closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'Peaky Blinders' - opinions on Final season (6)

'Peaky Blinders' - opinions on Final season (6)

I know... I'm very late to the party as it was first aired in 2013, but I've just finished Season 1 and it is really good. Great acting, story, writing, atmosphere.

Up there with the best I'd say. Looking forward to Season 2 now... :)
    Last edited by The Hack; 17th March 2022 at 14:19.

It is one of the very best shows of the past decade - no question in my mind. Enjoy!
    So clever my foot fell off.

I think it’s a BBC show.

For a second I thought the new season was out!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by levkov View Post
    For a second I thought the new season was out!
    This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ and relax! Theres a good article in this months Esquire chatting to Cillian Murphy. Filming for season 6 Began in Jan 2020 with Polly , then was delayed until March 21 by when Polly’s prognosis was grim so she was written out. The whole cast were badly effected by her loss in her middle 50’s and in Cillian’s words account for the darkest series to date.
    Last edited by higham5; 11th February 2022 at 12:11.

Craftsman
    Season 6 will be the final season and is due to air in Mar/Apr - so not long to wait! There is also talk that after S6 there will be a film to wrap up the whole thing.

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk

Red face

Oh!! :) Didn't know that...

Quote Originally Posted by smalleyboy1 View Post
    I think it’s a BBC show.

Master
    I'm a bit jealous that you're in the position you're in - just discovering the series as the final one is almost ready to go. The rest of us have had a crazy long wait for this!

Red face

Yep - I'm going to savour the next 4 Seasons. :)

I discovered 'Game of Thrones' very late too and really enjoyed watch Seasons 1 to 5 back to back almost. :) Shame it all went a bit wrong for GoT in its last 2 Seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by kevkojak View Post
    I'm a bit jealous that you're in the position you're in - just discovering the series as the final one is almost ready to go. The rest of us have had a crazy long wait for this!

Don't binge it too quickly (which is what we did here).

I think we watched all of the series one after the other, every evening, over the space of around 3-4 weeks and it definitely took the edge off of it and spoilt what is an otherwise great series as it became a bit repetitive.

Quote Originally Posted by Maysie View Post
    Don't binge it too quickly (which is what we did here).

I think we watched all of the series one after the other, every evening, over the space of around 3-4 weeks and it definitely took the edge off of it and spoilt what is an otherwise great series as it became a bit repetitive.
    I'd echo this. I think I got into sheet series 3 was released. There is some merit in avoiding the instant gratification we've become accustomed to with streaming services.

I cannot wait for the final series though!

Quote Originally Posted by The Hack View Post
    I know... I'm very late to the party as it was first aired in 2013, but I've just finished Season 1 and it is really good. Great acting, story, writing, atmosphere.

Up there with the best I'd say. Looking forward to Season 2 now... :)
    A BBC series. All 6 Series are on iPlayer (They are not all on Netflix)

Stuff like this makes the licence fee well worth the money

Quote Originally Posted by SeanST150 View Post
    I'd echo this. I think I got into sheet series 3 was released. There is some merit in avoiding the instant gratification we've become accustomed to with streaming services.

I cannot wait for the final series though!
    Absolutely. Same here.
    I am just hoping I have not ruined my enjoyment of the new series with my previous greedy viewing habits!

I watched the first series and then lost interest to be honest. I couldn't have empathy with any of the main characters

Pretty much a between wars gangster soap opera IMO.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    I watched the first series and then lost interest to be honest. I couldn't have empathy with any of the main characters

Pretty much a between wars gangster soap opera IMO.
    Same here, my better half raves about it but for me I just don't get the hype.

Its an interesting series where i think style overides a bit of lacking in the substance (writing) department.

I enjoy the series but you need to appreciate the music the atmosphere and it just oozes style.

I enjoyed the first series and watched a bit of the second before losing interest

Red face

I've just finished the 2nd series. It's not as 'accomplished' as the first. Trying to do a bit too much and a few illogical plot twists. Little confusing in parts. Still very good and I enjoyed it. I definitely wanted to keep know what happens next, which is a good sign.

I'll see how the 3rd series goes, but I'll take a bit of a break before I watch Season 3. :)

Quote Originally Posted by smalleyboy1 View Post
    I think it’s a BBC show.
    Yeah, but what have the BBC ever done...

Reminds me of this:

https://youtu.be/WIbPjJPDvkM

M

Sent from my ASUS_X00PD using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

I blitzed the whole 5 series on iPlayer recently. Absolutely compelling TV and poignant knowing that Helen McCrory passed away last year.

Looking forward to S6.

Master
    I can highly recommend this evening out if you’re a fan - https://www.peakytours.com/page/the-tour/
    Try and book with Carl Chinn if you do.

the black country museum (some of the series is filmed there) also does peaky blinders nights which are supposed to be a good night out

https://bclm.com/peaky-blinders-nights/

Craftsman
    Last month I started watching from season 1 for the first time, and just finished season 5 today. The final episode was great, especially catching up with Alfie again, and the banter between him and Tommy was very amusing. Tom Hardy was over the top as usual, which is what the role needs.

The 6th (and final) series of PB starts on BBC on Sunday 27th February. I can’t wait.

Red face Final Season (6)

So what's the consensus ion the final Season?

I've watched all of them now and Seasons 4 and 5 went downhill a bit (unrealistic, illogical plot twists) and this final season isn't that great so far. :( Shame really.

Master
    It's all very atmospheric and moody but it got a bit far-fetched before the end of series 5 IMO

It should be renamed Shouty Blinders. I’m not engaging with it at all

Master
    Ada is coming into her own, Jack Nelson is a great character and there is definite intrigue in terms of how he, the IRA and Mosley play out.

Building up nicely IMO.
    Last edited by Bondurant; 17th March 2022 at 22:40.

Master
    We were really looking forward to S6 but tbh it seems to have lost it's way, not much of it is making sense.

Not the best series imo
    But still watchable

Master
    Blog Entries
    S6:very poor. I am really struggling to be remotely bothered to concentrate. If it doesn't improve sharpish, it's going down as utter drivel in my book.
    Shame, s1-s4 were great, but it just doesn't seem to know what it is now, a kind of shit gypsy Downton with swearing.

This is the first series I've watched in real time, and I wonder if not being able to binge is a factor?

Master
    I was thinking exactly the same thing whilst I watched the latest episode last night.

However I decided that this couldn't be the only reason why I am struggling with this season. I feel the show has definately departed from all those things that made me enjoy it for most of the earlier seasons.

I really do hope it improves drastically, it would be such a shame for something so good to go out on such a whimper and tarnish the good work done in previous seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    This is the first series I've watched in real time, and I wonder if not being able to binge is a factor?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    I'm glad it can't be binged, one episode is a slog, two in a row would put me to sleep. Given it's a six episode limited series I thought they'd have been powering through the action, instead it's a sloooooowwwwww slow burn. I was so excited for this series, gutted to say its been a disappointment and we're halfway there already.

I do think the first couple of series were the best. S3 it went a bit off, S4 was a return with the simpler vendetta storyline, and then S5 it got a bit convoluted again. I guess it’s just evolution of the stories and the characters. I’m hoping we see Moseleys Scottish man Jimmy McGovern (I think) return for an almighty scrap with Arthur - he surely can’t get away with what he did to Aberama’s son, and a knock with Arthur was teased in S5. Hopefully we get resolution of all these things in the final 3 episodes, rather than just teeing up a film.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    I was thinking exactly the same thing whilst I watched the latest episode last night.

However I decided that this couldn't be the only reason why I am struggling with this season. I feel the show has definately departed from all those things that made me enjoy it for most of the earlier seasons.

I really do hope it improves drastically, it would be such a shame for something so good to go out on such a whimper and tarnish the good work done in previous seasons.

Same for me too. Stopped watching it.

Master
    Series 4 was when the decline set in. In retrospect, it would have been best not to have screened series 6 because it has simply lost the integrity and ethos of the original plot.

Master
    All going well this series - I think the screenplay could do with fewer f**ks in it for reality. Arthur's lines I think are spot on but others less so.

However, Arthur at the docks with the union leader in last week's episode disappointed me.

Other than that pretty good I would say and a lot better than some of the crap that we get from over the pond or under the ground.

B

Master
    Blog Entries
    Mediocre so far for me.

Arthur has had little to do, plot a bit dull and sadly of course no Helen.

Hopefully picks up

Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    However, Arthur at the docks with the union leader in last week's episode disappointed me
    I know what you mean, though I thought Stephen Graham was superb. Best thing in this series so far, apart from maybe Tom Hardy.

I used to really enjoy this, but like so many series it has run its course, finding this current series very hard going.

Master
    Struggling with this series too. Find myself glancing down at my phone and scrolling away every 5mins which I can’t say I did on any of the previous series.

Was looking forward to this and Killing Eve, but I’ve been disappointed with both so far.

Master
    I agree about Killing Eve, it's got even more far-fetched than I could ever imagine.

Almost at the point of being unwatchable

Craftsman
    I thought the finale last night was a return to form, after quite a big dip in the middle of the series. Moody settings, overtop characters, and some gallows humour: "Vengeance is mine, saith the lord",..."Not in Small Heath, it aint". Ouch!

The Lacrimosa from Mozart's Requiem Mass is always a classy touch, but the rest of the music was not for me.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by gorrie View Post
    Was looking forward to this and Killing Eve, but I’ve been disappointed with both so far.
    I could only bear to watch the first episode of Killing Eve - the plot is just too random, and I no longer care about any of the characters. After the first series was so good.

Has this series got any better?
    Last edited by Tatters; 4th April 2022 at 10:12.

You can't have 5 garbage episodes, one half decent last finale and expect people to get excited about the next season.

It was dreadful and only the past good seasons kept me in front of the TV for this series.

Craftsman
    Was looking forward to the final series. But after 2 episodes got bored and lost interest in watching the rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thoroughly enjoyed last night's Peaky Blinders. The best of this series by a country mile (should be I suppose as it was the finale), superb twist at the end, lining everything up nicely for the forthcoming film. I can't help think the first five episodes could have been condensed into one or two, they contained a lot of 'filler'.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tatters View Post
    I could only bear to watch the first episode of Killing Eve - the plot is just too random, and I no longer care about any of the characters. After the first series was so good.

Has this series got any better?
    Marginally. Villanelle started being a bit more like her old self after a few episodes, and there appears to be some sort of plot emerging regarding Carolyn, so I’ve persevered.