closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Watch brand you just "don't get"?

Master
    Richard Mille, surely a joke.
    Patek Phillip, hideous to my eyes and wouldn’t buy one if they were 50p.
    Ming, more like minging. The most hideous micro brand I’ve seen but for some reason cost thousands rather than hundreds

Quote Originally Posted by Cynar View Post
    Richard Mille, surely a joke.
    Patek Phillip, hideous to my eyes and wouldn’t buy one if they were 50p.
    Ming, more like minging. The most hideous micro brand I’ve seen but for some reason cost thousands rather than hundreds
    Is it possible that your account has been *HACKED*?
    Reason why I ask is that you have entered 3 very negative comments on different brands during the early hours of this morning.
    Which doesn't appear to be your norm.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    Richard Mille every time. Insanely expensive, looks like it’s from Toys-R-Us and I couldn’t work out how you tell the time looking at one.
    Couldn't agree more. About the only watch brand that I actively dislike in its entirety with no redeeming features.

There are a few. Hublot are at the top of the pile. At the moment Rolex prices have gone haywire so that’s annoying as well!

Journeyman
    I don’t really ‘get’ the current Rolex offering. I am enormously fond of the brand, own three older ones (a 2004 GMT, and 1979 Sea Dweller and a 1972 Explorer) and have owned several of the current models. With the new ones I find that there is always ‘something’ a bit off design wise, whether overly heavy crown guards or weird dial layouts. So I like Rolex very much but I feel the company is a bit like a dear friend who you love but who has suddenly had a mid life crisis and acquired some really dodgy cosmetic surgery, a hair weave and a sports car….
    Last edited by JIG67; 2nd April 2022 at 14:52.

The one that I really want but know that I don’t want:-)

- - - Updated - - -

The one that I really want but know that I don’t want:-)

Craftsman
    There are watches I don't like because they are simply crass -- and many have been mentioned, so there is no need to repeat.

Then there watches which I think I ought to like, but just can't. Probably my biggest deficiency is A Lange & Söhne and JLC; I admire both brands immensely for their quality and technical prowess, but whenever I get one of their models in my hands my heart is not warmed and my soul is not stirred. Odd.

There are also some style things from otherwise excellent manufacturers which leave me cold -- particularly any watch which surrounds a relatively small dial with acres of metal to make a larger watch. G. Genta has a lot to answer for in my book. But, I know some of his designs are very sought after -- so, again, I'm out of line.

And lastly, I'm another who completely fails to understand the Rolex hype. They are good quality, mid-range, mass produced pieces. I have one; I don't need another. Odd again -- but I suppose it saves me "waiting list madness".