closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Interesting watches around £100-150 mark?

Interesting watches around £100-150 mark?

My wife got me a "Pagani Design" Explorer II homage for Christmas - https://smile.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08YY4P5JN/ , after spotting it on Amazon. She remembers me trying the Rolex one on a few years ago. I ended up with a Speedy instead, but always fancied the Polar. I suppose I must have seen one again recently and pointed it out. Anyway.

It took 8 weeks to arrive, and we nearly got done for customs from China. Now it's arrived, it's a decent piece - far better than its £140 price tag would suggest - only problem is it doesn't wind automatically. The rotor spins around, but doesn't seem connected to the movement. It hand winds OK, but I don't want the hassle of having to set the watch, the date and the GMT every time I pick it up, so it's going back. With the hassle of getting Amazon to sort out the customs issue, she's not keen to order another, particularly if it arrives with the same fault.

Given that, she's let me loose to give her a shortlist of 5 or so pieces and she'll choose so it's still a surprise, all around the same budget of £100-150.

Gaps in the watchbox include white dial sports, blue dial dress watch on a bracelet, green sports, chronographs, something that looks good on brown leather straps and a GMT. But I'm open to anything. I've downsized a lot over the last few years, so lots of space.

So, what's out there? Only stipulation is if it is quartz, no ticking second hands. I really hate that. Auto preferred.
    Last edited by HenPecked; 12th January 2022 at 21:26.

www.steeldiveuk.com

Plenty of great automatic homages there within that range.

Orient Kamasu
    Citizen Promaster
    Citizen NK0000-10A
    CWC G10
    Last edited by robert75; 12th January 2022 at 23:45.

Orient Bambino

Shame about the Pagani, I have 3 and they seem to work perfectly. The Submariner copy keeps to +1 second/day.

Master
    Some nice Traser chronos on TKMaxx at the moment, good prices.

They are not great at the specs, so do check, especially re size.

https://www.tkmaxx.com/uk/en/men/acc...Watches&page=1

Craftsman
    Seagull 1963 chronograph

Apprentice
    How does HMRC go about taxing people for Chinese imports? The big Chinese sellers now have to charge VAT at point of sale.

Quote Originally Posted by notnowkato View Post
    Shame about the Pagani, I have 3 and they seem to work perfectly. The Submariner copy keeps to +1 second/day.
    The more I think about it, the more I'm wondering if I can have it fixed cheaply by a local watch repairer?

Master
    San Martin, Vostok

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by mutanthands View Post
    Seagull 1963 chronograph
    Yep , I think these are outstanding VFM , handwind though not auto

Quote Originally Posted by HenPecked View Post
    The more I think about it, the more I'm wondering if I can have it fixed cheaply by a local watch repairer?
    I bought both my Explorer 2 alikes via Amazon and no customs issues at all, so , maybe, return it as faulty and buy another one, mine came through quite swiftly ans I am very pleased with the fit and finish of them. Easily as good as my Steinharts which are 4 times the price.

Seagull 1963 looks lovely, but appears to be nearly double the budget? Unless the ones on ebay are legit?

Quote Originally Posted by HenPecked View Post
    Seagull 1963 looks lovely, but appears to be nearly double the budget? Unless the ones on ebay are legit?
    Aliexpress is the go-to place for those. Check out Just One More Watch on Youtube as he's done a few videos on these with info on where he purchased.

Master
    Steeldive were forum darlings last year. Damn good quality for not a lot of money.
    There is a uk dealer and delivery is usually next day.
    Seestern is a great Doxa homage with some lovely colourways quality is amazing for the money.

As mentioned the orient bambino is a bit of a must have if you like that style.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk