closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Rob the jeweller, Glasgow forge shopping centre.

Apprentice

Rob the jeweller, Glasgow forge shopping centre.

Hi all!

I’ve followed this guy for a while on Instagram and he’s always got amazing stock. Not sure of prices as they’re not listed. My question is, has anyone on here had any dealings with him? Currently in the market for a watch for the good lady and this guy is just down the motorway. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought it was a criminal conspiracy when I first read the title :)

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by jobseeker View Post
    I thought it was a criminal conspiracy when I first read the title :)
    Hahaha I’ve just read that back and you’re right!

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Wysie8 View Post
    Hahaha I’ve just read that back and you’re right!

Hoping someone has done business as the stock is insane!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wysie8 View Post
    Hoping someone has done business as the stock is insane!

Prices seem to be insane too. The few listings on Facebook with the prices attached are the top end of average. £30k Daytona, 43.5k gmt in gold, 18.5k gmt root beer. Datejusts with healthy mark-up on retail... I think for a ladies watch I'd stick to an AD and pay the RRP.

As someone who lives 5 mins from the forge I wouldn’t have believed you could spend that kind of money in there.

£40 in Asda is the most I’ve spent in the place.

Very strange place to be selling Rolex from imho though the rent will be a whole lot cheaper than the Argyll arcade I guess

No opinion either way on the business though

Never heard of them, but then not somewhere I frequent. I'd be sticking with an AD or reputable grey.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by acg View Post
    As someone who lives 5 mins from the forge I wouldn’t have believed you could spend that kind of money in there.

£40 in Asda is the most I’ve spent in the place.

Very strange place to be selling Rolex from imho though the rent will be a whole lot cheaper than the Argyll arcade I guess

No opinion either way on the business though

I'm not familiar with the area, but it looks like another jeweller trying to pile onto the grey/pre-owned Rolex bandwagon. The only other watches mentioned in facebook posts are "Seksy by sekonda". I'm sure it's a reputable shop but realistically they'd need to be priced a lot less than the "big" competitors to tempt me in I'm afraid. Some interesting almost new rolex stock though... access to an AD backdoor maybe?

C’mon.

Shop is in Parkhead forge, where there used to be more security than customers, area is one of Scotland’s most deprived areas.
    Shop and “mr Rob” are not under the same name.
    Multiple, Desirable Rolex sports models, fully boxed in stock (with stickers still attached)
    Only adverting is on Facebook.

If you can’t sniff something wrong from the above there is something wrong with you.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by watchlovr View Post
    C’mon.

Shop is in Parkhead forge, where there used to be more security than customers, area is one of Scotland’s most deprived areas.
    Shop and “mr Rob” are not under the same name.
    Multiple, Desirable Rolex sports models, fully boxed in stock (with stickers still attached)
    Only adverting is on Facebook.

If you can’t sniff something wrong from the above there is something wrong with you.
    Cheers for the reply, as I say I was asking if anyone has dealt with him? Just a question. Appreciate I’m fairly new to this world and do value more experienced collectors thoughts and past lessons. And for the record, nothing wrong with me as far as I’m aware.

Craftsman
    Not dealt with him but have known of him for a long time now. He advertises on Instagram as well and gets various Rolex models on a regular basis. I asked a friend yesterday who said he knows him personally and he said he is legit and being buying and selling watches for several years.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by markyboy.1967 View Post
    Not dealt with him but have known of him for a long time now. He advertises on Instagram as well and gets various Rolex models on a regular basis. I asked a friend yesterday who said he knows him personally and he said he is legit and being buying and selling watches for several years.
    Thanks for the reply mate, appreciate it.

Craftsman
    Can’t comment on the owner but this particular outlet is a popular haunt of Glasgow’s more undesirable individuals shall we say.

I’ve had some dealings with them in the past,
    Lovely folks from my experience.