closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Where to get stretchy mesh watch band.

Where to get stretchy mesh watch band.

I finally got my dad's Seiko 6139 back from the menders, but he won't wear it on the bracelet, and I think he'll only wear it on something like the old stretchy mesh metal watch band he used to wear it on.

I've searched and searched, but I can't find anything like it. Just a single, elasticated (I assume it was made of fairly springy wire), fairly thick, mesh band that stretches to fit.

Anyone any ideas?

J

p.s. the strap forum seemed empty so I didn't post there.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by doctorj View Post
    I finally got my dad's Seiko 6139 back from the menders, but he won't wear it on the bracelet, and I think he'll only wear it on something like the old stretchy mesh metal watch band he used to wear it on.

I've searched and searched, but I can't find anything like it. Just a single, elasticated (I assume it was made of fairly springy wire), fairly thick, mesh band that stretches to fit.

Anyone any ideas?

J

p.s. the strap forum seemed empty so I didn't post there.
    Hey, the modern ones are called fix-o-flex and made by Rowi
    You can get them on eBay/amazon

Master
    I may have a new one that you can have free if you know the lug size? It may even be a one size fits all. The ones that I have are chrome coloured. EDIT :- First and third one gone for a donation to the fundraiser. Mike
    Last edited by tixntox; 5th January 2022 at 23:12. Reason: Info re fundraiser

Close, but not quite, the one I'm after is just mesh, doesn't have links as such like these do.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Forstner do a stretchy mesh called the komfit, but you do have to fasten it so that might not be it either.

Master
    Close, but not quite, the one I'm after is just mesh, doesn't have links as such like these do.
    Okidoke. Now that I've photographed them I shall have to pop them on Sales corner I suppose as I shall not be using them. My eyes and shaky hands are getting too bad for watch tinkering these days! First and third one gone for a fundraiser donation!
    Last edited by tixntox; 5th January 2022 at 23:13. Reason: Fundraiser info

I _think_ this is what I'm looking for. Expensive for not being sure it's what I'm after, but this looks closer to my memory than anything else I;ve seen.

Tessuflex.

https://www.benl.ebay.be/itm/Vintage...item400a8cc851

I can't help thinking that an unadjustable, elasticated mesh like that is likely to be fairly uncomfortable. If it's any consolation there are a few sold listings for Tessuflex bracelets that went for a lot less so it might pay to be a little patient.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I’d take up the kind offer of a free bracelet, my dad used to wear his watch in the 80s on a fix-o-flex, and I did for a few years, and they are pretty good (albeit it the inner lugs get scratched). Your dad may like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton-Browne View Post
    I can't help thinking that an unadjustable, elasticated mesh like that is likely to be fairly uncomfortable. If it's any consolation there are a few sold listings for Tessuflex bracelets that went for a lot less so it might pay to be a little patient.
    They rip hair out of your arm like nothing else, but it's what he wants.

Perfect. Let's see if the old man wears it now.

Master

Perfect. Let's see if the old man wears it now.
    cool watch!