closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Nick Mankey straps

Nick Mankey straps

Anyone here have experience with these straps? I'm thinking of getting one for my Pelagos FXD. I like the way doesn't pass under the case so it won't add any thickness to it.

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

I have several hook straps from Nick, 2x18mm 2x20mm and more recently i purchased 3 20mm for fixed bar watches all were purchased for the same reasons as you point out with the watch sitting directly onto the wrist. I found that when measuring the wrist it was best to add on 5mm to give more movement to play with. At the moment the lead time is about 10 weeks i believe but well worth the wait.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I’ve had a couple,found them to not hold larger watches very well.

Got one for my Black bay and really like it, very comfortable and adds no bulk. Just ordered another one, who knows when it will get here like!

I've got half a dozen, fair to say I like them. Very comfortable and the hardware is neater than the EO straps. The only thing I'd highlight is get them with the stainless hardware, I've had the hardware on one corrode after using it in a swimming pool (and probably not washing it properly afterwards)

Craftsman
    Really happy with mine. Took a good while to arrive but it was pretty much bang on what was estimated at the time of order so also happy with the service in that respect.
    Not much else to say other than it's super comfortable, appears well made and comes with enough customisation options to suit basically any watch.

I noticed there is a long wait time. Also the shipping costs are a bit high. Anyway I ordered 2 straps, one in Marine National colours & the other stealth black. Cheers guys

Just as well they went with Mankey straps instead of Manky straps. Always pays to get some Weegie marketing consultants involved in any branding exercise.

I have a blue one due end of the month for my FXD, will post up some pics and thoughts when it lands.

I've got a fair few and one more that I've just received shipping information for, pretty much 11 weeks after ordering and it'll take about another week to arrive. They are however absolutely worth it and I prefer them far more than the Erica's strap.
    There are 4 watches in my safe on NM hook straps including my SubC!!! I know, sacrilege right!?

Definitely one of the most comfortable straps out there, look neat on wrist, and the texture of the strap is quite nice as well.
    I'd say it's probably a tad too stretchy to properly hold a heavy watch, but I don't think that'll be an issue with the pelagos being titanium.
    As other said, quite a long time waiting, but definitely worth it imho

I have a Mankey strap, as others have mentioned I find it a bit stretchy to hold a heavier watch securely. I prefer an Erika's Original, the old style made for fixed bars. The material is much stiffer and holds the watch more securely. You have to specify "old style for fixed bars" since they have a newer style that runs behind the watch head and secures with a screw.

In the photo there is a small metal keeper missing that goes on the six o'clock side that I forgot to fit the first time I installed the strap and took the photos. It slides to the buckle and secures the strap from slipping once you've adjusted it for size.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxon007 View Post
    I have a Mankey strap, as others have mentioned I find it a bit stretchy to hold a heavier watch securely. I prefer an Erika's Original, the old style made for fixed bars. The material is much stiffer and holds the watch more securely. You have to specify "old style for fixed bars" since they have a newer style that runs behind the watch head and secures with a screw.

In the photo there is a small metal keeper missing that goes on the six o'clock side that I forgot to fit the first time I installed the strap and took the photos. It slides to the buckle and secures the strap from slipping once you've adjusted it for size.

I like that. It's not shown on their website. Is it a special order strap?

Sent from my SM-F926B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by zen123 View Post
    I like that. It's not shown on their website. Is it a special order strap?
    Yes, you must specify "old style for fixed bars" when you order.

EDIT: If you mean the color it was a limited edition offered a few years ago. I personally don't like limited edition anything but it seems to be the rage these days.
    Last edited by Saxon007; 8th January 2022 at 23:18.

Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    Just as well they went with Mankey straps instead of Manky straps.
    Ideal combo for a Ming?