closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Favourite Acquisition of 2021?

Favourite Acquisition of 2021?

Quote Originally Posted by Jdh1 View Post
    It has to be my 1815 Annual
    calendar. There are plenty of different watches to this but I’m not sure they come any better…

That’s a beauty right there. I think it makes the Lange 1 look dated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    That's lovely, what model ref is it?
    Quote Originally Posted by redmonaco View Post

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetlee View Post
    I criminally forgot this when posting in the "ins and outs for 2021" thread. My dad's old airking finally found and brought back to life after assumed lost for over 30 years, I was already thrilled when he found it during a lockdown clear out of his loft, but even more so when he gave it to me.

Nice story, lovely watch.

Has to be my 1981 Non Lume Navigator issued exclusively to Nuclear Submarines.

Quote Originally Posted by waser View Post
    Had a few incomings but this is my favourite:

Boooo

Seriously though that’s a lovely watch

calendar. There are plenty of different watches to this but I’m not sure they come any better…

That is special

For me was this

Very difficult to find and is absolutely perfect

Hands down my bb58 blue. Utterly stunning and really took me by surprise. Perfect size and I love the fact that it has no date. Had to sell it (as well as a few others) to maximise my liquid cash for an unexpected house purchase. Still not found the right property but when I do, the next thing I'll be doing is saving for another 58 blue.

For me it was this Bremont H4, bought very early January . Kurono Toki would be my second choice .

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Of the watches purchased during 2021, two stand out - a Grand Seiko SBGP001 with the brilliant 9F85 movement. A gorgeously crafted watch in so many ways with an accuracy quoted to within less than 10 seconds per year - after nearly nine months, it is currently running 3 seconds slow.

However, this one edges it for me as one of the best engineered watches I've ever bought. I'd recommend watching this video of it for those interested https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86r-BZMHETw

Master
    Blog Entries

Really nice. Is that in rose gold?

Master
    Definitely this one in July.....

VC Overseas Dual Time, has had a lot of wrist time in 2021

Quote Originally Posted by mjc1216 View Post
    I am moving away from the more expensive watches i.e. Rolex and this watch has hardly left my wrist.

At over 2k for a Casio some people would say it's madness but picked up at a great price from a fellow member.

As a result i have sold most of my watches and i am glad to get a little sanity back.

Well if your going to do it, that is the way. I am going on the same road. Enjoy.

This one for me.

Definitely this one.

Master
    Easy one for me….

Tough one but I'd say this little Oris just feels right

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    This one for me.
    Lord Sugar's choice in the next episode?

Sent from my Nokia 1.4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by watchmad View Post
    Easy one for me….

Never owned an IWC before. That does look great.

Quote Originally Posted by Robsmck View Post
    Lord Sugar's choice in the next episode?

Sent from my Nokia 1.4 using Tapatalk
    Don’t watch it but would love his collection. Wonder what happened to his allocation — he was crying on twitter looking for a BLNR before like a baby.

By an absolute mile. Arguably favourite acquisition ever

Craftsman
    Toss-up between this miracle of luminescence & the BB58. Seamaster wins by a nose.

Craftsman
    How could you forget that beauty. I once saw one exactly like that (several years ago now)with a BIN price of Ł400, I dithered and then it was sold, still carry the regret as it was immaculate including the case back which is rare on that model with gold case.

Congratulations on that pick up sir, absolutely beautiful.
    Seconded. The first nice watch I ever had was a very old gold Longines from my father. Very similar to this, but less pristine. Really beautiful.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanb741 View Post
    By an absolute mile. Arguably favourite acquisition ever

That is an absolute beauty Ryan.

Definitely this little beauty, it has cured me of my 'what watch shall I wear todayitis'......

Cracking watch

Sent from my IN2013 using Tapatalk

Master
    Bought two new watches in 2021 and gave away a Casioak to a niece who was delighted with it.

I remain delighted with this;

Quote Originally Posted by Jari37 View Post
    That is an absolute beauty Ryan.
    Thanks!

My one complaint is that Mrs ryanb741 similarly loves it and it often ends up on her wrist, whereby it gets subjected to rummaging inside handbags etc so I've reconciled myself to the fact that the polished bezel will pick up scratches as a result

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    This one for me.
    Good taste Sir! Much preferred to my WG Daytona that made way for this with quite a bit of change.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoodles View Post
    Good taste Sir! Much preferred to my WG Daytona that made way for this with quite a bit of change.
    That is some first class bravery on the rock! It’s a great watch and I really wasn’t expecting to like it this much. Wes’ pictures and a few words from Rajen re size tipped me over the edge and I’m happy to have it.

Quote Originally Posted by bry nylon View Post
    Bought two new watches in 2021 and gave away a Casioak to a niece who was delighted with it.

I remain delighted with this;
    That looks really nice, I have read a fair bit of criticism about this watch especially regarding the overall quality but I don’t see why.

Thanks!

My one complaint is that Mrs ryanb741 similarly loves it and it often ends up on her wrist, whereby it gets subjected to rummaging inside handbags etc so I've reconciled myself to the fact that the polished bezel will pick up scratches as a result
    Is that the older 39mm version or 42mm? They always seem very thick from the side is that true on the wrist?

Quote Originally Posted by robert75 View Post
    Is that the older 39mm version or 42mm? They always seem very thick from the side is that true on the wrist?
    39mm. I believe there was only 1 size type XX. It doesn't wear thick- IMHO the proportions are spot on.

39mm. I believe there was only 1 size type XX. It doesn't wear thick- IMHO the proportions are spot on.
    Yes type XXI appears to be the larger case size. Yours is the one I have always wanted. I assume they are still available to buy? Seems Breguet have a strange policy of messing up a classic (Like the marine)

Master
    That looks really nice, I have read a fair bit of criticism about this watch especially regarding the overall quality but I don’t see why.

Thanks! the main criticism I have seen is regarding the size - but it wears smaller than the dimensions would suggest; 43.2 mm in diameter and 15.65 mm thick. The crystal must be about 2mm of the height and is not a problem.. Very comfortable on the fabric strap and deployant but I have ordered the rubber strap from Wempe for it.. The bracelet might have been too much for me size wise and it has pcl's..

it has to be my birth year 1980 Navy issued CWC chrono. No surprise there, I had been looking for one for 1.5 years

Quote Originally Posted by levkov View Post
    it has to be my birth year 1980 Navy issued CWC chrono. No surprise there, I had been looking for one for 1.5 years

Hey nice one! By coincidence I also picked up a birth year issue of one of these last year, a '74 for me though.

Hey nice one! By coincidence I also picked up a birth year issue of one of these last year, a '74 for me though.
    Wow cool. I guess that makes us birth year watch buddies

Quote Originally Posted by bry nylon View Post
    Thanks! the main criticism I have seen is regarding the size - but it wears smaller than the dimensions would suggest; 43.2 mm in diameter and 15.65 mm thick. The crystal must be about 2mm of the height and is not a problem.. Very comfortable on the fabric strap and deployant but I have ordered the rubber strap from Wempe for it.. The bracelet might have been too much for me size wise and it has pcl's..
    Thanks I think you have just cleared up a few questions I had about this watch. While I like the bracelet I think it would look much nicer on a tropic strap but wasn’t sure if I could order one separately. Think I prefer the 39mm version but you have a great watch there.

Hahaha, Indeed

Master
    Blog Entries
    This one ,easy too see dial.

Yes type XXI appears to be the larger case size. Yours is the one I have always wanted. I assume they are still available to buy? Seems Breguet have a strange policy of messing up a classic (Like the marine)
    Sadly not, they discontinued this model in 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfy View Post
    Nice story, lovely watch.
    Hey thanks Wilfy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonzodog View Post
    This one ,easy too see dial.
    Easy to see, took me 10 secs to find the watch

Well done both of you. I asked the question over on MWR and it appears that 1961 is one of only a handful of years when no watches were issued to the British military. My choices are a US Bulova the size of a penny, an IWC XI issued to the SAAF or a Smiths De Luxe issued to the Australian military and both of those later two watches are as rare as hens teeth.

The hunt goes on…

Quote Originally Posted by Jari37 View Post
    Toss-up between this miracle of luminescence & the BB58. Seamaster wins by a nose.

Me too, different colourway....

Given the daft prices being paid for certain other brands, these represent really good value for money IMHO. Build quality is second to none, the decorated movement is nice to look at, and the adjustable clasp makes heavy, ill fitting Omega bracelets a thing of the past.

Grand Master
    Some very good decisions been made in 2021
    RIAC

This one for me. I've always had my eye open for a Godzilla but the lack of bracelet put me off slightly, the Lion was a close contender to the Godzilla with the added benefit of being on a bracelet. Thanks spuds

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Well done both of you. I asked the question over on MWR and it appears that 1961 is one of only a handful of years when no watches were issued to the British military. My choices are a US Bulova the size of a penny, an IWC XI issued to the SAAF or a Smiths De Luxe issued to the Australian military and both of those later two watches are as rare as hens teeth.

The hunt goes on…
    That's a bit of a bugger, I always thought '74 was a tough year in general for anything birth year but sounds like you're is even tougher(as it happened I would have bought this watch regardless year but birth year issue was a nice bonus). The Australian issued Smith's would be a dream watch but as you say, genuinely rare and when they do come up for sale they fetch insane prices now. A few years ago they were achieveable but now a different story, but hey with your determination and perseverance who knows, wish you luck.
    Last edited by Tetlee; 10th January 2022 at 15:28.

Flieger in 21, will be a Flieger in 22 as well, ut gonna leave that as a surprise for once it's in my hands in a week or so :p

Stowa Bronze Vintage with upgrade customisations, hand winding, Top grade movement, no date.

Quote Originally Posted by Incredible Sulk View Post
    Me too, different colourway....

Given the daft prices being paid for certain other brands, these represent really good value for money IMHO. Build quality is second to none, the decorated movement is nice to look at, and the adjustable clasp makes heavy, ill fitting Omega bracelets a thing of the past.

I really like this version and seems so underated(I hardly see pics of them) compared to the other colours. Possibly my favourite, love the blue details with the silver dial.