closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Iceland - car rental

Iceland - car rental

After some tips from anyone who has rented a car in Iceland?

We're going for a week in March and have been advised to go for a 4x4 due to the fact it's still classed as winter. We'll not be going on F-roads, but aiming to do quite a bit of sight seeing around the place (won't be going off the beaten path though).

I'm happy with the vehicle choice, but the rental companies are all pretty much slated/criticised. I think I find one, then read a horror story. I'm used to renting cars overseas so that's not an issue but am just after any tips of companies used? I see Blue Car rental get good feedback on tripadvisor and many recommend on youtube (but this could be promotion) but they are a good £200 more than some other quotes I've had.

Any other recommended companies?

Blog Entries
    A guy I know took his Ducato camper van to Iceland in December and spent Xmas there. He sent pics. At that time it already started to look grim. I would not go there without a 4x4. In fact, I don' think that a rental company will hand you the keys of anything less in that time of the winter.

Master
    Was there in November (and a five years ago too).

Blue appear to be one of the better retail companies. 4x4 useful although not necessary(if you don’t intend to go on F roads) as the two wheel drives will have winter tyres and possibly studs.

It doesn’t snow as much as you would think and the main roads are well cared for.

Bit of a guide here

https://epiciceland.net/how-to-choos...r-for-iceland/

Master
    I’d go 4x4, doesn’t have to be huge SUV but even on main roads you get large pot holes at that time of the year, the metal and wooden bridges can be very slippy ans car parks can be rough.

For small amount extra ans access to F roads it’s worth it.

Very jealous, lovely country. Stunningly beautiful country. If in Reykjavik JS Watches worth a visit to see the memorabilia and his client list. If you like Rolex the AD if worth a check as they are stay way down on visitor numbers.

Master
    Blue are good, I've rented from them in the past and would use them again.

Thanks. Looks like we’ll go for Blue then as they are the best reviewed. Just goes through me the price compared to others but would prefer we’ll recommended ones.

Looking forward to the trip and would prefer to be best prepared. Thanks for the info all.

Craftsman
    We went in a January and all I can say is go for a 4x4, and not a VW Polo like we did that’s for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk