closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: What Goalie gloves??

What Goalie gloves??

I seem to remember from another thread (which escapes me) that there were some goalkeeping experts on the forum so apologies for the new thread.
    Anyway, I coach an u11s team and our keeper, whilst talented and very reliable, does seem to attract more than his fair share of injuries. Broken and sprained fingers mainly, although he's current hurt with a badly bruised thumb which they're waiting to be diagnosed...

Anyway, he uses good quality gloves (I can't remember which make tbh) but are there any out there that provide a bit more protection? I remember Adidas having some technology to stop your fingers getting bent back but are there any other makes out there you'd recommend?

Fingersaves, they have a spine on the back of glove

Master
    OneGlove are pretty good.

He could try a pair with something in each finger but sometimes they can make your hand harder to flex/bend.

Some will have more protection on the backs of the fingers and thumb without something inside the glove.

Best bet is to try a few pairs and see what feels comfortable but that can be hard to do unless you have a shop nearby that stocks a variety. They’re too expensive to try and then not use!

Or buy a variety of styles in one go and send the others back.

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    I recommend something like these….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    I’m a GK coach, so might have been a thread about the football boots that I commented on having a GK school and a tie in with Kaliaaer gloves?
    Anyway, as mentioned above you can get finger save gloves which basically have plastic spines in them… but ultimately you can still easily injure a finger with those.

It ‘could’ be his handling technique needing some adjustments… a lot of young keepers try to snatch at the ball, and if your timing is slightly off then it results in staved fingers or worse. You want to minimise the work you are doing with your hands, and use the feet more to get the body behind the ball, rather than snatching the ball in to the body.

That would be one of the first things I’d be taking a look at.

Andy.

Yep, Fingersave was what I was thinking of.

Interesting thoughts about technique though. He is working with a keeping coach at the club so I'll mention it to his dad, see if it's something they can look at. No point trying to compensate for poor technique or positioning with different gloves - better to fix the problem at source.

Poor kid's got COVID now so won't be training at the weekend anyway!

Master
    Shame he has Covid.

Re his injuries - is he getting injured when he hits the ground or as previously suggested when he catches the ball?