closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: 10 years on

10 years on

Not posted in a very, very long time, Ive been happy with my collection for nearly 10 years but now thinking of a change.
    Ive got my eye on a Tudor Black Bay GMT having watched lots of vids and reading the review's but also interested in hearing peoples thoughts on this model.

I also can't decide on whether to trade in some of my current watches and go down to 2 (keeping the Bremont) to save on the ongoing service costs especially given the quote Ive just had on the Fortis GMT. The smiths also seems to have increased massively in price over the years from what I can see. Mine is a 1969 one given to me by my dad but just sits in the box are these really fetching 1.5-2k now as that's a big chunk towards something new?

Anyway nice to still see lots of familiar names on here and as ever attached are a few pics.
    Thanks all and looking forward to getting back into the hobby.
    Jon

Last edited by jgeddes; 2nd February 2022 at 15:45.

Welcome back. Things might seem to have changed. Some characters certainly have, but I think it is still pretty much a place you will soon be familiar with again.

The Smiths has a range of prices, but basically nothing below £1,000.00. Nice W10 examples in private sales on watch forums are around the £1,200 to £1,300 range and a bit more when listed by dealers or on auction sites. If the case back is 6B rather than W10 then add some on and if W10 crossed out and 0552 added then these are £2,000+ all day long.

You want to get some polywatch on that crystal. If you list it for sale a photo of the movement is always a good idea and confirmation of the internal metal dust cover, these can sometimes be missing.

Grand Master
    Welcome back, nice fortis!
    ktmog6uk
    marchingontogether!

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    The Smiths has a range of prices, but basically nothing below £1,000.00. Nice W10 examples in private sales on watch forums are around the £1,200 to £1,300 range and a bit more when listed by dealers or on auction sites. If the case back is 6B rather than W10 then add some on and if W10 crossed out and 0552 added then these are £2,000+ all day long.

You want to get some polywatch on that crystal. If you list it for sale a photo of the movement is always a good idea and confirmation of the internal metal dust cover, these can sometimes be missing.
    Thanks that's really helpful, it was NOS in the cardboard box (sadly now gone) when he got it and has never been opened so hopefully all in tact although very overdue a service, was thinking about the crystal but thought best left alone for now will try and get some more pics of the movement etc.

Nice W10…. Edited the other bit as I was talking “insert expletive”
    Last edited by HookedSeven; 2nd February 2022 at 23:25.