closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: US Navy Waltham quartz chronometer

US Navy Waltham quartz chronometer

Don't think I posted this before these were issued around 1991 made by Waltham. I don't see many of them. From someone I know who has one said his came off a carrier during a yard period were a lot of equipment got upgraded since the Navy depends on GPS more these got shit canned at that time. I guess. Lately military clocks no one paying attention to on eBay more are looking for issued wristwatches for some dumb reason all I know is I got some good deals in the last few years on military clocks. Good for me makes for better deals that I have not seen in years. I got this for 140 bucks in perfect working condition. Military timepiece collectors should not be one sided in there collecting they can get their military collecting fix with a clock when there saving for a issued wristwatch and not lose much of their saving.

Thats the motor with hacking switch and crown for the time. That other collector said his runs over 3 years on the same battery. So well built.
    Last edited by River Rat; 18th February 2022 at 18:49.

Blog Entries
    Very unusual. Thanks for sharing that.

I think that stuff like this is a lot of fun.

Very nice - no frills, just built to keep accurate time.

Now if you had one from one of the Iowa class or similar provenance - that would be a real bonus.

Funny you mentioned the USS Iowa. After I retired just before I moved to Montana, I lived in Calif. Not far from where I lived at the time is Richman, they just brought out the USS Iowa out of mouth balls to turn it into a museum. One weekend went over to check it out. They were asking for volunteers to help paint it and other work. Being ex-Navy and bored since I was not working, I said what the hell. Worked on it until they towed it out of the Bay Area to LA. A few photo's.

Me I was younger and better shape.

See that black colored canvas around the 16-inch gun there called bloomers they were originally made by good year out of thick rubber. The original ones were missing not made any more. America takes pride in their WW2 history a guy who owned an upholstery shop in the mid-west some were flew down measured what they should be flew back made them and returned them for free. Me and a vet from the Iraq war got to put them on and there these metal hoops you bolt in and some BIG clamps to hold the bloomers on. You seat right on the 16-inch barrel to bolt everything on. Volunteers came out of the woodwork for this ship. My USS Iowa story.

Also chipped paint and help paint the flight deck a lot of work.
    Last edited by River Rat; 19th February 2022 at 23:35.

Quote Originally Posted by blackal View Post
    Very nice - no frills, just built to keep accurate time.

Now if you had one from one of the Iowa class or similar provenance - that would be a real bonus.
    Wish there was a way to tell what ship it came from. Got it off eBay last month the seller got it at a thrift store I asked hoping he had a better answer like what ship it came from.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by River Rat View Post
    Funny you mentioned the USS Iowa. After I retired just before I moved to Montana, I lived in Calif. Not far from where I lived at the time is Richman, they just brought out the USS Iowa out of mouth balls to turn it into a museum. One weekend went over to check it out. They were asking for volunteers to help paint it and other work. Being ex-Navy and bored since I was not working, I said what the hell. Worked on it until they towed it out of the Bay Area to LA. A few photo's.[...]
    Great pics and great story. Thanks for that.