closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: CW C8 Pilot - Opinions Please

Craftsman

CW C8 Pilot - Opinions Please

A 'non-watch' mate is looking at a second hand CW C8 pilot at the moment, it has the ETA 2824-2 movement.
    At 44mm it is a bit on the large size but he's a big guy so the size wouldn't be too out of place. The asking price
    is around £200, condition is hardly worn. I've no experience of the brand or watch, hence the post.

Any positive or negative comments would be welcome from C8 owners past and present, please.

Thanks for any input.

Terry

Master
    Had a few c8 Terry, overall the ETA versions keep good time, at 44mm and a 22mm strap they wear quite large despite the watch being thin
    Crown is a bit of a monster too
    Price is quite a bargain from the sounds of it, CW make a decent watch if people can get over the brand snobbery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    The asking price
    is around £200, condition is hardly worn.
    From what I've seen I think that's a good price for a CW.

CW is a marmitey brand. If your friend likes the look of the watch then in my humble opinion go for it.

(Apologies, I'm not a C8 owner past or present but it is a watch that I'd be willing to wear).

If he likes the look then it is a good watch at a good price.

Master
    Oh one last thing, do you know if it’s mk1 or mk2 version? It’s only because it’s worth noting the mk1 has ridiculously slim hands and can be a challenge to read especially on the white faced version

Craftsman
    Thanks for the inputs, it will give him some points to think about.

Terry

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Oh one last thing, do you know if it’s mk1 or mk2 version? It’s only because it’s worth noting the mk1 has ridiculously slim hands and can be a challenge to read especially on the white faced version

It's a MK 1 on a cream coloured dial by the looks of it.

Terry

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    It's a MK 1 on a cream coloured dial by the looks of it.

Terry
    That’s actually my favourite one of the bunch bar the limited edition Blackhawk I have which also has skinny hands, I know it’s something that bugs a lot of owners so thought it worth mentioning

Seems a good price, probably 80/100 under market value

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    CW make a decent watch if people can get over the brand snobbery
    I’m convinced the snobbishness is (has?) fading away. As CW was getting established, snootiness was to be expected. Initially, I was a Christopher Ward sceptic. But CW’s innovation and exceptional case finishing changed my mind, and I bet I’m not alone.

I also bet CW moves steadily upmarket. CW has the requisite quality control (no misaligned chapter rings!), innovation and finishing. In its hikes up the price range, Seiko could learn a thing or two from CW.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougal View Post
    I’m convinced the snobbishness is (has?) fading away. As CW was getting established, snootiness was to be expected. Initially, I was a Christopher Ward sceptic. But CW’s innovation and exceptional case finishing changed my mind, and I bet I’m not alone.

I also bet CW moves steadily upmarket. CW has the requisite quality control (no misaligned chapter rings!), innovation and finishing. In its hikes up the price range, Seiko could learn a thing or two from CW.
    The quality has always been there with the exception of some misaligned text and the odd wonky indices on early pieces, had loads over the years and never had an issue

Warranty is fantastic too