closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New Legend Diver colours

New Legend Diver colours

Two new colours for the LLD
    https://monochrome-watches.com/longi...ands-on-price/

I’ll be interested to see them in the flesh. Since I bought my original no date I think there are 10 variations now available in 42mm.

Also there are two new colours in 36mm. My wife wears the Pearl dial version which she loves. The watch works really well at that size too.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Like they greyscale one.

Master
    They both look nice. Thanks for sharing.

I like the 36mm version and recently almost purchased one. It uses a smaller movement based on the ETA2861. I read somewhere that the smaller movement may not be as ‘robust’ as the likes of a 2824. Any truth in this or should it be comparable to the workhorse 2824?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Tetley View Post
    I like the 36mm version and recently almost purchased one. It uses a smaller movement based on the ETA2861. I read somewhere that the smaller movement may not be as ‘robust’ as the likes of a 2824. Any truth in this or should it be comparable to the workhorse 2824?
    I shouldn't worry - yes it's a much smaller movement but I haven't seen any claims backed up with anything other than prejudices against it for having been used mostly on women's watches due to the size. My wife's LLD keeps excellent time and hasn't missed a beat from new and it's been worn daily for a year now.

Quote Originally Posted by ped View Post
    I shouldn't worry - yes it's a much smaller movement but I haven't seen any claims backed up with anything other than prejudices against it for having been used mostly on women's watches due to the size. My wife's LLD keeps excellent time and hasn't missed a beat from new and it's been worn daily for a year now.
    Thanks for that. What I suspected and it’s not like I’d actually be using it for diving. I’m sure it could cope quite well with my ‘adventurous’ lifestyle

Craftsman
    Have they done another version with no date?

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaEchoAlpha View Post
    Yes, three:

Poland special edition in gold
    Spain special edition in gunmetal
    Bronze edition with green gradient dial

All 42mm

Not sure if they'll ever re-issue the No Date re-issue(!) but you never know. Kind of feel the chance has passed and it's all about gradient dials now. And it seems that watches with a date are far more popular with the type of customer Longines usually sell to

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Tetley View Post
    Thanks for that. What I suspected and it’s not like I’d actually be using it for diving. I’m sure it could cope quite well with my ‘adventurous’ lifestyle
    Even if it did have a problem I have experienced Longines' service twice now and have been delighted each time at the low cost and efficient service. Would you be looking at the black dial? I just remembered that the 36mm version has an extra colour to add to the list, purple. So:

36mm
    Purple gradient
    Pearl dial
    Black dial
    Brown gradient
    Blue gradient
    Sand gradient
    Dark red gradient

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ped View Post
    Yes, three:

Poland special edition in gold
    Spain special edition in gunmetal
    Bronze edition with green gradient dial

All 42mm

Not sure if they'll ever re-issue the No Date re-issue(!) but you never know. Kind of feel the chance has passed and it's all about gradient dials now. And it seems that watches with a date are far more popular with the type of customer Longines usually sell to
    Bit disspointing given the number of different variants they cannot offer one with no date. I find the watch really attractive but the date really does ruin an otherwise beautiful dial in my opinion.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaEchoAlpha View Post
    Having often missed my no date LLD from years ago, I recently enquired with Longines' Service Centre if they'd retrofit that dial to a date version. They didn't say no, only that they'd assess my watch if I sent it in for service. I don't currently own one (hence asking rather speculatively), but it'd be interesting to see if anyone else has seen or had this done. There's such a premium for the no-date dial that surely people have found a way to buy a dial and have it fitted?

I can't remember, but it may be that the no-date has the same movement just without the date window.

Ant

The no date doesn’t have a ghost position. It actually has a slightly different movement with a lower power reserve. I think the longer reserve was introduced with the PVD finish and is now standard across the range. I’m not sure if the current no date models have a ghost position but I expect they don’t.

The brown fade dial looks just like the dial of the Certina in wearing at the moment, does that make me in trend for a change?

Quote Originally Posted by Tetlee View Post
    The brown fade dial looks just like the dial of the Certina in wearing at the moment, does that make me in trend for a change?
    Gradient dials do seem to be all the rage at the moment. Hold your head high and rock that dial!