closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: MATRIX RESURRECTIONS WARNING SPOILERS INSIDE!

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries

MATRIX RESURRECTIONS WARNING SPOILERS INSIDE!

Watched this last night, really enjoyed the first 20 mins or so, very self aware and clever.

Great set pieces and effects later on but it just went downhill IMHO.

I found Neo to be so passive as a character physically, and psychologically. I was waiting all the way through for him to remember how powerful he was, and fight back but he never does. Smith smashes him to bits then just stops. Why?!

The role-reversal of trinity becoming “The One” and the jumping off the building scene just came across as yet another shoehorning of a woman into a hero role, when Trinity was already a hero in the trilogy.

Rant over.

I am not to ashamed to admit I loved the original ones but this new one is terrible. I really wanted to like it but it was a hard watch. Trinity and Neo both now being "the one" or well now "the two" made no sense with the narrative from the original movies about how the one is created, did they want to tick the gender equality in the workplace box.

The action was just a series of neo stopping bullets and running away, over and over, lacked any real prolonged action like in the original movies.

Was just really disappointing and would have been better to not bother making it at all.

It's certainly a movie which fits the category of "meh".

I agree with most of what you say, society I want impressed by the set pieces at all. No part of the movie felt fresh or innovative. A real shame, it's a far cry from what the original delivered.

The Wachowski brothers are now the Wachowski sisters and the unsubtle shift of power from Neo to Trinity has, apparently, much to do with the inner battles the sisters faced as they transitioned. I thoroughly enjoyed watching the film but I will also admit I was waiting for Neo to discover how powerful he is and lay utter and absolute waste to the machines.

Master
    Blog Entries
    It's been absolutely slated however I didn't mind it too much.

I think it took a big hit straight away without Hugo Weaving as Agent Smith (was not too fussed about a younger Morpheus)

In the build up to watching it I revisited the original trilogy. The Original Matrix was of course ground breaking and still superb - it went downhill badly in the next two films anyhow and I'm sure they were making it up as they went along. The sequels only worth it a watch for the car chase sequence in the second film and more importantly a young Monica Bellucci squeezed into a dress :)0

Wondering why people with no interest in watches are on a watch forum?
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jmarchitect View Post
    I was waiting for Neo to discover how powerful he is and lay utter and absolute waste to the machines.
    That’s it in a nutshell

Glad I opened this thread, based on the comments I wont bother watching the film spoilers or not.

Master
    I re-watched the first 3 before watching this. First film an absolute classic, went a bit downhill for the next two but then this one........oh dear🤔

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    I didn’t mind it tbh….could’ve been better but wasn’t awful.