closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: RHA Audio

RHA Audio

All,

Have RHA gone out of fashion and favour?

I have an issue with some ear buds and have emailed them but noticed they’re no longer selling on their website and at some of their other stockists.

Best,

Ben

Master
    That’s odd - I contacted them over the Christmas period and got the issue resolved pretty much straightaway.

Hello

I have had an acknowledgment email re my issue but was just concerned when I looked on their site that it didn’t appear you could purchase any of their new products.

Craftsman
    Apparently Sonos has bought a majority share in RHA and as of 26th October the name has now changed to Origin North ltd. This may explain why you can,t buy direct from them at the moment.

Hello

Thanks Jonah,

A shame they’re not keeping the RHA name. Might be a condition of the new company.

Master
    I have a set of their headphones but the wires are frayed. I bought them in Richer Sounds so I asked in there.
    They implied that RHA were no longer trading so I ended up with a pair of Shure which are very good but the RHAs were also very good.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by burnside View Post
    Thanks Jonah,

A shame they’re not keeping the RHA name. Might be a condition of the new company.
    They are called Sonos Scotland.

Sonos don't want anything branded outside the Sonos brand. I'd be suprised if you see RHA branded headphones.

RHA had been going backwards, the Sonos takeover will mean shorter life cycles of anything that may get released in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello

What a shame re RHA. I really liked them as a brand.

Craftsman
    This is a shame, I have had RHA earphones for many years. I always really liked the fact they were just along the way in Glasgow and the warranty service they offered was absolutely superb. I bought one of their wireless earbud products last year and sadly it just didn't compete (in my honest opinion) with likes of Jabra and Airpods Pro, so ended up returning. Hopefully under Sonos moniker they are able to recapture the quality of products they showed in times gone by!

Sent from my LE2123 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jon8oy View Post
    This is a shame, I have had RHA earphones for many years. I always really liked the fact they were just along the way in Glasgow and the warranty service they offered was absolutely superb. I bought one of their wireless earbud products last year and sadly it just didn't compete (in my honest opinion) with likes of Jabra and Airpods Pro, so ended up returning. Hopefully under Sonos moniker they are able to recapture the quality of products they showed in times gone by!

Yes, agreed regarding the wireless earbuds. I decided to keep mine as backups, and bought a pair of Sony's instead.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Yes, agreed regarding the wireless earbuds. I decided to keep mine as backups, and bought a pair of Sony's instead.
    The Sony's are next on my list, seem to be very highly-regarded! I spend almost as much on earphones every year as watches My wife is not impressed!

Update

RHA have come back to me. They want me to send the ear buds and charging case off for testing and examination.

So will sort that tomorrow and as and when I have any further updates I’ll let the forum know.

Hopefully they can identify what’s wrong and fix it. As I really like them.

Had noticed their site and social media activity had declined, makes sense with Sonos buyout, but good to see they’re still honouring warranty stuff. I’ve now had 2 sets of their Trueconnects, the first original set were still running perfectly with 4 hour battery life out the case, which competes well even now with the AirPods Pro. They’re now still hopefully performing sterling service with a forum member.

I was fortunate to snag a set of Trueconnect 2s for £60, which have even better battery life (8 hours out the case) so for me it was a no brainier compared to AirPods or another more expensive option from another manufacturer. Delighted with them, so think I’ll just run them into the ground using motoring parlance. Also have a T20i wired set which I use with various Fiio/iFi DACs and they’re also great. Look forward to see how Sonus Scotland do with their new offerings.

Update

All,

So I had a response from RHA.

They were unable to ascertain if it was an issue with the left earbud and or the charging case. But they have kindly offered me a brand new pair in a colour of my choice.

Very happy with that!

Master
    Shame to read that they've been absorbed into the Sonos brand, as they were well known as a "Local" Glasgow engineering brand.

That probably also explains why they stopped sponsorship of the Glasgow Warriors a while back.