closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Timefactors Success Stories

Congrats, man!!! 👍🏻 Can't wait to see it. Enjoy and wear it in good health!

Quote Originally Posted by Planet Ocean View Post
    SUCCESS......I have just managed to pick up a plexi Commando, unbelievably no issues this time, straight through, however did have the banking app open & ready this time to approve the purchase.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by swanksteak View Post
    Congrats, man!!!  Can't wait to see it. Enjoy and wear it in good health!
    thanks buddy....the wait now begins

I don't think that connection is the problem, the first order received on Sunday was from South Korea and the second was from Taiwan. Shopify is hosted on the Google network with hubs worldwide.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Master
    I managed to get the Everest on Sunday and was really impressed to receive it today. I think the jubilee bracelet will be a nice option for the regular Everest if it's made available.

Eddie you must be working very hard to get the orders out so quickly.
    Last edited by Rob s; 15th February 2022 at 16:01.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob s View Post
    I managed to get the Everest on Sunday and was really impressed to receive it today. I think the jubilee bracelet will be a nice option for the regular Everest if it's made available.

Eddie you must be working very hard to get the orders out so quickly.
    Congrats… I see a lot of posts of the Everest with stickers still attached. Are people not wearing them lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by theflyingfisherman; 15th February 2022 at 18:36.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by theflyingfisherman View Post
    Congrats… I see a lot of posts of the Everest black arches with stickers still attached. Are people not wearing them lol

I'll be wearing mine but took this photo about 5 mins after the UPS dropped it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob s View Post
    I'll be wearing mine but took this photo about 5 mins after the UPS dropped it off.
    Enjoy it… so you own both the Aventurine and the black dial. Favourite or too early to say?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by theflyingfisherman View Post
    Enjoy it… so you own both the Aventurine and the black dial. Favourite or too early to say?
    Also tried the Commando, the gilt dial and the previous gen Everest with the ghost lettering (and adjustable clasp). It might be a little too early to say but i think the latest black dial iteration is pretty much prefect. For me the white 'Everest' lettering adds a symmetry to the dial others were missing. Having said that I really like the Jubilee bracelet.

Journeyman
    I almost feel bad for my easy experience. I saw the Caribbean watch over the Christmas holidays and decided to buy it when the shop opened. I've been wearing a 45mm watch as my beater which influenced my decision to go for for either the 40mm Caribbean or 42mm Dreadnought. I saw the shop was open at 2pm. At that time I was walking the dogs in some woods with my kids. I went online via my phone just before 2pm, set up an account and bought the watch I wanted.
    This was my first experience buying from Timefactors. My god, I love the Smith's Caribbean. I have a lot of watches but find myself just staring at its beauty throughout the day. Being a very recent TF convert, I'm fine with the buying purchase, and to be honest the fact the shop is rarely open will be good for my bank balance and marriage. I must admit though, seeing people on ebay selling them a week after their purchase because their wrists are too big and hairy is doing my head in and I can understand why some of the long standing TF aficionados and forum contributors are expressing a frustration. Seriously good watch though. Might get the Dreadnought too but I'd need the 42mm version I reckon.

Apprentice
    The last time I purchased one of Eddie’s watches was in 2020, before the migration to the current version of the online store. What a difference! I remember the old version was almost always brought down because of the high amount of requests. I couldn’t even refresh the page in under 30-50 seconds to check if the store is open in the minute it was supposed to be. So last Sunday I managed to purchase a silver jubilee. The site was snappy and responsive, definitely a huge improvement and a success story.

I’m pleased to be able to report a success at long last. Following the news letter in advance of the last opening, I targeted the Smiths Caribbean full Yellow and was lucky enough to get one in the basket and complete the purchase. I received tracking details on Sunday evening and the watch arrived first thing this morning.

Probably not to everyone’s taste, but I do have a thing for Yellow watches. Absolutely delighted with it and a big thank you to Eddie.

That looks fantastic! Enjoy it! 👍🏻

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    I’m pleased to be able to report a success at long last. Following the news letter in advance of the last opening, I targeted the Smiths Caribbean full Yellow and was lucky enough to get one in the basket and complete the purchase. I received tracking details on Sunday evening and the watch arrived first thing this morning.

Probably not to everyone’s taste, but I do have a thing for Yellow watches. Absolutely delighted with it and a big thank you to Eddie.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post

Nice one Ken!

That looks fantastic! Enjoy it! 
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGent View Post
    Nice one Ken!
    Thanks guys

Success!

Take that flippers!

and I'm on 4Mb DSL across the pond... it can be done.

Yes you read that right... 4 (four) megabits.
    Last edited by redhed18; 13th March 2022 at 16:07.

Quote Originally Posted by redhed18 View Post
    Success!

Take that flippers!

You must have the string between the cans pulled really tight!

Congratulations on your success!

M
    Last edited by snowman; 14th March 2022 at 00:41.
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Congrats!!!

Success!

Take that flippers!

FYI!
    Next Opening Sunday 17th April at 1400hrs [UK]

Quote Originally Posted by abraxas View Post
    FYI!
    Next Opening Sunday 17th April at 1400hrs [UK]
    Site shows the 24th of April now.

Managed to get a Commando last Sunday. Arrived in 2 days here in The Netherlands. Absolutely loving it!

Last edited by swanksteak; 1st May 2022 at 21:02.

Craftsman
    Managed to get a Commando last Sunday. Arrived in 2 days here in The Netherlands. Absolutely loving it!

Great photo, really captures the dial colour......looks fantastic.

Thanks, man!

Quote Originally Posted by Planet Ocean View Post
    Great photo, really captures the dial colour......looks fantastic.

First watch purchase from Eddie (I've bought straps over the years). Really tugged back and forth between the Everest and the Commando but in the end...

I was fully prepared to not get a watch, recognizing the demand and the possible inundation of the website. But I sat at my desktop (full kb/mouse and hardwired, no laptop vagaries for this activity), logged into the site, cc in my buffer. Astonishingly I was able to complete my entire purchase in under 60 seconds. Almost as shocking was the transit time, 4 days from purchase in the UK to on my wrist in the US.

The watch is exquisite. More watch for the money than anything else I have bought for the same price. I keep swapping back and forth from the bracelet to various straps. I think a more articulated link pattern (jubilee, president) would better suit me. Anyone know if Uncle Seiko's Z199 for the Seiko SKX013 would fit?

Timefactors Success Stories

Quote Originally Posted by audioholic63 View Post
    First watch purchase from Eddie (I've bought straps over the years). Really tugged back and forth between the Everest and the Commando but in the end...

I was fully prepared to not get a watch, recognizing the demand and the possible inundation of the website. But I sat at my desktop (full kb/mouse and hardwired, no laptop vagaries for this activity), logged into the site, cc in my buffer. Astonishingly I was able to complete my entire purchase in under 60 seconds. Almost as shocking was the transit time, 4 days from purchase in the UK to on my wrist in the US.

The watch is exquisite. More watch for the money than anything else I have bought for the same price. I keep swapping back and forth from the bracelet to various straps. I think a more articulated link pattern (jubilee, president) would better suit me. Anyone know if Uncle Seiko's Z199 for the Seiko SKX013 would fit?

Looks great on your wrist!

I’m certain I’ve read that SKX013 aftermarket bracelets fit these cases, but maybe someone else will confirm. Maybe get Eddie’s jubilee bracelet if that’s the look you’ are going for?

Congrats! That looks fantastic!!! Love the gilt dial

Was chatting with Larry today (Uncle Seiko). Turns out someone had just contacted him on Instagram today to extol the virtues of his SKX013 20mm Z199 on a PRS-47. It looks like the end links could use a little more fettling but otherwise it is fantastic. I already have one in 22mm and I know the quality, so I ordered one. :-)

Nice!

Was chatting with Larry today (Uncle Seiko). Turns out someone had just contacted him on Instagram today to extol the virtues of his SKX013 20mm Z199 on a PRS-47. It looks like the end links could use a little more fettling but otherwise it is fantastic. I already have one in 22mm and I know the quality, so I ordered one. :-)

Managed to get an Expedition this past Sunday! Arrived next day here in NL. Really loving this one.

Last edited by swanksteak; 31st May 2022 at 20:57. Reason: Image fix

Managed to get an Expedition this past Sunday! Arrived next day here in NL. Really loving this one.

That just looks so nice and warm.

Pics of the Expedition always make me second-guess me having bought a white-dialled Everest. Lovely.
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

I'm happy that the Expedition lasted over 4 minutes today (white dial Everest was available for a minute and 30 seconds). This gave plenty of opportunity and time for people wanting one to jump in. Even I jumped in on one 😊. This marks my second TF watch. I'm hoping the Smiths Commander will be my third...

Well both myself and a friend of mine separately managed to bag an Expedition at the store opening today - my second TF and his first. I told him my technique (hardly a technique; just have everything immediately to hand and type fast) and it worked out for both of us. Don't know what the fuss is about (tongue firmly inserted in cheek).

A question though - I am lucky enough to live in sunny Sheffield, whilst he is lucky enough to work here. Does anyone know if there is a collection service available for TF watches? My guess is no. I mean, who in their right mind would want to deal with all the idiots in person?! I'm asking not so much to avoid the postage cost, but more to avoid having to deal with couriers. If it was a couple less parcels to post it might suit Eddie too?

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by chris_calcite View Post
    A question though - I am lucky enough to live in sunny Sheffield, whilst he is lucky enough to work here. Does anyone know if there is a collection service available for TF watches? My guess is no.
    Chris
    I imagine that service is only available to mates who know the way to his favourite pub and will stand a few shouts...

I imagine that service is only available to mates who know the way to his favourite pub and will stand a few shouts...
    Us locals get invited to the gaffer's man cave, where we get to try new models, collect our purchases, have a few beers and sometimes even get a few hours in the hot tub, ya need to "be in it to win it".
    Last edited by number2; 31st July 2022 at 17:15.
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Us locals get invited to the gaffer's man cave, where we get to try new models, collect our purchases, have a few beers and sometimes even get a few hours in the hot tub, ya need to "be in it to win it".
    Seen the queue outside Eddie’s gaff on a Sunday - must be pissing off the neighbours, thought Omega x Swatch was bad enough.

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    I bloody KNEW it! Bah, why am I never invited to these things?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Seen the queue outside Eddie’s gaff on a Sunday - must be pissing off the neighbours, thought Omega x Swatch was bad enough.
    No shortage of dodgy youths(*) in Sheffield for that role!

(*) sorry, I mean keen young horologists.

Hmmmmm, which pub did you say that was?

Quote Originally Posted by chris_calcite View Post
    Hmmmmm, which pub did you say that was?
    I havrn't been in a pub (hotel actually) since my nephew's wedding 6 years ago. Curiously, a horse was best man.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    I havrn't been in a pub (hotel actually) since my nephew's wedding 6 years ago.
    That sounds like a wise decision. Actual scenes from a Sheffield pub.

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    I havrn't been in a pub (hotel actually) since my nephew's wedding 6 years ago. Curiously, a horse was best man.

Eddie
    I’ve been called worse.

Dave from Time Factors

Timefactors Insta

Blog Entries
    A man called horse.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddelvirks View Post
    A man called horse.
    It’s better than Sue!

Congratulations to those who got a Smiths Everest today. You have waited for quite a while, but took advantage of the best opportunity. This opening was a bit of a sleeper for the black Everest; it lasted for about a minute as opposed to past black Everest openings.

Craftsman
    I tried but failed!

If anyone falls out of love with theirs when they get it please let me know! Thanks

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Taiken View Post
    Congratulations to those who got a Smiths Everest today. You have waited for quite a while, but took advantage of the best opportunity. This opening was a bit of a sleeper for the black Everest; it lasted for about a minute as opposed to past black Everest openings.
    Indeed about a minute. I had to use my IPhone, therefore less convenient. Will try another time. 22 january, I hope. On the laptop.

Congratulation to the persons that succeeded.