closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Farer Erebus

Master

Farer Erebus

Still never bought a Farer but getting some terrors over the Erebus (see what I did there? No? Ok.)

Caught my eye a few days ago when it popped up on my IG feed with the orange rubber strap. I was initially in the market for an Anordain but current wait time is estimated at 2 years and thought this was a viable alternative. No experience with Farer, but the price doesn’t seem too bad?

Craftsman
    No Terror with Farer from my experience of owning one of their Lomond field watches, appears well made/finished and with a good accuracy too.

This new release also caught my eye, though sadly I'm trying to abstain from further collecting, except for a very occasional military issued.

Blog Entries
    I’ve had a good look at their other offerings and there is always something not quite right to my eye (in the design)… but this simple 3 hander looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by RLE View Post
    Caught my eye a few days ago when it popped up on my IG feed with the orange rubber strap. I was initially in the market for an Anordain but current wait time is estimated at 2 years and thought this was a viable alternative. No experience with Farer, but the price doesn’t seem too bad?
    We need to coordinate our efforts mate, I think our saved searches have much overlap! We will end up bidding against each other sooner or later lol.

anordain are high up my list!

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by AIDM View Post

We need to coordinate our efforts mate, I think our saved searches have much overlap! We will end up bidding against each other sooner or later lol.

anordain are high up my list!

Rob
    We probably already have, Rob .

I note both Farer and Anordain offer complimentary caseback engraving. If we can both agree to a relevant message or stick to use of our first names only, we can at least trade without the personalisation being an issue

getting some terrors over the Erebus (see what I did there? No? Ok.)

Very good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like it a lot, but I would be gutted if I got the one that they used for advertising - the finish on the seconds hand is truly horrible, with lumpy paint part-way up.

Quote Originally Posted by RLE View Post
    2 years, are they having a giraffe.

So they suddenly went from available to purchase to a two year wait list in under a year?

Quote Originally Posted by rsykes2000 View Post
    I like it a lot, but I would be gutted if I got the one that they used for advertising - the finish on the seconds hand is truly horrible, with lumpy paint part-way up.
    I think the image is distorted somehow, look at the 6, some of the batons and few parts of the case.

I like the way they have refined the crown design. The older brass crown was always a detail I couldn’t get past and ruled them out completely for me even though I liked everything else.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    2 years, are they having a giraffe.

So they suddenly went from available to purchase to a two year wait list in under a year?
    They were a 10wk wait a year ago, demand has increased significantly whilst they tried batch production, and they are reserving some time for product development. Not hard to imagine it reaching 2yrs with that and the fact any new staff training takes more time away from customer fulfilment.

As for Farer, they really know how to design an attractive watch! Each of their recent releases has been excellent.

Craftsman
    I've not come across Farer before - there are so many brands out there, it's impossible to keep track - but the black dial and subtle design of the Erebus is quite lovely.

If it had 100 m WR it'd be a contender for sure.