closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 151 to 200 of 205

Thread: F1 - 2022

  1. #151
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    North West
    Posts
    1,258
    Quote Originally Posted by drmarkf View Post
    For sure, but on the whole I’d rather still have Romain Grosjean, Lewis Hamilton and several others around still and put up with it 
    Of course a very valid point and I accept the reason for it, however I find it off putting all the same.

  2. #152
    Master blackal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Scottish Borders
    Posts
    6,143
    Just watched the formula-regional-european-championship race at Monaco.

    I think they are 290bhp, and laptimes of around 1:30.

    Barring any change to the track in the interim - that compares to the F1 times of 1969? I would expect them to equal cars of a later year - even though they had over 400bhp.

    Have to say - great racing, and probably more appropriate to the Monaco circuit (along with historic F-1) than the current regulation.

  3. #153
    Interesting that Monaco's special contract terms (perhaps ending this year…) allow it to manage its paddock club, control the TV feed and erect its own advertising.

    The last point accounting for the “TAG Heuer Official Watch Monaco GP” bridge banners and TAG Heuer trackside advertising, incongruously alongside the “official F1 sponsor” Rolex adverts…

  4. #154
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    North West
    Posts
    1,258
    The weather for the start of this Monaco GP is going to make this really interesting.

    Edit: Some strange decisions being made by the race director never seen anything like this.
    Last edited by tango; 29th May 2022 at 14:07.

  5. #155
    Journeyman Adge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    London
    Posts
    202
    Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    The weather for the start of this Monaco GP is going to make this really interesting.

    Edit: Some strange decisions being made by the race director never seen anything like this.
    At least it's coming down harder now so it looks like Race Control didn't make too big of a mistake.. we shall see

  6. #156
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Riyadh, KSA
    Posts
    5,473
    Pretty much giving initiative to LeClerc starting behind safety car.


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

  7. #157
    Journeyman Adge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    London
    Posts
    202
    But a wet Monaco GP is always exciting! Pit strategy will probably determine the winner today

  8. #158
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    North West
    Posts
    1,258
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzler View Post
    Pretty much giving initiative to LeClerc starting behind safety car.


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    I find it all very strange and confusing.

  9. #159
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Felixstowe, UK
    Posts
    1,248
    F1 proving itself to be an utter shambles once again


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

  10. #160
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    UK, Maldives, Singapore
    Posts
    779
    Quote Originally Posted by lughugger View Post
    F1 proving itself to be an utter shambles once again


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    You'd think this was a junior race


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #161
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    North West
    Posts
    1,258
    Quote Originally Posted by lughugger View Post
    F1 proving itself to be an utter shambles once again


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Bizarre and not seen so much confusion like this before.

  12. #162
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Riyadh, KSA
    Posts
    5,473
    What is the point of Latifi except to add randomness.


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

  13. #163
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    North West
    Posts
    1,258
    Wow never nice seeing a car break in two!

    Thankfully they’re all well.

  14. #164
    Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Cambridge, UK
    Posts
    1,634
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzler View Post
    What is the point of Latifi except to add randomness.
    🤣

  15. #165
    Journeyman Adge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    London
    Posts
    202
    First images of Leclerc running to talk to his pit wall about how he got screwed in strategy during the red flag

  16. #166
    Master blackal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Scottish Borders
    Posts
    6,143
    Quote Originally Posted by Adge View Post
    First images of Leclerc running to talk to his pit wall about how he got screwed in strategy during the red flag
    I don't understand..................

  17. #167
    What’s the rule for cutting the line on pit exit? Verstappen got awfully close to it.

  18. #168
    Grand Master Andyg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wiltshire
    Posts
    24,901
    Quote Originally Posted by lughugger View Post
    F1 proving itself to be an utter shambles once again


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    👍

    Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche


  19. #169
    Grand Master Andyg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wiltshire
    Posts
    24,901
    Schumy Jr, once again trying to drive beyond his talent. I hate to think how much a brand new Haas costs, but well north of £1m. He was very lucky not to be seriously hurt.

    Typical boring race, the result decided by pit strategies with no overtaking on track. Even Q3 was a screw up.

    Given the cost cap, the FIA need to have this purely as an optional exhibition race, or stop it completely. If I was a team boss who drivers qualified outside the top 12 I wouldn’t bother to race in order to simply burn money.

    Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche


  20. #170
    Master reggie747's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    The Mersey Riviera
    Posts
    6,163
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post

    If I was a team boss who drivers qualified outside the top 12 I wouldn’t bother to race in order to simply burn money.
    I'm very glad you're not also. Tell that to Olivier Panis and Ligier. Dope.

  21. #171
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    UK, Maldives, Singapore
    Posts
    779
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Lee View Post
    What’s the rule for cutting the line on pit exit? Verstappen got awfully close to it.
    If you are not RB a penalty.
    If you are max, the fia look the other way.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  22. #172
    Grand Master Andyg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wiltshire
    Posts
    24,901
    Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    I'm very glad you're not also. Tell that to Olivier Panis and Ligier. Dope.
    Oh yes, let’s talk about a race that occurred 26 years ago, because that really relevant. Especially a race which saw only 3 car actually make it to the finish line.

    I suppose in your world, nothing has changed in 26 years.

    Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche


  23. #173
    Grand Master Saint-Just's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Ashford, Kent
    Posts
    26,459
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post
    Oh yes, let’s talk about a race that occurred 26 years ago, because that really relevant. Especially a race which saw only 3 car actually make it to the finish line.

    I suppose in your world, nothing has changed in 26 years.
    The point of your post that prompted the response was highlighting that you ignored the fact that team managers cannot afford not to start. It would burn them more money.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

  24. #174
    Master reggie747's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    The Mersey Riviera
    Posts
    6,163
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post
    Oh yes, let’s talk about a race that occurred 26 years ago, because that really relevant. Especially a race which saw only 3 car actually make it to the finish line.

    I suppose in your world, nothing has changed in 26 years.
    Well you started it with your daft comment. If it wasn't for races that occurred years ago, there would be no racing history therefore no former champions and consequently no point whatsoever in entertaining a World Championship.
    I get that your man Sir Louise isn't knocking spots off anything at all this season but given your commentary, it won't matter historically because there won't be the need to quote things from the past so we'll not know just how "not great" old Louise is not actually getting on this year I guess ? 🤔
    As you were ......

  25. #175
    Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    Well you started it with your daft comment. If it wasn't for races that occurred years ago, there would be no racing history therefore no former champions and consequently no point whatsoever in entertaining a World Championship.
    I get that your man Sir Louise isn't knocking spots off anything at all this season but given your commentary, it won't matter historically because there won't be the need to quote things from the past so we'll not know just how "not great" old Louise is not actually getting on this year I guess ? 樂
    As you were ......
    I'd didn't understand a word of that. I guess by Louise you mean Lewis, very clever
    Last edited by watchcollector1; 2nd June 2022 at 23:27.

  26. #176
    Grand Master Saint-Just's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Ashford, Kent
    Posts
    26,459
    Quote Originally Posted by watchcollector1 View Post
    I'd didn't understand a word of that. I guess by Lousie you mean Lewis, very clever
    Amusing the way you read it as opposed to how it was written.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

  27. #177
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    Amusing the way you read it as opposed to how it was written.
    That wasn't how I read it, just a simple typo on my part.

  28. #178
    Grand Master Saint-Just's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Ashford, Kent
    Posts
    26,459
    Quote Originally Posted by watchcollector1 View Post
    That wasn't how I read it, just a simple typo on my part.
    In which case the «*lousy*» disappears.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

  29. #179
    Grand Master Andyg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wiltshire
    Posts
    24,901
    Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    The point of your post that prompted the response was highlighting that you ignored the fact that team managers cannot afford not to start. It would burn them more money.
    Not sure how you figure that. The teams actually pay the FIA 6k Euro/car to race. They also have to pay for travel, Labour, expenses, hospitality plus the cost of the parts, engines, etc. Remember the spend cap.

    They might have to refund sponsors for not showing up at one event, but I imagine they would be a lot better off. The only question would be whether the FIA would impose a fine for not showing up - thus making themselves even more popular with teams/fans.

    Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche


  30. #180
    Master reggie747's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    The Mersey Riviera
    Posts
    6,163
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post
    If I was a team boss who drivers qualified outside the top 12 I wouldn’t bother to race in order to simply burn money.
    If you'll just admit that this was a nonsensical and stupid comment from you, we can put this right to bed and move on....

  31. #181
    Grand Master Andyg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wiltshire
    Posts
    24,901
    Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    If you'll just admit that this was a nonsensical and stupid comment from you, we can put this right to bed and move on....
    Makes perfect sense to me, but if you don’t agree, then fair enough.

    But do yourself a favour and check out the Austin GP 2005 when two teams didn’t race.

    Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche


  32. #182
    Grand Master Andyg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Wiltshire
    Posts
    24,901
    Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    If you'll just admit that this was a nonsensical and stupid comment from you, we can put this right to bed and move on....

    Lolz, you want me to admit my comment was nonsensical. Priceless. Firstly the team are not contractually obliged to race. Prize money is given out at the end of year based upon points won, NOT the number of starts. Races do not have to have all 20 cars on the grid in order to take place. Austin 2005 springs to mind. Also in the event of a teams/driver receiving a penalty they would be forced to miss a race. All this before a team deciding to withdraw there cars/drivers before the race. LeClerc at Monaco 2021 springs to mind. So the only nonsensical element of my comment is the fact you cannot get your head around basic facts.

    Hence if a team felt the cost/benefit of racing, worked against them, they why not pull out of a race, especially one which is a simply a parade around Monte Carlo.

    Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche


  33. #183
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Het Brabantse Land
    Posts
    526
    Not much attention for F1 here....
    How come?

  34. #184
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    North West
    Posts
    1,258
    I am watching qualifying, Verstappen is well ahead of the rest truly shows his class in wet. Russell again looking competent as he has done all season. Shame Leclerc will be starting at the back.

  35. #185
    Master thieuster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    GMT+1
    Posts
    9,453
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    I am watching qualifying, Verstappen is well ahead of the rest truly shows his class in wet. Russell again looking competent as he has done all season. Shame Leclerc will be starting at the back.
    Alonso still has it!

  36. #186
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    North West
    Posts
    1,258
    Quote Originally Posted by thieuster View Post
    Alonso still has it!
    Evidently so, would love to see him get a podium finish tonight.

  37. #187
    Master Dangermouse64's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Scunthorpe
    Posts
    1,665
    I reckon Hamilton will nick a podium today, I would rather it be Russell though, but lets just see how things pan out

  38. #188
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    North West
    Posts
    1,258
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse64 View Post
    I reckon Hamilton will nick a podium today, I would rather it be Russell though, but lets just see how things pan out
    Would be good for him but I think it's just one of those seasons for him this year sadly.

  39. #189
    Master thieuster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    GMT+1
    Posts
    9,453
    Blog Entries
    1
    Close final 15 rounds! Great racing.

  40. #190
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    North West
    Posts
    1,258
    Quote Originally Posted by Dangermouse64 View Post
    I reckon Hamilton will nick a podium today, I would rather it be Russell though, but lets just see how things pan out
    Well predicted. Good end, would have been nice if Sainz could have made the move to win, but credit to Seb.

  41. #191
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Het Brabantse Land
    Posts
    526
    Poor Lewis.
    Losing the championship still hurts. Very unmature and cheap, his "swipe" to MV after the race yesterday.
    Is Lewis really that stupid? Does he really believes what he is saying? After all, he got the penalty last year, so who's fault was it?
    Very "clever" Sir Lewis.

  42. #192

    Question

    Quote Originally Posted by gortz View Post
    Poor Lewis.
    Losing the championship still hurts. Very unmature and cheap, his "swipe" to MV after the race yesterday.
    Is Lewis really that stupid? Does he really believes what he is saying? After all, he got the penalty last year, so who's fault was it?
    Very "clever" Sir Lewis.


    What are you referring to here??

  43. #193
    Journeyman Adge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Location
    London
    Posts
    202
    Quote Originally Posted by gortz View Post
    Poor Lewis.
    Losing the championship still hurts. Very unmature and cheap, his "swipe" to MV after the race yesterday.
    Is Lewis really that stupid? Does he really believes what he is saying? After all, he got the penalty last year, so who's fault was it?
    Very "clever" Sir Lewis.
    He plays the game just like everyone else, and just like every other F1 driver in history.... He never thinks he's at fault!

  44. #194
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    North West
    Posts
    1,258
    Quote Originally Posted by Adge View Post
    He plays the game just like everyone else, and just like every other F1 driver in history.... He never thinks he's at fault!
    Yes thats a widely displayed characteristic of all racing drivers.

  45. #195
    Quote Originally Posted by gortz View Post
    Poor Lewis.
    Losing the championship still hurts. Very unmature and cheap, his "swipe" to MV after the race yesterday.
    Is Lewis really that stupid? Does he really believes what he is saying? After all, he got the penalty last year, so who's fault was it?
    Very "clever" Sir Lewis.
    Just stating the facts. He's been pretty reserved given Max's appalling driving last year.

    It's funny how Max doesn't force everyone off the track anymore since the overtaking rules (that already applied to everyone else) were clarified this year.
    Last edited by watchcollector1; 5th July 2022 at 20:25.

  46. #196
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Het Brabantse Land
    Posts
    526
    Another masterclass of MV yesterday at Hungaroring. Second world title seems to be a certainty.

  47. #197
    Master
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Cambridge, UK
    Posts
    1,634
    Another masterclass in Spaghetti Strategy as well, with the recipe unfortunately also shared by McLaren...

    If Lewis hadn't had the wing issue it would probably have been a very entertaining battle with MV: George might have joined in if he'd also started on mediums.

  48. #198
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Italy/UK
    Posts
    176
    Nothing much wrong with the Ferrari car, but while strategy always has an element of risk, Ferrari keep getting it wrong. Hope the boss doesn't play poker. Glad Mercedes are back in with a shout. The more the better. What's behind Alonso going?

  49. #199
    Master reggie747's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    The Mersey Riviera
    Posts
    6,163
    Quote Originally Posted by EBB21 View Post
    What's behind Alonso going?
    TCFKAP my guess...?

    (The Currency Formerly Known As Pesetas)

  50. #200
    Master thieuster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    GMT+1
    Posts
    9,453
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by watchcollector1 View Post
    Just stating the facts. He's been pretty reserved given Max's appalling driving last year.

    It's funny how Max doesn't force everyone off the track anymore since the overtaking rules (that already applied to everyone else) were clarified this year.

    Close to the BP this one. I'm not reacting on this one here. Let's file this under 'P' of 'Perspective'.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information