closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Vaccine passport/covid travel pass query?

Master

Vaccine passport/covid travel pass query?

Bit of a random one and unlikely anyone will have the answer, but here goes :-)

My son is at Cardiff Uni and had his 1st and 2nd covid jabs whilst there in the summer. At Xmas he had his booster jab back here in Devon. Should be all straight forward but the NHS app can’t acknowledge that at all. It seems having some in Wales and others in England has thrown them! I’ve got all 3 on my app which is straight forward for travel. He didn’t have any but has now managed to get the booster one on there, although it says ‘booster 1st dose’, even though it’s his 3rd jab. He’s got a print off from the Doctors surgery showing he’s had them all but cannot get them on the NHS app.

He’s made dozens of calls to the surgery, to the NHS helpline and other numbers that he subsequently gets given and none of the people he’s spoken to seem to be able to do anything. His surgery are apparently going to liaise with the NHS app team now but it’s not looking promising.

He’s in Barcelona today for his 21st and got out there fine, however the locator form won’t let him upload his barcode for coming back as its saying he’s not vaccinated, so he’ll have to show them the print out at the airport tomorrow. I’m sure he will be fine for returning but obviously we’d like this addressed. We’re going to Las Vegas in a few weeks and don’t want the worry of getting to America and them saying he can’t come in.

There’s clearly a quirk in the system that can’t seem to recognise he’s had all 3 jabs but I’m sure loads of students must be in similar positions. Unless he’s just been very unlucky.

Master
    I had two vaccinations in England and one in Scotland and have a similar issue with the English NHS pass recording my booster (from Scotland) as a first dose so I have two first doses and a second.

The English covid pass people are IMO totally useless as the people on the phone can’t help, they can’t/won’t send you a letter confirming vaccination status and when you log a call with the Vaccine Data Resolution Service (VDRS) they NEVER call you back. I’m waiting for a single call despite raising two issues with them, the first over 2 months ago.

The solution for me (probably not suitable for your son) was to ask the fantastic, helpful and responsive Scottish COVID vaccine people to add my English vaccines to their system which they managed to do over the Xmas and New Year period. I therefore have a fully functioning Scottish pass with all 3 vaccines correctly recorded which works for the very strict Austrian requirements (so far anyhow).

Maybe worth asking the Welsh people to add the English vaccines to theirs?

On that note, I think it is absolutely farsical than one country has at least vaccination certification systems, totally unjustifiable IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Devonian View Post
    Bit of a random one and unlikely anyone will have the answer, but here goes :-)

My son is at Cardiff Uni and had his 1st and 2nd covid jabs whilst there in the summer. At Xmas he had his booster jab back here in Devon. Should be all straight forward but the NHS app can’t acknowledge that at all. It seems having some in Wales and others in England has thrown them! I’ve got all 3 on my app which is straight forward for travel. He didn’t have any but has now managed to get the booster one on there, although it says ‘booster 1st dose’, even though it’s his 3rd jab. He’s got a print off from the Doctors surgery showing he’s had them all but cannot get them on the NHS app.

He’s made dozens of calls to the surgery, to the NHS helpline and other numbers that he subsequently gets given and none of the people he’s spoken to seem to be able to do anything. His surgery are apparently going to liaise with the NHS app team now but it’s not looking promising.

He’s in Barcelona today for his 21st and got out there fine, however the locator form won’t let him upload his barcode for coming back as its saying he’s not vaccinated, so he’ll have to show them the print out at the airport tomorrow. I’m sure he will be fine for returning but obviously we’d like this addressed. We’re going to Las Vegas in a few weeks and don’t want the worry of getting to America and them saying he can’t come in.

There’s clearly a quirk in the system that can’t seem to recognise he’s had all 3 jabs but I’m sure loads of students must be in similar positions. Unless he’s just been very unlucky.
    When I flew back into Manchester from Dubai a week and a bit ago I was unable to get the Govt. website to recognise the QR code from my NHS app. We had printouts and apart from a sign at Border Control saying spot checks for uk locator forms was in operation, nobody asked for proof of anything.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_in_the_UK View Post
    When I flew back into Manchester from Dubai a week and a bit ago I was unable to get the Govt. website to recognise the QR code from my NHS app. We had printouts and apart from a sign at Border Control saying spot checks for uk locator forms was in operation, nobody asked for proof of anything.
    World beating