closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: JLC Reverso service experience timeline

Grand Master
    Blog Entries

JLC Reverso service experience timeline

I was planning on dropping my Reverso off for service next time I’m in London but as Ive no plans for a trip coming up I thought I would use their concierge service and booked with them today, they will send out pre-payed packaging for me to return the watch for service.

I will update this thread as the process progresses but for now all i have is the cost.

Once they have the watch in house it will be inspected and I will be advised if there are any additional costs over and above the agreed service cost.

16-02-2022

Returns packaging arrived today, so was quickly despatched.
    Last edited by ben4watches; 16th February 2022 at 18:38.
    Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

That’s a great idea and thank you for doing that. I’ve yet to use the JLC service system so I’ll be interested to see how this pans out.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    I don’t know if it goes to the same place for servicing but have used the same platform for IWC and all went very smoothly.

Master
    Hopefully it should work out well for you Ben, according to my recent experience.

I actually dropped my Reverso off at Bond Street and they proceeded once they have inspected the piece. There was no additional cost at the end and covered by a 2 year warranty.

My only grip is timing is off. Being only few Reverso with a chronograph function, I thought they would do better. If I recall, it was over 10 seconds out per day. I have not worn it much since service and it will probably go back for regulation doh……

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    What was the overall timescale Tim?

Quote Originally Posted by tim2012 View Post
    Hopefully it should work out well for you Ben, according to my recent experience.

I actually dropped my Reverso off at Bond Street and they proceeded once they have inspected the piece. There was no additional cost at the end and covered by a 2 year warranty.

My only grip is timing is off. Being only few Reverso with a chronograph function, I thought they would do better. If I recall, it was over 10 seconds out per day. I have not worn it much since service and it will probably go back for regulation doh……
    Cheers,

Ben

Master
    I think the turnover was quite quick in the region of 4 to 5 weeks. However I didn’t collect it till months later due to COVID restrictions.

Was there any more news on this OP? Thanks

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Actually I was going to update this today.

Slight change of plan, as it happens I will be going to London in a couple of weeks so have decided to drop the watch off at the JLC boutique.
    Cheers,

Ben

Master
    JLC make beautiful watches, I have a 1954 14ct Powermatic which is a classy looking watch but about 20 years ago the winding knob and the connecting shaft fell out when I was walking along Old Street in London. Long story short, it cost £1200.00 to replace it with a service. Lovely watches but they don't take prisoners when it comes to servicing.