closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: An exceptional example of what customer service should be like.

Blog Entries

An exceptional example of what customer service should be like.

So, when Ryan posted his ZRC Grand Fonds for sale try as I might the outcome was all but inevitable. I have liked these watches since I first saw one on here, when Ryan said he had bought one I hoped that the usual purchase flip cycle might occur - and it did. The watch didn’t disappoint build quality and finish are awesome, this is just as well as my Squale Drass Galeazzi made way to part fund.
    The only minor downside was the fact that the hex bolts that ZRC use are, what they call, V2 and are triangle shaped. This leads to the purpose of this post, the only place to purchase the required toolkit to change straps is from ZRC themselves (surprise surprise). Not cheap at 159 CHF but the price included express FedEx postage, so yesterday afternoon I bit the bullet and ordered.
    This morning at 09:30 there was a knock on the door and the FedEx man was stood there with a package, in the package was my tool kit. I was absolutely staggered, the tool kit was ordered from Switzerland yesterday afternoon and with me first thing this morning, amazing service.
    Additionally the kit is in a leather case with alcantara lining and all items are Bergeron, so absolutely top quality.
    Some of the bigger brands could learn a huge amount from these smaller brands.
    I have attached a couple of pictures of the watch for no other reason than the fact that I can.
    James
    Gratuitous lume shot - which as you can see is outstanding.

Now residing on a 24mm Kodiak Grey Shark skin strap.

Looks great James - I was so tempted when it appeared on SC....
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

That looks fantastic.

IME, many smaller companies are more agile and respond more promptly.

I was also seriously tempted by this
    I have wanted one for a couple of years now but can’t be bu99er with the import faff
    Every time Ryan has put one up for sale I have hesitated for too long
    Maybe one day.
    It’s great customer service from ZRC. Something sadly lacking from many companies these days
    Last edited by Sinnlover; 26th January 2022 at 13:47.

I assume from the OP that ZRC don't supply the requisite tool(s) with the watch when new & customers have to make an additional purchase to obtain them?
    ______

​Jim.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jwg663 View Post
    I assume from the OP that ZRC don't supply the requisite tool(s) with the watch when new & customers have to make an additional purchase to obtain them?
    That is correct, but then neither do a lot of brands. The tools are not a necessary part of the ownership experience, unless you are a strap tart - like me.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    I was also seriously tempted by this
    I have wanted one for a couple of years now but can’t be bu99er led with the import faff
    Every time ryan has put one up for sale I have hesitated for too long
    Maybe one day.
    It’s great customer service from ZRC. Something sadly lacking from many companies these days
    I have to be honest I really didn’t hang about with this one, I would have been gutted if I’d missed it. They really are a great piece of kit, even at full retail.
    I suspected that there would be several people considering pulling the trigger on this one.

Master
    That looks amazing - you must be chuffed! I had a similar experience with Formex - I received a watch from them the Monday before xmas, that needed repair. It was sent back to them (in Switzerland) on the Tuesday, repaired and back on my wrist working perfectly on the Friday (Xmas eve!) You have to ask yourself, if the little guys can do it, why do the big boys do all they can to alienate their customers?

That is great service and is always heat warming to hear about these.
    Nice watch,BTW. Reminds me I should wear mine more often.

Could it be that small brands do the customer service in-house themself and large companies outsource it to goons.

Seems the credit goes to FedEx.

Or maybe not, as presumably you were due next day delivery given the ‘express postage’ you paid for.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by M1011 View Post
    Seems the credit goes to FedEx.

Or maybe not, as presumably you were due next day delivery given the ‘express postage’ you paid for.
    Postage is included in the price, so certainly didn’t expect next day delivery. ZRC turned around my order, and physically shipped it in less than one hour. Whilst FedEx were responsible for shipping, companies like Omega (from personal experience) take 6 weeks or so if stock is required from Switzerland.
    As someone above said, when it’s companies that do not outsource supply they seem to care a little more.

I am very glad this is still on the forum, well bought OP.
    You have also answered one of my queries, I guess it is clear that their vintage lume is epicly bright.
    Great service.
    D

Master
    A small company with a selective recruitment process can put together a great team more easily. Big companies are lumbering creatures in a mire of bureaucracy, typically with a fair smattering of unmotivated, bitter employees or dead weight.

Seldom get great prompt service from the big boys.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using TZ-UK mobile app