closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Longines LLD 36mm?

Longines LLD 36mm?

Just wondering if anyone has bought or even tried on the 36mm Legend Diver? I’m very interested in the smaller size of this one but they do seem quite scarce.

Thank you.

Yes, I owned one briefly. The size is good, although I also owned the regular LLD and think that works even on a smaller wrist. Somehow the 36mm didn't give me the same quality feel its larger sibling did. May have something to do with the smaller and lighter movement - I'm not sure. Every time I post this picture I do miss it a bit though.

Sorry, not very helpful I guess, but I can't quite make up my mind about it.

Thanks, that’s actually very helpful especially the photo, it looks great! I’ve always liked these but the 42mm would definitely be too large for me. I really like the 36-38mm size range so this seems to tick the boxes.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JackW View Post
    Yes, I owned one briefly. The size is good, although I also owned the regular LLD and think that works even on a smaller wrist. Somehow the 36mm didn't give me the same quality feel its larger sibling did. May have something to do with the smaller and lighter movement - I'm not sure. Every time I post this picture I do miss it a bit though.

Sorry, not very helpful I guess, but I can't quite make up my mind about it.
    That looks v cool. Didn't know the LLD came in a 36mm, though I suspect 38mm may be more of a sweet spot.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using TZ-UK mobile app

Ah, never knew about this 36mm version.

Did have the regular one a few years ago but found the lug to lug dimensions too much on my 6.5” wrists. This might be a good alternative as I really did like the style. Will have to try one on at some point.

I didn’t know they did a 36mm. Should be good for quite a few people, as although the 42mm fits me well - it’s towards the larger end of a 42mm imo.
    It's just a matter of time...

Journeyman
    I have got the 42mm bronze one, long lugs on a small wrist but to be honest, with the bronze version, that is actually good as the bronze doesn't touch my wrist and... doesn't oxidate. So, in my opinion, long lugs on a small wrist helps.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by NikP View Post
    I have got the 42mm bronze one, long lugs on a small wrist but to be honest, with the bronze version, that is actually good as the bronze doesn't touch my wrist and... doesn't oxidate. So, in my opinion, long lugs on a small wrist helps.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    Looks lovely in Bronze...... and only just realised it is the only version that is without a date window.

Update to this thread after my initial post over two years ago (where has the time gone!!).

When the 36mm was first announced I knew I wanted one. I always liked the look of the 42mm versions but my wrists are just too small to pull off those long lugs. To me the 36mm would be a perfect size. However my initial excitement was somewhat dampened when I read poor reports about the movement Longines was using in them, the L595 based on an ETA2000. Those reports (whether true or not) were enough to put me off and make me forget about the watch.

Fast forward two years and while looking for a new watch I went back to have a look at the Longines. While spending too much time browsing, looking at photos and reading reviews, I discovered that Longines had updated the movement (to an improved L592) when they released the gradient dial versions. I was happier with the new movement and had seen a black dial version for sale, full set and pretty much in as new condition. I decided to go for it and two years after my original post I’m now the happy owner of an LLD 36mm.

I’m still in the honeymoon period but I’m really enjoying it. A perfect size for me, very well finished, more than enough WR and currently running at an average of +0.75sec per day. I know the 39mm version has been released and is by all accounts a better watch, but I still prefer the case of the original, the 36mm size and the fact it cost me almost £2000 less than the price of a new 39mm. I can see this one staying for a while.

Master
    Love the LLD, good choice for an only watch as it is a very elegant diver. Had the PVD/DLC and standard versions and recently nearly bought the bronze previously posted. That is a lovely watch with the green and ND.

Not personally seen the 39mm yet but reckon there is one in my future!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Chilli View Post
    Love the LLD, good choice for an only watch as it is a very elegant diver. Had the PVD/DLC and standard versions and recently nearly bought the bronze previously posted. That is a lovely watch with the green and ND.

Not personally seen the 39mm yet but reckon there is one in my future!
    Agreed. It’s a great daily wear and covers a lot of bases. The 36mm lends itself to dressier occasions with the correct strap or mesh bracelet.
    Last edited by Mr Tetley; 29th January 2024 at 22:51.