closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Calibre11 closing

Calibre11 closing

Dear Friends,

Today marks the first of TAG Heuer’s model launches for 2022, but for the first time since 2009, it’s a launch that we won’t be covering, because we have some sad news: the end of this website, Calibre 11.

Your first question might be why? As always in cases like these, it’s a long story…

… at the end of February 2022, Calibre11.com, our Instagram and twitter accounts will be deleted
    More at https://www.calibre11.com/51188-2/

Shame as it was/is a great resource

TT

I saw via another site, but it seems to have run its course. I hope the great content is saved somewhere and not deleted forever.

Shame indeed, hope some of the content reappears somehow at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    Definitely a loss to the community - an incredible resource, and disappointing he’s chosen to remove all the content, as it’s an incredibly useful library of work. From his post I got the feeling that the relationship with Tag may have soured having changed their online/ social media strategy.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Strange.

It seems like he’s seen his arse and deleting his content in a fit of pique, thus spoiling other peoples opportunity to read it on the future.

Might not be the case but that’s how it comes across….

Isn’t he a member on here?
    Last edited by RJM25R; 25th January 2022 at 15:28.

Quote Originally Posted by RJM25R View Post
    Strange.

It seems like he’s seen his arse and deleting his content in a fit of pique, thus spoiling other peoples opportunity to read it on the future.

Might not be the case but that’s how it comes across….

Isn’t he a member on here?
    If you read the comments, he's hinting that they're looking at options to keep hosting the historical stuff

Master
    Agreed with the above, excellent resource.
    But you can access it all for free, which while great for us readers, doesn’t pay the rent !

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ed335d View Post
    If you read the comments, he's hinting that they're looking at options to keep hosting the historical stuff
    His comment doesn’t fill me with confidence.

“Yes, I thought about just leaving the site online and dormant, but I can’t get my head around leaving a decaying, moribund website/ social presence. But I do think that we’ll find a way to keep at least some of the key content online- stay tuned.”

We’ll see

I'm totally gutted to hear this.. a website so popular, I bet they have plenty of traffic, there must be a way to keep it running..? Ads, perhaps? Teaming up with someone else? Selling it to someone? I admit I have no idea about the costs of running a website, but there surely must be a way..
    Also on a personal note, David (Calibre11 owner) approached me years back to use the pictures from my eBay listing of a very special Tag Heuer 6000 series McLaren F1 watch, so I've been so proud about my contribution of playing a small part in documenting Heuer history.
    I really hope they can at least find a way to archive all that knowledge they've gathered during all these years.
    As for Tag Heuer turning off the funding taps - absolutely speechless, I'm convinced they're shooting themselves in the foot by doing this. This has been a great way of marketing their brand, documenting a brand's history (one they can be proud of!) is one of the best ways of increasing their fan base, i firmly believe. I've been a long time fan, but now.. idiots.

Craftsman
    I've made a backup of the site (as of yesterday, minus the forum).
    I can share if the site ultimately disappears.

Master
    That's a shame, David gave me some helpful (free) advice on a Heuer I once owned.