closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Buying a vehicle that is HPI Clear…you may find this of interest

Buying a vehicle that is HPI Clear…you may find this of interest

Sounds like a selling add for V Check.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The thing I don't get is:- if a car has been in an accident and repaired by the insurance company has it's value reduced, if it has the owner has been left in a worse position and the insurance company should be reimbursing the difference.

If it hasn't then scaremongers like that guy are talking complete rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by adrianw View Post
    The thing I don't get is:- if a car has been in an accident and repaired by the insurance company has it's value reduced, if it has the owner has been left in a worse position and the insurance company should be reimbursing the difference.

If it hasn't then scaremongers like that guy are talking complete rubbish.
    hi different scenario's, insurance accident repair and insurance total loss , insurance accident repair is undertaken by the insurance company via a approved or not garage to return the vehicle to pre accident condition , so loss of value
    insurance total loss is were it it more economical for the insurer to pay out the market value of the damaged car. this can be beyond economical repair- repair costs exceed the p.a.v or constructive repair costs together with salvage value exceed the the p.a.v ( that's why you have different category's of total loss)
    be aware not all accident damaged vehicles be total loss or not undertaken by insurance companies or are recorded as such , large companies self insure up to a large amount and deal with their own damaged vehicles and do not record their status.
    i found it a sales pitch too but had some valid points re hpi and cars currently for sale !

caveat emptor!

The point is that people are being conned into buying damaged repaired vehicles at around market value by 'reputable' main dealers. If the true history were fully exposed most buyers would not even contemplate the purchase. If one of these cars featured was subsequently involved in a smash and written off, the insurer (if they had access to the alternative database) could - and likely would - reduce the payout by 25-30%. That is the best scenario, in worst case incorrectly repaired structural damage could weaken the integrity of the vehicle safety giving reduced accident protection.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Smith View Post
    The point is that people are being conned into buying damaged repaired vehicles at around market value by 'reputable' main dealers. If the true history were fully exposed most buyers would not even contemplate the purchase. If one of these cars featured was subsequently involved in a smash and written off, the insurer (if they had access to the alternative database) could - and likely would - reduce the payout by 25-30%. That is the best scenario, in worst case incorrectly repaired structural damage could weaken the integrity of the vehicle safety giving reduced accident protection.
    I doubt whether main dealers(Franchised) are doing these repairs, but buying them "in the trade" once the repairs have been carried out , as has been mentioned in previous posts, used car stock is thin on the ground and prices strong. Main Dealer's labour rates would probably make these repairs uneconomical , in my experience of the business.

Master
    It's amazing just how many "new" cars have been touched up due to damage in transit before the first buyer has even seen them. (Don't ask how I know this!)

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tixntox View Post
    It's amazing just how many "new" cars have been touched up due to damage in transit before the first buyer has even seen them. (Don't ask how I know this!)
    I think I saw a tv programme about this a few years ago someone bought a brand new car and someone else noticed something not right turned out it fell off a car transporter and had a new side on it before being sold as new by a main dealer

Quote Originally Posted by tixntox View Post
    About 15 years ago I took my Jaguar into a main dealer for a repair. There was no parking available out front, so I drove to the rear of the workshops where I knew there would be plenty of space.

There were 4 brand-new Jaguars being worked on by 2 lots of 'Scratch'n'Dent' guys. I can only imagine what they were rectifying...
    ______

​Jim.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYfi2eZnbaU

Slightly off topic as this is more salvage based, it's bit of a watch but a sting in the tail - Buyer Beware !!! on all levels.

Quote Originally Posted by jwg663 View Post
    About 15 years ago I took my Jaguar into a main dealer for a repair. There was no parking available out front, so I drove to the rear of the workshops where I knew there would be plenty of space.

There were 4 brand-new Jaguars being worked on by 2 lots of 'Scratch'n'Dent' guys. I can only imagine what they were rectifying...
    Many years ago my Father was the service manager for a well known Germanic brand of vehicles based in Weybridge.
    They would quite often get brand new cars delivered off the transporter that had " come in contact " with trees on their journey to the garage.
    As this was before the PDR services being available any repairs were carried out by a high class body shop close the Sandown Park race course, who i believe are still trading.
    The resulting repairs were in fact so good they had a number of clients refuse to accept their new vehicles on the basis that they considered the vehicle had been resprayed as the repaired panels were head and shoulders better than the factory paint finish at the time !!!!
    They actually believed the repainted areas were the factory finish so therefore other areas had been repainted.