closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Anthem MRX 710

Craftsman

Anthem MRX 710

After 5 years and a couple of problems, the amp has given up with repeated shutdown issues.
    I will get a quote for repair but it seems it is quite out of date now.
    I’ve taken the plunge with a processor and power amp solution.
    It needs to be powerful as I’m driving 4 ohm linn speakers in a 7.1 configuration with a REL subwoofer.
    The manufacturer is Chinese via a redesign with a hifi low volume manufacturer in Middlesbrough called IOTA.
    The power amp is £1150 driving 7 channels at 4 ohm with 170 watts but the stripped back processor for £1450 is an unknown quantity, no reviews.
    Does anyone have experience of the brand or am I a pioneer?
    A Rotel solution was £6k and only 5 channels and the Anthem solution, a bit long in the tooth, was £8k.
    I may regret it but on the whole AV receivers seems to have quite a failure rate even when managing heat issues effectively.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

Don’t know anything about Iota, but have a Nad M25 AV amp, it’s rock solid, never misses a beat and good enough for music as well.

Master
    I’ve not had one, but the Iota amps seem well regarded over on AV forums. They were originally badged as Nakamichi and were unbelievably cheap, but had some issues. I believe those issues were resolved and they’re still good value for money, albeit quite a bit more expensive now they’re sold as Iota.
    Last edited by Cynar; 3rd March 2022 at 15:28.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynar View Post
    I’ve not had one, but the Iota amps seem well regarded over on AV forums. They were originally badged as Nakamichi and were unbelievably cheap, but had some issues. I believe those issues were resolved and they’re still good value for money, albeit quite a bit more expensive now they’re sold as Iota.
    I had a Nakamichi Tri Tracer cassette deck, it was a serious bit of kit.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianw View Post
    Don’t know anything about Iota, but have a Nad M25 AV amp, it’s rock solid, never misses a beat and good enough for music as well.
    I looked at the NAD but back in £3k territory for a power amp so need to add a sound processor or use an AVR for the purpose. The NAD’s had some issues on release, not sure if resolved.

Craftsman
    IOTA is to be installed Wednesday and integrated into RTI (as much is possible).

Craftsman
    Installed and works well. The pre-amp is stellar. The sound processor requires so,e underlying knowledge but you can run the auto eq and amend manually after. Includes controls such as trim and the ability to assign an eq by input. Great value for money with the upside it sounds great with 2 channel music as well.

Quote Originally Posted by qaz4169 View Post
    Installed and works well. The pre-amp is stellar. The sound processor requires so,e underlying knowledge but you can run the auto eq and amend manually after. Includes controls such as trim and the ability to assign an eq by input. Great value for money with the upside it sounds great with 2 channel music as well.

Looks like a bargain, I’ve never had much success with EQ, then my last processor came with Dirac live, it was a revelation

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianw View Post
    Looks like a bargain, I’ve never had much success with EQ, then my last processor came with Dirac live, it was a revelation
    Arc by Anthem was very good as well. The IOTA EQ was better than Audyssey though. It’s really good value this stuff. Well worth a punt.