closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Anyone used The Clock Gallery watchmaker in Ealing?

Anyone used The Clock Gallery watchmaker in Ealing?

Discovered this place yesterday:

Always nice to have a good watchmaker nearby but obviously I'd like to hear some testimonies from people who've used them before sending anything there.

Anyone used them?

The watchmaker's name is Dariusz Lewicki. He says he's been repairing and restoring clocks and watches for 41 years. Had some lovely old clocks in there.

Cheers

If memory serves he was involved in the construction of English Chronometer Company chronometers which have strong following on this forum.

As already intimated, Darius was the watchmaker who assembled and regulated/service the Marine Chronometers. I met him when viewing the watch prior to buying back in 2018 and he is a decent bloke who seems to know his stuff - both clocks and watches.
    Keith

He is one of my local watch makers (we are lucky in Ealing to have quite a few).
    His reputation is great and as has been said he built / put together the Offshore chronometers.

How long before the local youf steals the L from the advertising hoarding?

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    He is one of my local watch makers (we are lucky in Ealing to have quite a few).
    His reputation is great and as has been said he built / put together the Offshore chronometers.
    Brilliant news. We moved to Chiswick recently so still exploring the area. Out of interest which are the other watchmakers you like? I've got a few bits of work need doing so good to have local recommendations.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    How long before the local youf steals the L from the advertising hoarding?
    'Gal ery'?

Anyone used The Clock Gallery watchmaker in Ealing?

Quote Originally Posted by Onelasttime View Post
    'Gal ery'?
    Our local flower shop is called The Button Hole.

It didn’t take long before the local youf pinched the O and the N from the hoarding.

I am too old to condone that behaviour, but boy did it make me chuckle.

Quote Originally Posted by tobywatches View Post
    Brilliant news. We moved to Chiswick recently so still exploring the area. Out of interest which are the other watchmakers you like? I've got a few bits of work need doing so good to have local recommendations.

Cheers.
    In addition there is N Kay on South Ealing road - A really nice couple with a small jewellers, good for the basics, can’t really get part as he does not have accounts but simple services / battery replacement is his forte, he has replaced a few main springs, OEM crystals when I source them etc. for me in the past.

Oscars on Northfields Ave (above the pet shop). - approach with caution - I don’t like him YMMV.

There is also a guy on Mattock lane that is a dealer who also does higher end stuff (or has a someone to do it for him). - can’t remember his name.

FYI there is also a guy next to Goldhawk Road station Shepherd’s Bush who is also useful to know.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    Our local flower shop is called The Button Hole.

It didn’t take long before the local youf pinched the O and the N from the hoarding.

I am too old to condone that behaviour, but boy did it make me chuckle.
    I work close to that flower shop - they left the sign like that for ages.
    Maybe was good advertising as it got people talking?
    Never failed to make me chuckle.

I love it when someone blacks out a couple of teeth on the tube posters. Simple but effective