closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Camping Beds

Camping Beds

Hi all,

I've a couple of nights camping coming up with the family (2+2).

I would like to get some camp beds to make the experience more enjoyable, and think that the old blue flocked airbeds are not the way to go.

Space is a non issue as we'll be in a 5m bell tent.

The TZer in me says I need an Army Surplus camping cot ... But it seems like a minefield.

So ... Any helpful comments on the best value solution or is anyone selling a couple?

Thanks

Sent from my CPH2415 using Tapatalk

Perhaps a carp fishing bed. A pal of mine had one which I borrowed for a double overnighter at RAF Fairford Air Tattoo and it was fantastic.

Camping Beds

Quote Originally Posted by jamiej View Post
    I would like to get some camp beds to make the experience more enjoyable, and think that the old blue flocked airbeds are not the way to go.
    I stack two flock double airbeds, and then line the top flock airbed with a feather down duvet in a cotton cover, and then sleep on top of that, with another feather down duvet on top of us, when the missus and I camp. Plus we take our feather pillows. All makes it supremely comfortable.

Sleeping on top of a one flock airbed with a sleeping bag and camping pillow is absolutely miserable and uncomfortable.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I actually like sleeping on an airbed - always sorts my bad back out.

One thing I would say is prioritise decent pillows. Makes a world of difference.

Craftsman
    Camped and used airbeds for years.

Went over to a camp bed with a SIM on top .....total game changer would never go back to an airbed.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by magpie215 View Post
    Camped and used airbeds for years.

Went over to a camp bed with a SIM on top .....total game changer would never go back to an airbed.
    Can I ask what a SIM is? I have always camped using an airbed as well, intrigued.

Master
    Self-inflating mattress, that’s what we use for camping now. If you get a good thick one (10+cm) they are very comfortable but do take up quite a lot of space when rolled up though.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Blog Entries
    Used airbeds for years and this year no more, I just don't get on with them. Last years Latitude was hard work, this year I need to kip.

Started with an all singing all dancing double which was about 18" high and then cheapo singles.

I am now close to purchasing the a Kampa Dream, they seem to get good write ups.

Will keep you posted

Pitch