closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: New Range Rover

  1. #1

    New Range Rover

    Went to look at the new upcoming Range Rover Monday in Birmingham
    I was impressed looks really good imo.
    Anyone else seen it and your opinion?
    Iíve never owned a jlr product before

  2. #2
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    M62 corridor
    Posts
    4,067

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by lenlec View Post
    Went to look at the new upcoming Range Rover Monday in Birmingham I was impressed looks really good imo. Anyone else seen it and your opinion? Iíve never owned a jlr product before
    - - - Updated - - -

    Any sign of quality issues being addressed? Friendís Mrs got an Evoque. Plagued with issues.

    https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/new-cars/jaguar-land-rover-crack-down-poor-reliability

    ďJaguar and Land Rover models have long been plagued by quality and reliability issues globally. In the most recent (2020) What Car? Reliability Survey, Land Rover finished last out of 31 car makers, with a score of 78.2%, almost 10% worse than the brand directly above it.Ē

  3. #3
    Iíll never understand why people continue to buy cars that for years have been bottom of the heap for reliability. I wonít deny a lot of them look great, if a bit overtly macho (and a bit silly driven around cities polished up to the nines rather than mud spattered)
    Who wants to spend their time and fistfulls of money fixing a car when there are plenty of much cheaper options that just work?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #4
    Master
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    By the TOLL Road
    Posts
    4,074
    Blog Entries
    1
    Watched a good video on YouTube Harryís Garage where Harry Metcalfe compares last offering to the new one, very nice motor

  5. #5
    A lot of people who have bought a completely new LR Model in the past 20 years have ended up being a Guinea pig, the only real exception to that has been the new Defender. I would proceed with caution with any new JLR product and leave it at least 18 months for them to iron out all of the issues that should have been ironed out pre production.

  6. #6
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Aberystwyth
    Posts
    36
    Have had two Velar motors, first one not long after they launched and I suppose as with alot of cars, you are a long term tester in essence.

    There was a few niggled but got sorted, second one has been fault free albeit being the new hybrid version.

  7. #7
    Grand Master Passenger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Cartagena, Spain
    Posts
    18,069
    Quote Originally Posted by AberBoy View Post
    Have had two Velar motors, first one not long after they launched and I suppose as with alot of cars, you are a long term tester in essence.

    There was a few niggled but got sorted, second one has been fault free albeit being the new hybrid version.
    Do you get any sort've reward financial or otherwise for being a long term tester or is it more a voluntary, virtue itīs own reward kinda thing?

  8. #8
    They have shit on most UK suppliers, a huge proportion of it is made in China and assembled here.

  9. #9
    Master vagabond's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Here and There....
    Posts
    5,878
    They have marketed the brand and products brilliantly. Most LR models are aspirational products and I can see the attraction - the cabins are a wonderful place to spend time in - even when parked on the hard shoulder ;-)

    And I say all this as a Landcruiser owner / enthusiast of over 25 years.

    Until very recently (last couple of years) I don't think that any other luxury SUV (<£100k) came close to a RR's desirability or cabin ambiance. If I won the lottery, I'd have one in a heartbeat. I would just park it on the drive and sit in it when I felt like it and still go out in my 'cruiser.

    As an aside - to really understand the appeal of a Landcruiser, you have to think of reliability as a luxury :-)

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by vagabond View Post
    They have marketed the brand and products brilliantly. Most LR models are aspirational products and I can see the attraction - the cabins are a wonderful place to spend time in - even when parked on the hard shoulder ;-)

    And I say all this as a Landcruiser owner / enthusiast of over 25 years.

    Until very recently (last couple of years) I don't think that any other luxury SUV (<£100k) came close to a RR's desirability or cabin ambiance. If I won the lottery, I'd have one in a heartbeat. I would just park it on the drive and sit in it when I felt like it and still go out in my 'cruiser.

    As an aside - to really understand the appeal of a Landcruiser, you have to think of reliability as a luxury :-)
    I had this beast for a while https://postimg.cc/9Rk8HqvT

  11. #11
    Craftsman NCC66's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    West Yorkshire
    Posts
    661
    Iím one of those serial JLR purchasers. Maybe Iíve been lucky but I havenít had anything other than very minor issues with any of them.

    The new one looks superb. If I had the cash Iíd be very, very happy to order one. Then wait for absolutely ages for it to be built and deliveredÖ

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by NCC66 View Post
    Iím one of those serial JLR purchasers. Maybe Iíve been lucky but I havenít had anything other than very minor issues with any of them.

    The new one looks superb. If I had the cash Iíd be very, very happy to order one. Then wait for absolutely ages for it to be built and deliveredÖ
    The sales guy said all there 2022 cars had gone. If I order now it Q1 2023.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by lenlec View Post
    The sales guy said all there 2022 cars had gone. If I order now it Q1 2023.
    I'm still delivering parts for the 494 on 28th March, I think production of the 460/61 doesn't start till late April at the earliest

  14. #14
    Grand Master oldoakknives's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    19,095
    Quote Originally Posted by NCC66 View Post
    Iím one of those serial JLR purchasers. Maybe Iíve been lucky but I havenít had anything other than very minor issues with any of them.

    The new one looks superb. If I had the cash Iíd be very, very happy to order one. Then wait for absolutely ages for it to be built and deliveredÖ
    Same as that.
    ďThe more I learn about people, the more I like my dog.Ē

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by lenlec View Post
    The sales guy said all there 2022 cars had gone. If I order now it Q1 2023.

    That's rather annoying... my current RR is due for a service next Friday and I was going to take a look at the new ones with a view to replacing the old one in the Summer.

    Despite all the horror stories my current car has been pretty reliable. A few little niggles along the way which were all sorted pretty quickly - the electrics still do odd things occasionally - but mechanically it's been sound.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Meesterbond View Post
    That's rather annoying... my current RR is due for a service next Friday and I was going to take a look at the new ones with a view to replacing the old one in the Summer.

    Despite all the horror stories my current car has been pretty reliable. A few little niggles along the way which were all sorted pretty quickly - the electrics still do odd things occasionally - but mechanically it's been sound.
    Think all the dealers are having an open day shall we say. Jlr are sending 2 new cars round the country to show potential customers maybe call up your dealer ? They do look fantastic and the inside is great

  17. #17
    Master
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    liverpool UK
    Posts
    1,698
    I see one every morning on the way into the office in the launch Gold colour.

    Looks more similar on the road to the previous current gen than I thought it would do.

    We have considered swapping my wife's discovery for one as it's coming up to 3 years old.

    I think the pricing of them with this new model has now gone over the top of what we can afford or want to pay.

    It looks really impressive inside. Though.

    I will echo the above and say we have always had hassle with landrovers when out of warranty.

    I love the new defender. I wish I could convince her into one of them.

    Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

  18. #18
    Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    South West, UK
    Posts
    1,951
    Looks lovely but way too big for most European roads IMO

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information