closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tudor Black Bay Ceramic

Tudor Black Bay Ceramic

I've done a little search around this and can't find much so wondering if anyone has any real life pics of one of these?

A good friend of mine can't stop looking at it and may be keen to buy one at some point. He's tempted and was asking me if it'd be an investment. I initially thought what most of us think when we are asked that question about a watch - very very rare a watch is an investment - but then I thought how rarely anyone seems to talk about it here. It crossed my mind that if it's a poor seller perhaps it'd be something that ends up being pretty rare as and when it's discontinued. For different reasons but not unlike the ETA Black Bay Black. I believe it's the first with the METAS certified MT5602-1U movement, Tudor's first mainstream ceramic case (they did one for Only Watch but that's literally 1 of 1), and Tudor's (or Rolex's) first crystal case back. All of which may make it desirable. These "stealthy" watches are usually lower sellers because not everyone is keen on the aesthetic, right?

I don't know if anyone has any thoughts or even real-life sales information but I said I'd put it to the wisdom of the forum once I'd had these (probably incorrect) ideas and then send him the link to the thread. Who knows, he may even join and post some pics of his nice little collection. He's got a Blue Pelagos and a Seiko SNE537 Solar Tuna so far so he's on his way to full on WISdom!

Cheers fellow forumites!

I've had mine since release and it's a welcome inclusion to the collection. I'm not interested whether it's an investment or not.

I bought it for a number of reasons -

I like the look of it
    It's very legible
    It's stealthy
    Metas
    Sapphire caseback
    Cool rotor/movement decoration
    1st ceramic watch
    Nice size
    I like my Tudor AD

I certainly didn't buy it for the supplied straps. The leather/rubber hybrid looks nice, but as with the P01 (same strap), I find the deployant very uncomfortable. I have swam with the hybrid on the P01 and it dried without issue or discolouration, but I'm not sure how it would fare after numerous swims. The supplied nato strap is just awful quality.

Dislikes -
    Supplied straps
    Domed crystal
    No AR

Last edited by Jon Kenney; 20th January 2022 at 10:59.