher rights the wrongs of bullies and injustice. My wife enjoyed the moments with him in the shower.

Now we just need someone to pick up on the idea of an Elvis Cole and Joe Pike TV series, then we'll be set...
    Love the Elvis Cole books! I think Robert Crais has refused to sell the rights for tv or film though as he wants people to keep their own images of the characters, so no adaptation will be made.

Journeyman
    Yep.

I confess....... Watched it all.

Preposterous super-hero-God mode-TRT absurdity, without the Marvel label. Daft. Greasy kids stuff.

Just my cuppa tea.

Roll on the next season!

Craftsman
    Just finished the last episode and really enjoyed the series. Whilst it's not exactly War and Peace or Lord Of The Rings, I've read all the books and really enjoyed them. There an easy read, follow pretty much the same basic formula, they're still very enjoyable nonetheless.

It's a fun show, good adaptions of the books. As other have said, the books aren't great literature, but they are very well done.
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

The actor looks massive but having read he’s 6 feet 2, he must wear lifts in his shoes or the other actors are all short?!? - I’m the same height and I certainly don’t feel like a giant walking down the street! - perhaps it’s crazy camera angles like they used for the hobbits on lord of the rings?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Overall good show.

Though hard to see him be anything other than Thad Castle!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the actor is a good casting. Looks like I imagine Reacher would and, as it's the first book, I think the age is fine.

He is a little too toned, but that's Hollywood for you.

M

Sent from my ASUS_X00PD using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Blog Entries
    If they do Tripwire next, then the physique would certainly fit - as Reacher's digging swimming pools by hand in Florida at the start of that and is at his bulkiest according to the book.

In my mind, I had pictured Reacher as a bigger (and uglier) version of Clint Eastwood in the Every Which way...series. Can't complain though - the whole family watched it and found it fun.

Must be alone in thinking it was a bit wooden on all fronts. It's like they wanted to cast Jocko Willink and went with a body builder who said he could act, not letting a lack of ability get in the way.

The guy is a body builder and all you see is him never work out and only really eat junk food. Top quality when some warehouse doors blow out from a huge explosion and then the guy just walks out right after.

Despite this I still seemed to get through the entire season. So bad it's good?

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Must be alone in thinking it was a bit wooden on all fronts. It's like they wanted to cast Jocko Willink and went with a body builder who said he could act, not letting a lack of ability get in the way.

The guy is a body builder and all you see is him never work out and only really eat junk food. Top quality when some warehouse doors blow out from a huge explosion and then the guy just walks out right after.

Despite this I still seemed to get through the entire season. So bad it's good?
    Nope you're not alone, Mrs P couldn't watch it, it was a bit wooden at times, some of the acting! However enjoyed it myself but mainly I think because of the affection for the character generated by the books. Imo that was one of the stronger, if not strongest stories, he was avenging his brother...in most of the other books he wanders into a random town and gets caught up dealing with the local bad guys, usually there's a female interest, go figure...I wonder how good the next season will be!

Craftsman
    I have 20+ hours in a plane on Monday so have been saving it to binge on during that. The feedback seems good, I’m looking forward to watching it.

It's no Bosch for sure, but neither is the source material.

M

Master
    Not finished watching yet but having read many of the books it's a good watch, not too taxing, much better casting than Tom Cruise, as for artistic licence with characters, it's fiction not fact?

Master

Reacher Anybody

Just finished watching. Watchable and entertaining.
    I laughed out loud when I saw that they had to use special effects to make Reacher cry.
    Edit.
    Also his walking looks somehow awkward.
    Last edited by EJL25; 23rd February 2022 at 19:04.

Quote Originally Posted by EJL25 View Post
    Edit.
    Also his walking looks somehow awkward.
    He walks like a bodybuilder. A muscle-bound walk.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Reacher Round?
    This is all I see every time I see this thread now!

Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    Nope you're not alone, Mrs P couldn't watch it, it was a bit wooden at times, some of the acting! However enjoyed it myself but mainly I think because of the affection for the character generated by the books. Imo that was one of the stronger, if not strongest stories, he was avenging his brother...in most of the other books he wanders into a random town and gets caught up dealing with the local bad guys, usually there's a female interest, go figure...I wonder how good the next season will be!
    It seems that many of us have read the books, I wonder if that is half the reason so many of us have enjoyed the series, would we have felt the same if it was a stand alone series without the books? Not so sure.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Master
    I've not read any of the books but have enjoyed the series. Easy to watch, entertaining and fun. A nice chunk of escapism

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Puntsdog View Post
    I've not read any of the books but have enjoyed the series. Easy to watch, entertaining and fun. A nice chunk of escapism
    Only 24 to go at! I havnt read any , I have listened to all 24 on audio books, its a great way to listen to boys type entertainment.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I have not read the books but enjoyed the TV show, can’t wait for series 2

Master
    Really enjoyed the series, my only criticism would be all the height jokes got a little tedious.

Finished it last night, enjoyed it, I did cringe when he put the two dead guys in the boot :)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Mac View Post
    Really enjoyed the series, my only criticism would be all the height jokes got a little tedious.
    Like the books then.

Someone complained here or on PH that Reacher isn't as superhuman in this and needs to fight rather than knock people out with one punch. I always find that aspect of the books rather irritating, like the fact that he always knows the exact time from the 'clock in his head'.

M

Last edited by snowman; 1st March 2022 at 22:49.