closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Smallest and Largest Wrist Size?

Smallest and Largest Wrist Size?

Just a bit of fun, but who on the forum has the smallest, and who has the largest wrist size.

My teeny wrist is 6.5 inches / 16.5 cm but I am sure there are smaller out there in the forum.

What about largest wrist size?
    Last edited by noTAGlove; 13th January 2022 at 21:50.

Craftsman
    My wrist size is around 21 centimeters so about 8 1/4 inches so fairly large ,a good friend is not a big heavy guy but has huge wrists of 9 inches

Sent from my moto g(8) power using TZ-UK mobile app

My left wrist is 17.5cm and my right wrist is 21.5cm, no idea why
    Don't just do something, sit there. - TNH

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Curta View Post
    Someone who lies about the little things will lie about the big things too.

Sent through the ether by diddling with radio waves

Master
    Opposite with me, right 19cm left 20.5 and I know why. Plate in my left one.

12” wrist. Find something to fit that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    8.25 here, it’s been a bit of a pain when buying preowned in the past. Have bought watches and had to wait weeks for links to arrive so I can wear the bloody things

Master
    I must be at the bottom end of the scale, at 6". I used to think it was 6.5" due to using a metal tape measure, but the fabric one doesn't lie.

I've finally had to admit that it's not 95% of watches in the world that are too large, it's my wrist that's slim. Luckily, there are plenty that work fine, from the 36mm Datejust, to AP 14790ST, to the 38mm Aqua Terra, and even the 16570 Explorer II (about the limit), via most vintage models. A lot of modern ones don't work though.

I can assure you there is no relationship between wrist size and... anything else.

Master
    Blog Entries
    My wrist was 8 inch,but after a bit of weight loss it’s now 7.5 inch.

I fall into the ‘not a huge guy but 9 inch wrists’ category. I can never try on a bracelet watch at a GTG as I can’t get my hand through the opened bracelet unless it’s got all the links fitted. It’s almost like an illusion tbh. It’s handy when you can buy a watch and just put it on without them removing links though!
    I often see the question ‘how many links does a Submariner come with’? - well, if I can’t get it over my hand it’s missing a link!

Both my wrist same size -7.25 inches. So no smallest or largest:-).

8 inches here.

As I mainly buy vintage or used it can be a real pain having to source links after purchasing from a pencil wristed person.

Normal sized straps will only buckle up on the second last hole which makes it difficult to use the keeper, I have to buy extra long straps or use NATOs.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

I have 6 inch flat wrist and my biggest watch is a Seiko SKX007. Since wearing the Seiko, anything smaller really feels small.

I received my CWC Mellor 72 and I was surprised how small it was, despite reading about it. With my slim wrist, I thought the nato may be an issue and was prepared for the getting the scissors out (and potentially messing up the strap). However, I think it looks great as is.

I will however be researching further into single pass natos similar to the lovely but expensive Crown & Buckle’s Chevron straps but from UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Itsguy View Post
    I must be at the bottom end of the scale, at 6". I used to think it was 6.5" due to using a metal tape measure, but the fabric one doesn't lie.

I've finally had to admit that it's not 95% of watches in the world that are too large, it's my wrist that's slim. Luckily, there are plenty that work fine, from the 36mm Datejust, to AP 14790ST, to the 38mm Aqua Terra, and even the 16570 Explorer II (about the limit), via most vintage models. A lot of modern ones don't work though.

I can assure you there is no relationship between wrist size and... anything else.
    Can't see 6" being beaten.

I wouldn't mind your problem. So many cool vintage pieces that would fit like a modern watch. Even some not so old Pateks and the like.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Fender View Post
    Can't see 6" being beaten.

I wouldn't mind your problem. So many cool vintage pieces that would fit like a modern watch. Even some not so old Pateks and the like.
    That is the silver lining, 36mm works well with some great vintage options. However 34mm doesn’t work, it actually accentuates a slim wrist, while 38mm looks spot on. So unfortunately I’m not seeing any bargain priced Pateks!

7" but has dropped to 6.5" with age and health.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    8 inches here.

As I mainly buy vintage or used it can be a real pain having to source links after purchasing from a pencil wristed person.

Normal sized straps will only buckle up on the second last hole which makes it difficult to use the keeper, I have to buy extra long straps or use NATOs.
    I’ve noticed quite a few modern NATO’s are too short - never an issue before they became more mainstream, I’ve a couple where the tail is miles away from the second keeper, let alone tucking it under!

Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    I’ve noticed quite a few modern NATO’s are too short - never an issue before they became more mainstream, I’ve a couple where the tail is miles away from the second keeper, let alone tucking it under!

Manufacturers saving on materials!
    Cheers,
    Neil.