closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Here is a interesting watch from WW1

Here is a interesting watch from WW1

Last year I was doing a search on eBay for trench watches and saw one that looked familiar. I said to myself I seen that one before. I was right it was in the book Military Timepieces by Whittney. The serial numbers matched. And it had a cool shrapnel guard. A few photos. And the price was right, and I had a watch that was in one of my favorite books.

How cool is this to have the exact watch that was photographed for the front of the book and then info about it in the book. This book really got me into the hobby of military watch collecting. Kind of an honor to own it.

That is a great watch, good pick up there. From the practical point of view is the dial that visible behind the protective guard, which I assume is there to protect it from incoming etc.

Shrapnel guard just a slang word among collectors. It protected the crystal from scratches and maybe crawling in the trenches and bumping it hard, so it protected the crystal in combat.

Master
    Congratulations, a great little piece of history there.

Journeyman
    It appears that dating grows harder as you get older. The cause is not a pandemic. Even if the pandemic has changed our way of life. I depend more and more on American Asian dating sites. I work all day long. In the evening, I can make dinner and go to bed. No time is available for walks or dates specifically. I visit a website to read a crossdresser hookup site . I was fairly sceptical about this before, but now I see that this is my only chance to find love.
    Last edited by bobocat; 14th January 2023 at 17:13.

Craftsman
    wow what an excellent piece and with real world history attached and as Russ from TMWC would say... "a WW1 stunner".