closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tudor Black Bay Chrono wait list

Craftsman

Tudor Black Bay Chrono wait list

Received below email from local Goldsmiths

‘You are currently on our waiting list for the Tudor Chrono with the white dial, we have been notified by Tudor that stock is going to be very limited and we don't expect to receive any stock until at least July/August.

In the meantime, if there are any other watches that you may be interested in, please let me know.’

Put my name down around June 2021 and I have purchase history. I’m interested to know what people’s wait time experiences have been so far? Anyone get one this year?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    I had my name down at launch for a white dial back in April, I think. They were told they would receive 6 of each colour by Christmas. I am still waiting and they don't seem to respond to emails or phone calls, which is annoying me no end!
    I did get offered a black dial in September but turned it down.
    So it seems there is a supply issue, I am sure we have heard that somewhere before!

Edit:

Apparently they didn't receive the allocation of 12 they received 3. Tudor are having issues keeping up with demand, specifically manufacturing movement parts. No indication of when more watches are being delivered. This was the conversation I had this afternoon with the local AD.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    Last edited by noidea; 26th January 2022 at 19:45.

Craftsman
    Not specific to this model but there seems to be a genuine supply delay in many brands. Even some of the non-hype models have a bit of a delay. On a FB forum, there is a discussion about a particular model which would normally sell for below retail is supposedly selling well for above now. I, of course cannot verify and also this is in the US. My understanding is that the model is available at retail or below if customers are happy to wait some months.

BW,
    Chi Kai

Master
    I went into the local Goldsmiths to me and they said that had received very few chronographs in. I have been interested in the white one too, but think it will be a while before they sort out their supply issues.

Journeyman
    Put my name down 9am the day it was announced with local goldsmiths. They had a black one in very quick which I tried on my wrist on one of my many 'reminder' visits into them. Got the call for a white dial about 2 months after. They have only ever received one white dial from Tudor (mine) and not a single one since.

I've seen Black Dial in AD windows but never the white.

I think it is a beautiful watch but don’t expect the demand to sustain. Am hoping just like BB GMT and others, supply will catch up and I will happily wait till then. In the mean time, am happy that Tudor’s long game is paying off. They have been consistently coming out with models which have found fair bit of acceptance. Something many had been doubting about till 4-5 years ago.
    Last edited by RAJEN; 28th January 2022 at 09:22.

I was able to pick up both, the Panda and Reverse Panda very easily.
    I wasn't able to keep the Panda unfortunately due to a crisis at the time.

I got a black dial one the week it was released. I passed by my usual AD that morning and it was in the window display so i went in and asked if it was for sale which it was. At the time I had no intention of getting one but it did look rather nice so I pulled the trigger.

Didn't keep it very long though as I couldn't get a good fit with bracelet. It was either too tight or too loose. Wearing it too tight was a big no no and as the watch is quite big and heavy wearing it too loose felt uncomfortable. In the end I p/x'd with Watchfinder for another watch.

My friend had his name down for a white one for many months but cancelled it a couple of weeks ago as he lost interest in it. He said he'll get one in the future when the hype dies down.

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Is scarcity a genuine supply side issue, caused by high demand, or artificial? I don’t know but I do know that ADs are using it as a sales technique having been earnestly told of a 7-8 month wait on a particular piece as if this was a good thing. Plenty of great watches available immediately or within a couple of weeks that aren’t trending on social media.

Quote Originally Posted by Watchmanuk4 View Post
    Is scarcity a genuine supply side issue, caused by high demand, or artificial? I don’t know but I do know that ADs are using it as a sales technique having been earnestly told of a 7-8 month wait on a particular piece as if this was a good thing. Plenty of great watches available immediately or within a couple of weeks that aren’t trending on social media.
    It's purely artifical, they have no problem churning out the models nobody wants and filling every AD shop window and website across the country.

Thay are now playing the same game as rolex. Vaguely acknowledging the supply issue but unwilling to act in any way to resolve it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DamianM View Post
    It's purely artifical, they have no problem churning out the models nobody wants and filling every AD shop window and website across the country.

Thay are now playing the same game as rolex. Vaguely acknowledging the supply issue but unwilling to act in any way to resolve it.
    I've been on the waiting list (sorry, EoI) for an FXD for a couple of months at WoS. I was told that it would be a matter of "a few weeks" by a senior member of staff whose opinion I respect & who (admittedly 2 years ago) was able to source me a 126660 James Cameron in 5 weeks. At the weekend I was chatting to a lady in Goldsmiths at Lakeside about the search for an FXD - she said they routinely tell prospective buyers they're looking at "around 6 months" in order to manage their expectations, hopefully the piece will come in before then & the punter is, naturally, delighted that his good friends at Goldsmiths have moved heaven & earth to get him his dream piece.
    Obviously I hope my man at WoS is right but WoS & Goldsmiths are both in the same group so the 2 staff members can't both be right, or can they?
    This hobby is infuriating at times, GRRR...

SydR
    I was lucky to pick up a preowned white dial variant, in excellent condition, for under retail price in July of this year.

Great watch. Not surprised it’s providing popular.

Am I alone in absolutely refusing to ever go on a waiting list for a watch? Actually I don’t remember the last time I went on a waiting list for anything. But I find the whole pantomime of speaking to my AD - (whatever that means - it’s a watch shop for heavens sake) genuinely annoying. Most watches are already massively over-priced, and then the shop strings you along with some sort of special list you can join - I’ll just wait until I see one in the window in a few years thanks, and if I don’t I’ll buy something else. In short I find their games rude and condescending, not at all exclusive or impressive. I’ll spend my money on something else thanks very much!

The white dial Tudor Chrono supply is artificially restricted by Tudor as they would like their own Daytona.

As with all Tudors, supply will eventually catch up with demand.

I've collected a white on leather today after going on "the list" at launch. I was actually recently starting to look at other watches to buy in its place but nothing caught my eye. Really nice watch and a definite long term keeper.

I may have missed a couple of calls for one of these from a local dealer, never left a message and after the second missed call I realised it was our local dealer, about 6 months ago I put my name down on the list for a white one. I'm not too sure whether to ring them back now as my thirst for one of these has lessened over the last couple of months and the way the world is now would I enjoy forking out £4k on a watch any more.

Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    Am I alone in absolutely refusing to ever go on a waiting list for a watch? Actually I don’t remember the last time I went on a waiting list for anything. But I find the whole pantomime of speaking to my AD - (whatever that means - it’s a watch shop for heavens sake) genuinely annoying. Most watches are already massively over-priced, and then the shop strings you along with some sort of special list you can join - I’ll just wait until I see one in the window in a few years thanks, and if I don’t I’ll buy something else. In short I find their games rude and condescending, not at all exclusive or impressive. I’ll spend my money on something else thanks very much!

100%

Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post

Absolutely my position as well. The benefit of this is that I’ve ended up with 3 watches that I wouldn’t have normally considered, all of them fortunately well below RRP.

The downside is that I’ve now got a list of watches I’d like to try much longer than before.