closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: EV Practicalities?

Blog Entries
    So who is paying for all that digging and re-laying?
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    So who is paying for all that digging and re-laying?
    Thankfully UK Power Network as they are obligated to provide an adequate supply. I do wonder if it will stay that way once half the country are having car chargers installed? No wonder our energy bills are rising. I have started to go along with being green, but the sceptic in me feels this green agenda might just turn out to be a very costly Red Herring, it could be like 2002 and diesel cars all over again? Oh well, the EV car is good and costing pennies to run.

Master
    We've a VW ID.3

I use the app to pre-warm, never had a problem. Nice and toasty, all windows clear.

He is quite annoying, and he was listening to Coldplay, so case closed: muppet.

I'd quite like an EV especially as now they're available with a 300miles+ range.
    However, no off road parking....Hmmmmmmmm.....
    Under pavement channel, or overhead arm.....decisions, decisions....

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by yumma View Post
    Thankfully UK Power Network as they are obligated to provide an adequate supply. I do wonder if it will stay that way once half the country are having car chargers installed? No wonder our energy bills are rising. I have started to go along with being green, but the sceptic in me feels this green agenda might just turn out to be a very costly Red Herring, it could be like 2002 and diesel cars all over again? Oh well, the EV car is good and costing pennies to run.
    You shouldn’t really have a looped supply in this day and age anyway, builders and the DNOs have been cheaping out on it for decades.

If air source heat pumps, home battery storage, EV chargers or even hot tubs are something you want then you need an unlooped supply.

When my electrician informed the DNO that we wanted to fit a 7kW home EV charger, and the neighbours already had one, they informed us that the local transformer would need to be upgraded.

They did it pretty quickly, and a happy side effect seems to be that the village hasn’t had a power cut since they did it. It was a regular occurrence before that, turns out it was struggling to cope before any EVs turned up.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by yumma View Post
    That's good then! I was thinking you might get a very large bill.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa View Post
    I'd quite like an EV especially as now they're available with a 300miles+ range.
    However, no off road parking....Hmmmmmmmm.....
    Under pavement channel, or overhead arm.....decisions, decisions....
    I have a Tesla and no off road parking and I don't miss the ability to charge from home a jot - most of my charging is now free at public facilities. That being said I live in London and don't do huge mileage- if I did then yes it may be more of a consideration.