closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Grand Seiko shooting for the stars

Grand Seiko shooting for the stars

New 'Orbit' models released.

I love the dials along with the traditional GS indices and hands - but not the prices!

New cases look great. I much prefer the old style handset and hour markers to the new styles on the White Birch etc.

https://grandseikogs9club.com/chroni...ga013-slgh009/

https://www.seikoboutique.co.uk/prod...rsary-slgh009/

https://www.seikoboutique.co.uk/prod...rsary-slga013/
    Last edited by Rocket Man; 27th January 2022 at 15:26.

Master
    Blog Entries
    love them. 550 worldwide, 200 just for japan, so 350 for the rest of the world, likely over half to the US. not many so if you want one id suggest you be quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Kash View Post
    love them. 550 worldwide, 200 just for japan, so 350 for the rest of the world, likely over half to the US. not many so if you want one id suggest you be quick.
    I expect you are right but they are out of reach for me unfortunately.

Master
    They're really undermining their own credibility yet again with these, imo.

The reasons are twofold:

1. They're re-using the exact same dials from previously ultra-limited models SLGH007 & SLGA008. If I were an owner of one of those two - at the price point they are - I'd be seriously pissed off right now.

2. They're treating their owner & collector base like fools with their ridiculously shape-shifting back stories.

SLGA007 'Annual Rings': Its ‘annual rings’ design is inspired by the interior of a tree – which adds another ring as another year goes by. Commemorating 140 years since Mr Hattori opened his watch and clock repair shop in Tokyo, the rings represent the brand’s constant themes of craftsmanship, innovative design and passion for watchmaking.

SLGA013: Exact. Same. Dial. But wait - it's been rotated by 30 degrees. And now, it's a dial 'inspired by the stars': The dial has a depth and a texture that attract the eye and take the imagination upwards towards the sky at night. The deeply etched pattern is that of the elliptical orbit of the stars as they move across the heavens and it captures the serene passage of celestial time with its flowing, unbroken lines.

It's the reason I backed off from picking up one of the recent Lake Suwa Limited Edition models which are stunning and sold out fairly rapidly worldwide. I fully expect that in 6 months time they'll release a near-identical non-LE model using the same dial..
    Last edited by gcleminson; 27th January 2022 at 15:42.

They are absolutely....average.

Quote Originally Posted by gcleminson View Post
    They're really undermining their own credibility yet again with these, imo.

The reasons are twofold:

1. They're re-using the exact same dials from previously ultra-limited models SLGH007 & SLGA008. If I were an owner of one of those two - at the price point they are - I'd be seriously pissed off right now.

2. They're treating their owner & collector base like fools with their ridiculously shape-shifting back stories.
    I did not notice that! Seems a bit naughty....

Lucky for me I don't like textured dials, but I could deffo get on board with a 9F quartz version with plain dial if it looked like this…

That's a beauty!

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    Lucky for me I don't like textured dials, but I could deffo get on board with a 9F quartz version with plain dial if it looked like this…