closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody up for a bit of honeycomb?

Anybody up for a bit of honeycomb?

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Blog Entries
    Should look good. I often like patterned/textured dials.

I think this is one that needs to be seen in prototype or maybe 3D render form to really get an idea of it. I look forward to seeing it in due course.

Is this a two-layered dial with the chapter ring on a different layer? If yes, I would say, Wow!

Whatever that case... Textured dials are the new black at the moment so you cannot go wrong. The creamy lume is my choice.

Craftsman
    This variant in cream/off-white colour dial might also look very nice.
    Last edited by silver centurian; 30th January 2022 at 00:08.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Looks good but I would always prefer the 369 indices pushed further out like on the Commando.

Craftsman
    I do like this, the creamy lume version sets of the textured dial in my opinon and a 3D render would be great see....

Precedent.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Journeyman
    I like it especially the cream lume. Really lifts the whole dial

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post

Precedent.

R
    There's a Chinese co. called Iron Watch knocking out what they describe as a Vintage OP that's a dead ringer for that Rolex with the gold indices albeit not 3,6,9 configuration, I have one with a white/ cream dial, also has the waffle/ honey comb dial effect, runs a miyota movement like the Everest, 150 m WR

https://wrwatches.com/collections/iron-watch

The case size in 36. 7 mm X 46 mm, so wears a touch larger than the Everest's, which for my wrist size, 8 and a bit inches, makes it a better fit for me, same height 11.3 mm to top of the sapphire crystal... dead easy to order and a tad cheaper too...

Might be worth a look for any frustrated would be TF Everest purchasers out there who like this style case, size, vintage look...I've had TF watches, I can't see much if any quality difference...not quite so much lume on the Iron Watch as the TF explorer/ commando inspired everests, worth mentioning, but there is some ...dagger hands smaller surface area.

Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    The bracelet on the Flieger looks interesting. Like on a IWC from the 90s.

Yes i do want it.lol..but it is impossible actually for some of us to do purchase anything from you ... Eddie

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using TZ-UK mobile app

These are cool Eddie.

Quote Originally Posted by oca9i View Post
    .......it is impossible actually for some of us to do purchase anything from you ... Eddie
    Something needs to be done about that. Forum members should be prioritised... perhaps through length of membership vs post counts or something. Even for a while until this crazyness dies out. Somehow I don't feel that what is happening is fair. The wrong people are being punished.
    Last edited by abraxas; 31st January 2022 at 15:36.

Quote Originally Posted by abraxas View Post
    Something needs to be done about that. Forum members should be prioritised... perhaps through length of membership vs post counts or something. Even for a while until this crazyness dies out. Somehow I don't feel that what is happening is fair. The wrong people are being punished.
    Curious.. Do you own any watches from timefactors?

And I think the forum members had enough time to buy the original models way back when the forum and watches weren’t so well known. So older members had a fair chance. Plus joining the forum is not easy as it’s almost always showing up as closed for new members. So doing it that way leaves a lot of new customers out of the fold. I also don’t think that’s totally fair.

At the end of the day more watches are coming so you’ll the one you want after enough tries. I also had to try multiple times but just went with it.
    Last edited by theflyingfisherman; 31st January 2022 at 15:52.

The bracelet on the Flieger looks interesting. Like on a IWC from the 90s.
    It's a nice looking watch, I'd try it but I have something I like in that style, amazing at the sale price.

Quote Originally Posted by theflyingfisherman View Post
    Curious.. Do you own any watches from timefactors?
    I currently own three (with the prs40 chrono on the way) but over the years I probably bought more than ten watches from TF. But I am not talking about me as I am not interested in the popular models, I just see that forum members are missing out and now that the word* got out, it would be nice to see the members benefiting instead of whatever is happening now.

* The word is that TF watches rock

Quote Originally Posted by theflyingfisherman View Post
    So doing it that way leaves a lot of new customers out of the fold. I also don’t think that’s totally fair.

The members will not be buying every single watch of every batch of every model. I would be suprised if they take 20%. I suggest that when new models come in, to have a mid-week private opening for members-only and then put whatever is left on the next available Sunday.

The members will not be buying every single watch of every batch of every model. I would be suprised if they take 20%. I suggest that when new models come in, to have a mid-week private opening for members-only and then put whatever is left on the next available Sunday.
    It would be very easy to announce it in the restricted areas of the forum and not post anything on the website. Personally, I like what MWR have done, no free access to non members, you have to sign up just to get in and view.

Check out this latest listing, Eddie even gets a mention in it:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/265525973...cAAOSwZClh5ISo

Either a member or someone taking advantage of free viewing access without joining up - maybe MWR have a point.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    It would be very easy to announce it in the restricted areas of the forum and not post anything on the website.
    Announcement of opening limited to forum members would not necessarily need to be kept secret. This is a good thing as it would never stay secret even if it was meant to be.

Instead it should be possible (perhaps with Shopify addons) to add a field to timefactors.com customer accounts on Shopify that flag that the person is a forum user. That way it might be possible to limit shop logins on putative forum-only days only to accounts proven to be linked with forum accounts.

That said...

(1) This would of course reduce competition for high demand items to some extent but how much? I am willing to bet that there'd still be an unholy scrum for very high demand items that would leave some people without a watch and just as unhappy and dissatisfied as they might be at present!

(2) Is there a moral argument for giving forum members special buying privilege? I am not personally convinced at present. Being a forum member is not the same as being a paying customer of Time Factors. As I have noted, forum members are not currently specially held back by the current system so why should they get special privilege? Perhaps if it was limited to those with Grand Master status on the forum then I'd like it. :-)

(3) This would require some additional configuration work on Shopify. I'm sure it could be done somehow but I don't know if membership groups (with differential access) is a built in feature in Shopify or would require a (perhaps pay-for) addin on Shopify. Is it worth it from Eddie's perspective? Only Eddie can decide.

(4) It would also require ongoing admin, possibly a bit fiddly. E.g. Perhaps needing Eddie or the software to send an auth code to a user's Shopify email which the user would then need to PM to Eddie on TZ-UK to prove that they are the same person. Eddie would then need to set the 'TZ-UK member' flag on the person's Shopify account. Again, would it be worth the hassle to Eddie? It could be automated but this would perhaps require further coding or configuration hassle and time and money.

May I suggest that anyone who is strongly in favour of this model actually does the research needed: What does Shopify allow built in, what Shopify addons might be needed, what ongoing admin would be needed, what costs would be associated with it all, and create a plan that details what would be needed to implement it.

What I have seen and actively participated in is buying a watch when an authorisation code was allocated in advance.

In this example, members of a FB watch group were able to buy a limited edition watch by applying to one of the admins for an authorisation code. The watch manufacturers website just listed the watch as normal, but you couldn’t complete the transaction without the code.

These systems already exist and are used regularly.

Blog Entries
    What I have seen and actively participated in is buying a watch when an authorisation code was allocated in advance.

In this example, members of a FB watch group were able to buy a limited edition watch by applying to one of the admins for an authorisation code. The watch manufacturers website just listed the watch as normal, but you couldn’t complete the transaction without the code.

These systems already exist and are used regularly.
    Yes, sure. As I said before, I'm sure it could be done somehow. But however it is done it will require ongoing admin, it will still need configuration, it will need workflow design.

I obviously do not speak for Eddie but it seems to me that if you want him to maybe change what he is currently doing to suit your preferences that you do the research necessary to find out (a) what Shopify allows built in, (b) what Shopify addons might be needed, (c) what ongoing admin would be needed, (d) what costs would be associated with it all, and then create a plan that details what would be needed to implement it.

We agree that it is possible to do and that people do similar. But that doesn't mean that implementing it is free of time, or money, or hassle. Someone needs to design the workflow and implementation. It's your idea so perhaps that person should be you.

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    We agree that it is possible to do and that people do similar. But that doesn't mean that implementing it is free of time, or money, or hassle. Someone needs to design the workflow and implementation. It's your idea so perhaps that person should be you.
    Far easier just to click on ‘buy it now’ - it’s only money

Blog Entries
    Far easier just to click on ‘buy it now’ - it’s only money
    That's absolutely fine, as far as I can see.

But if you're willing to do that, it does seem unnecessary to carry on complaining that Eddie's sales model is not to your liking. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    That's absolutely fine, as far as I can see.

But if you're willing to do that, it does seem unnecessary to carry on complaining that Eddie's sales model is not to your liking. :-)
    Agreed. I am unhappy that despite 5 or 6 attempts that I cannot buy one at list price, but at least I’m proactive enough to get off my backside and do something about it. Wearing my Jubilee as I type.

I will end my grumbles here

Quote Originally Posted by pete-r View Post
    Looks good but I would always prefer the 369 indices pushed further out like on the Commando.
    I also like them pushed out on the commando but only on the satin black dial. I found on the brown dial it didn’t feel as noticeable.

Journeyman
    Love the idea of a fancy dial. Having just bought my first 36mm Everest I am wondering
    1. Can I cop with the smaller size
    2. If I can why will I ever need to buy another watch.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Patina lume looks great also noticed from the pics that the crown looks a little thinner that the current Everest crown which to me, suits the case shape/size so much better.

Quote Originally Posted by mercurio View Post
    Love the idea of a fancy dial.....
    Not only a fancy dial, the choice of material of this watch is also pretty special (although not for TF) .... 100% Unobtanium.

/

I’d like to see this with the creamy lume as on the right. Bit of a departure from the satin black prs-25 too.

Prototypes ordered.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Craftsman
    I couldn't agree more.
    I also have a small collection of TF watches and fought for weeks to buy a Dreadnought Polar but after a number of attempts to buy the Everest Jubilee I've now given up. I've better things to do in life than sit at a computer at 2pm on a Sunday only to be disappointed again.

Quote Originally Posted by barreti View Post
    ……. but after a number of attempts to buy the Everest Jubilee I've now given up. I've better things to do in life than sit at a computer at 2pm on a Sunday only to be disappointed again.
    Getting there myself. The biweekly frenzy bearing no fruit and souring my mood eats at the joy of the hobby. If a hobby becomes a frustration, you know it’s time.
    I will continue to try and score a Silver Jubilee. If unsuccessful by the time these are sold out, I will purge the “Eddie’s” (Speedbird, Baby Dreadnaught) from my collection

Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    Prototypes ordered.

Eddie
    Great stuff, looking forward to seeing them and eventually maybe picking one up.

Craftsman
    Plain Polar White dial in 36mm is the one I am waiting for ... (pretty please!)

OMG yes I will be in queue for this. (The one to the right for me.)

Eddie

I'm all in for the cream lume. But the new minute track chamfer plus the milky ring of the crystal means a lot of concentric circles for such a small dial. Not for me.

Apprentice
    Looking forward to see actual pics of the new dial!

Apprentice

Cream patina and that waffle dial...

Eddie
    I have PRS-25 black, but that cream patina and that waffle dial... and if a crown could be bigger and stand off the case as original, that would be a dream. Love all this : )

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexGate View Post
    I have PRS-25 black, but that cream patina and that waffle dial... and if a crown could be bigger and stand off the case as original, that would be a dream. Love all this : )
    I agree and mentioned this earlier in the thread....the Crown diameter could be increased whilst reducing the overall thickness not only would this look great on this model but on all of the Everest line in my opinion. This current Everest model Crown is a little too small & little too thick and is more in keeping with the Hamilton Field style I feel.

Prototype.

Eddie

Blog Entries
    Very very nice, the best looking Everest for me, even better than the Jubilee imho.
    Got a new watch, divers watch it is, had to drown the bastard to get it!

If the colour rendition in the photo is accurate then I'm afraid I have to say that I don't like the shade of the lume.

Quote Originally Posted by TF23 View Post
    If the colour rendition in the photo is accurate then I'm afraid I have to say that I don't like the shade of the lume.
    The lume in the picture is Superluminove "Old Radium", I've changed it to Superluminova "Light Vintage".

Eddie

Craftsman
    Lovely! In white dial?

Journeyman
    That looks lovely. Might have to pick one up to join my jubilee.

White dial would be good also.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What’s the general timeline when this will be up for sale? I’m guessing next year with the current pipeline, but definitely going to get one.

Todays Timefactors newsletter makes it sound like the honeycomb dial and other Everest variants will be available this January or soon after. Very exciting!

Just saw that! I couldn’t agree more. I’m definitely in for the Honeycomb!

Quote Originally Posted by williemays View Post
    Todays Timefactors newsletter makes it sound like the honeycomb dial and other Everest variants will be available this January or soon after. Very exciting!

Not for me.

Saw an AP today and thought it looked dated and awful.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by williemays View Post
    I saw that and notice that the gilt version isn’t mentioned “ The Everest range will be available from January with the Black Dial, White Dial, Expedition, Commando and new Honeycomb dial variants being available at separate openings.”

Does this means there won’t be Everest gilt versions for sale in January?