closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Cartridge Vs tank printers

Cartridge Vs tank printers

Evening virtual pub goers.

Bit mundane but I haven't bought a home printer for years and ours has packed in.

Anyone got a tank refill printer? Seems like a no brainer with the cost of cartridges.

Also hp, cannon or Epson?

Laser printers are out as we don't need the quality, don't print enough and don't want the bulk.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

We got an Epson - not cheap to buy, but running costs are super cheap. I would say print quality is not as good as a cartridge printer.

It is perfect for school work, letters etc. however.

If you don't print much volume I would consider a small laser printer- I was fortunate enough to buy one pre-lockdown when they were cheap.

If you are printing some volume then the tank printers are excellent.

Printer land does a useful cost per page analysis so I would start there as well as considering your actual page count.

Printerland show 0.5p per colour page for an ecotank vs 19.7p for colour laser.

Master
    We have had an Epson ecotank ET-7700 printer for a couple of years now. The ink lasts ages, in fact we are still on the first set of 2 refills that came with the printer. It was expensive to buy but has definitely paid for itself and no more hassle of constantly running out of ink like we had with previous cartridge ones.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by MB2 View Post
    We got an Epson - not cheap to buy, but running costs are super cheap. I would say print quality is not as good as a cartridge printer.

It is perfect for school work, letters etc. however.

If you don't print much volume I would consider a small laser printer- I was fortunate enough to buy one pre-lockdown when they were cheap.

If you are printing some volume then the tank printers are excellent.

Printer land does a useful cost per page analysis so I would start there as well as considering your actual page count.
    Thanks for the heads up, we don't do a huge amount of printing at the moment, but the kids are getting older and the Mrs is training to be a teacher so I expect that to get much larger.

I'm just not sure a laser is more practical Vs tank. Same cost up front cost. Tank cheaper in the long run!?

Quote Originally Posted by stuie-t View Post
    We have had an Epson ecotank ET-7700 printer for a couple of years now. The ink lasts ages, in fact we are still on the first set of 2 refills that came with the printer. It was expensive to buy but has definitely paid for itself and no more hassle of constantly running out of ink like we had with previous cartridge ones.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    I'm leaning towards that.

Master
    I picker up an Epson ET-2720 about a year ago and its been great. Wifi printing from laptops and phones and the ink should last ages. I considered a cheaper cartridge one but longer term this seemed a much better idea. Epson refils are cheap and generic ink even cheaper.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Epson-EcoTa...78442203&psc=1

I bought an Epson ET 2550 ink tank printer 5 years ago ... ultra reliable and cheapest ink costs ever ... initial cost more expensive but ink costs are so low it's been a very cost effective purchase ... And 2 days ago it was accidentally pushed off the top of my 1 metre tall filing cabinet onto the hard floor ... no damage and still working perfectly. Highly recommended unless you need an exhibition print quality photo printer ... I use a separate printer for photo prints i.e Epson R3000 ... but it's been modified into a Fotospeed constant ink flow printer.

dunk
    "Well they would say that ... wouldn't they!"

Thanks for the advice, going for one of these

https://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/comput...29344-pdt.html