closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Enicar

Grand Master

Enicar

Got talking to a chap about watches as you do!.

I know now't about Enicars,and told him Id do some asking on the forum.

Whats this worth guys?.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by P9CLY; 4th February 2022 at 00:35.

Steve Harris is your man on TZ.
    The sherpaguide is a desirable watch and that looks to be in very good condition.
    I would say 1000-1500 although it does not look to be in the greatest condition (not the best pictures) and the GMT hand looks to be faded / replaced - this is a distinctive part of the watch in my opinion.
    They are a nice watch but collectors are fussy. Pointer is intact which is a bonus and bezel looks reasonable

They do pop up fairly regularly.
    Early adventurer type pieces.

Here's a fairly recent (2020) piece about the:
    "So you're curious about Enicar, huh?"

Grand Master
    Im sat having a coffee and looking at them,this is a seapearl model.
    I have only found one with the word "automatic" at the bottom.
    The pic doesnt do it justice tbh,it is a rather nice watch with the expected ageing of its period,but certainly not bad at sll.

https://enicar.org/

The owner might want to have a flick through this site.
    There is a wealth of info on there

Correction: if you scroll down on this page
    https://enicar.org/2021/12/31/watch-value-barometer-6/

There is an example of this watch and the GMT hand looks to be correct for this watch. Estimate 700-1300 euros
    Last edited by Sinnlover; 2nd February 2022 at 22:21.

Grand Master
    He sent me some more info.

Enicar Sherpa Guide “automatic”
    146/001
    Seapearl on the case back.

Still only seen one other with the word "automatic" at the bottom.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by P9CLY; 2nd February 2022 at 23:16.

The best website (that I know of anyway) on Enicar Sherpas is here: https://thespringbar.com/blogs/guide...-crown-models/

I have 2 and it's definitely one of my favourite watches. Also, it's absolutely massive for a 60s watch at 43mm. Here's one of mine which I bought here on TZ many, many moons ago:

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Lampoc View Post
    The best website (that I know of anyway) on Enicar Sherpas is here: https://thespringbar.com/blogs/guide...-crown-models/

I have 2 and it's definitely one of my favourite watches. Also, it's absolutely massive for a 60s watch at 43mm. Here's one of mine which I bought here on TZ many, many moons ago:

Thanks for the info,ive been reading up on the model,seems its a MarkII 146/001 having had a good look.
    Yes a huge watch for the era!.

cheers
    Last edited by P9CLY; 3rd February 2022 at 08:51.

Master
    I owned the watch. Sherpa Guide, early model.

It is beast. Custom made EPSA, 30 jewels in house movement. Double bezels and inner rotating bezel. Even today its impressive watch.

Mine had original BOR bracelet. Truly nice underdog of vintage world.

Grand Master

Looking at the bezel,does the inner red move independently of the outer?.
    Pmd you about the gmt hand,does that operate as per a Rolex or Tudor GMT,ie pull crown out to adjust ?.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by P9CLY View Post
    Looking at the bezel,does the inner red move independently of the outer?.
    Pmd you about the gmt hand,does that operate as per a Rolex or Tudor GMT,ie pull crown out to adjust ?.

Thanks
    The inner red does move independently of the outer but I know they can be a bit fragile so make sure it hasn't snapped. On mine the GMT hand is slaved to the hour hand. The date (on mine anyway) is changed Vostok style by going back and forth past 12 but I'm unsure if this is correct - I've heard there is a quickset date mechanism on some of these that works by pushing and pulling the crown out but it can be vulnerable apparently. Steve Harris is really your man to ask - what he doesn't know about Enicars isn't worth knowing.

Grand Master
    The inner red does move independently of the outer but I know they can be a bit fragile so make sure it hasn't snapped. On mine the GMT hand is slaved to the hour hand. The date (on mine anyway) is changed Vostok style by going back and forth past 12 but I'm unsure if this is correct - I've heard there is a quickset date mechanism on some of these that works by pushing and pulling the crown out but it can be vulnerable apparently. Steve Harris is really your man to ask - what he doesn't know about Enicars isn't worth knowing.
    Thanks for this and ill give it good looking at if I decide its for me.

Looks like a nice one! The GMT hand on the earlier ones wouldn't be the chequered type (I think someone mentioned it looked faded), so all looks fine and a nice example. These were the beaters of their day and it's very, very hard to find a pristine one but this looks to be very nice and all correct.

There's a bit of dial variation on some of these and the addition of the word automatic doesn't really add any additional value. You can't adjust the GMT hand manually unfortunately and I don't remember any of the Guides I've owned having a quick set date feature.

Price wise though, around £1,250-£1,500 depending on service history etc would be fair I'd say

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHarris View Post
    Looks like a nice one! The GMT hand on the earlier ones wouldn't be the chequered type (I think someone mentioned it looked faded), so all looks fine and a nice example. These were the beaters of their day and it's very, very hard to find a pristine one but this looks to be very nice and all correct.

There's a bit of dial variation on some of these and the addition of the word automatic doesn't really add any additional value. You can't adjust the GMT hand manually unfortunately and I don't remember any of the Guides I've owned having a quick set date feature.

Price wise though, around £1,250-£1,500 depending on service history etc would be fair I'd say
    Thanks for this Steve very much appreciated too.Ive yet to hear back from the chap,but ill post better pics if I do buy it.

He has got in touch so going to have a good look later.
    Last edited by P9CLY; 3rd February 2022 at 17:12.

Grand Master
    I now have an Enicar Sherpa Guide.Now what do I wear it on!?.A few issues but when I look into getting it serviced they will be sorted.

Last edited by P9CLY; 4th February 2022 at 00:34.

I now have an Enicar Sherpa Guide.Now what do I wear it on!?.A few issues but when I look into getting it serviced they will be sorted.

Nice one!
    I would wear it on a nice brown vintage leather personally.

Congrats! I had one of those on a vintage style brown leather NATO. Looked great!

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveHarris View Post
    Congrats! I had one of those on a vintage style brown leather NATO. Looked great!
    I have a few of those Steve,will give them a try.

Cheers

Looking good. The outer bezel is in especially nice condition. You'll see them more often with a lot of place names worn off than as nice as yours. I'm always partial to a beads of rice bracelet on (Enicar) supercompressors.

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 50kopek View Post
    Looking good. The outer bezel is in especially nice condition. You'll see them more often with a lot of place names worn off than as nice as yours. I'm always partial to a beads of rice bracelet on (Enicar) supercompressors.

Thanks,the bezel is in great condition surprisingly.Ill have to keep my eye out for a bracelet like yours,but doubt Ill find one anytime soon,and will be costlt ill bet.

I put mine on a new beads of rice bracelet from Watchgecko. The endlinks did take a bit of fettling with a half-round file to make it fit though.

Grand Master
    I put mine on a new beads of rice bracelet from Watchgecko. The endlinks did take a bit of fettling with a half-round file to make it fit though.
    I like the BOR bracelet,ill have a look on watchgecko,I think I have a bracelet that might suit the watch.