closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Possible new Tudor.

Possible new Tudor.

Just popped up on my Insta feed.

Linked to daring jobs, more to follow tomorrow. Maybe new Ranger or Explorer type watch?

https://instagram.com/stories/tudorw...dium=copy_link

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Last edited by McBeardy; 15th February 2022 at 14:02.

Yup, a sub 40 mm 3-6-9 watch looks like.

Oyster price three hander by the looks of it.

Master
    Can you post images please? Not on Instagram.

Craftsman
    There are no images of the new watch, just an old advert which shows a watch with an Explorer style dial.
    I think it's potentially a bit of a shame as, as much as I love the Explorer, I was hoping for something a bit more original from Tudor like a better North Flag!

The LXD is the only recent release I feel has it's own personality rather than something very much borrowed, or at least massively influenced by the parent company.

I suppose there is still room for something unique within the confines of a 3-6-9 dial but I'm not hopeful.

I'm not sure how they will put sufficient daylight between such a proposal and a Black Bay 36.

Quote Originally Posted by Merod View Post
    I'm not sure how they will put sufficient daylight between such a proposal and a Black Bay 36.
    I too thought that
    Possible replacement for a watch that did not sell particularly well maybe (I have no idea on the numbers sold but it does not seem popular on the forums - real life could be different) or bring the 36 in line with the wider BB range, especially in cases other than stainless. I.e. silver / gold BB 36?

I may well have dream't about this but I'm almost certain that there will be a Black Bay 58 GMT on the horizon.

I don’t have instagram so I can’t see what the OP has referenced but to address the other comments, I found the BB36 wore a little small and the BB41 wore a little big. The most recent ranger was far too big too.

I think a 38/9mm ranger in an oyster-style case would be the business. They could even call it the black bay 38 / black bay field /black bay adventure or some other nonsense with the unique feature being that it has numerals on the dial (much as the bronze divers do). Looking forward to this one!

I’ve been hoping for years now that Tudor would properly reissue the Ranger, ever since I sold my Heritage Ranger for being too big and saucer like and having annoying straight end links.

If they released something with a similar dial, 36-38mm in size, fitted end links, 150m WR, drilled lugs and an in-house chronometer with 70hr power reserve then I’d be breaking their door down. Usually though these Tudor teasers end up being some slight variation of the BB line which always results in disappointment! Will see tomorrow I guess, could be interesting.

Master
    This is the old ad that is used on today’s Tudor Instagram entry.
    Also references “Going Back to 1952” & “Daring Jobs” - all eluding to the Tudor Oyster Prince that was released in 1952 & advertised as being worn by miners, stonecutters & steelworkers & withstanding much vibration in the process!
    I believe the Ranger didn’t appear until later in the 60’s.

My guess :-
    The new watch will probably end up being the BB36 with a new dial, handset & rivet oyster bracelet.
    Would prefer a 37mm Ranger though!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by davidj54 View Post
    I’ve been hoping for years now that Tudor would properly reissue the Ranger, ever since I sold my Heritage Ranger for being too big and saucer like and having annoying straight end links.
    You could drive a coach and horses through that end link gap! Most odd design! Love the dial though.

Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    You could drive a coach and horses through that end link gap! Most odd design! Love the dial though.
    I was trying to figure out what you were referring to, and then realised that the above picture is misleading.

In the Instagram post it is a different bracelet

Quote Originally Posted by paneristi372 View Post
    I may well have dream't about this but I'm almost certain that there will be a Black Bay 58 GMT on the horizon.
    ID Guy did a render on his YouTube channel anticipating a similar release with gilt dial and handset. Looked absolutely superb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    Yeah it was so irritating because the bracelet itself was, like all their bracelets, excellent. It looked naff though. The watch was too big as well, for the kind of watch it was.

I think because the Explorer was a 39mm at the time, Tudor weren’t able to do anything with the Ranger that closely competed, hence those differences that made the Ranger a bit different and inferior. It’s like the BB58, they’d never do that in black and silver as it would be too much of a similar alternative to the Sub, whereas the gilt makes it different enough.

I really like the BB36, in terms of size and purpose, but my main watch is a BB58 and I wouldn’t want two watches with basically the same dial. A 36mm version with some sort of batons/Arabic layout though and I’d be all over it!

Craftsman
    The good thing about the insta post is that the logo is small rose and rotor self winding. Much prefer that to the shield and multiple straight lines of text.

This new watch might be an evolution of the recently discontinued North Flag. A smaller and thinner case etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Watchmanuk4 View Post
    The good thing about the insta post is that the logo is small rose and rotor self winding. Much prefer that to the shield and multiple straight lines of text.

This new watch might be an evolution of the recently discontinued North Flag. A smaller and thinner case etc.
    I watched the insta-reel and thought it was very ambiguous whether this was pre-empting a new release or just a general advert, especially as the end it just says "discover more daring jobs". I'd love it to be a new release but I think there is a chance it is just general marketing based on an old advert....unless anyone has an inside info or can tie it to a rumour?

I would really like them to release a proper vintage piece like the one in the advert. They look so much more refined than today's reincarnations. People have mentioned the BB36 but to me it still looks too clunky with those huge marker plots and SS bezel...the proportions just don't seem elegant. This has been the trend ever since the Rolex maxi-dials came out in the noughties.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    I watched the insta-reel and thought it was very ambiguous whether this was pre-empting a new release or just a general advert...
    They don't tend to use old ads in their insta reels so I doubt it's a general advert but laying the groundwork/hype for a new release.

Considering the Tudor Royal from last year it would kind of make sense to have a Prince range too. It could supersede the Black Bay 32/36/41 range as Tudor need to diversify away from the slab sided designs and snowflake handset - it just doesn't work on all their watches.

Alternatively the new Prince branding could allow an explorer/field style watch with an in-house movement that is heavily shock resistant (hence the 1000 miles of vibrations advert on IG)

I look forward to seeing what they bring out but since Davide left their designs just don't hit the right mark for me.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Today's advert is just some fluffy stuff about the pelagos.
    From the comments it seems we may need to wait until 1.3.22 to see anything new

That's a new one!
    I had never heard of Tudor being associated with motorcycle racing.

My appreciation of the brand increaseth!