closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: What would you do?

What would you do?

Very subjective I know but would you sell the following three watches to help fund a Black Bay 58 Blue? I like all three of them, the Muhle is much nicer in the flesh and have only recently purchased the Seiko, but the call of a Black Bay is strong :-).

These two would be staying. The Tissot for sentimental reasons and I think the Nomos would actually compliment the Tudor quite nicely.

Last edited by Mr Tetley; 31st December 2021 at 21:18.

Master
    Keep the three of them and come up with a cunning plan to buy the BB 58. Nothing is impossible if you put your mind to it.

If you sell some of the other watches, it will take the shine off the new watch. So get your thinking cap on and do it.

Master
    Yes, I would.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using TZ-UK mobile app

Yes, but I find the blue a little bland compared to the black gilt dial, but yes.
    It's just a matter of time...

For me, the SPB143 and the black bay have such a similar aesthetic that it would be reasonable to use one to fund another. By the same token, do you feel the black bay would add anything that your SPB doesn’t? Obviously luxury plays into it, but would you enjoy the watch as much, knowing how much it cost you? Just some thoughts…

Beyond that, I would personally prefer the black bay to your other two but that’s a matter of taste

Put simply, yes I would.

Consolidation is fun, particularly when you get a very nice watch out of it. Good luck

Master
    Blog Entries
    Yes, but I favour the black version.

Thanks for all the replies. They have been helpful. One point above has me thinking. The Black Bay doesn’t really add anything that the Seiko adds apart from the ‘luxury’ aspect. I guess, at present, I like the idea of adding a more valuable watch. The fact I like the BB and it is sized very well for me makes it the no.1 contender. Problem is I know I’ve tried this in the past and ended up flipping the more expensive watch! Maybe as Mick suggested I should just wait until I’m in a position to buy the BB without feeling the need to sell the others. I don’t dislike any of the ones I have by any means. Seems such a waste of energy to be thinking about this so much. First world problem springs to mind!!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Tetley View Post
    Very subjective I know but would you sell the following three watches to help fund a Black Bay 58 Blue? .............
    Yes. Totally.