closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Simba Mattress

Journeyman

Simba Mattress

Just about to send our Simba back for the second time in 4 months. Each time they start off perfectly comfortable but after 6 weeks large dips appear and give no back support.

Simba offered a replacement but my concern after reading the negative reviews is that it will be hard to get a future replacement once their 200 day trial expires.

Starting to think these mattresses in a box are a big scam. If you look on youtube 99% of the reviews are ‘gifted’ reviews.

Has anyone had a Simba that has survived long term of daily use? Any recommendations for an alternative brand? Unfortunately due to limited access we need a boxed mattress

Master
    Oh dear!! Hope you get that sorted.

We have ordered two recently. One arrived and comfortable so far. The other will arrive in the new year, will now need to keep an eye on it!

Which model did you go for?

We have had a rolled mattress before which has lasted several years so not sure all are bad. Would think simba wouldn’t be doing so well if this was a consistent thing but you would be very unlucky for it to have been a bad one twice!

Master
    I’ve been using an Emma mattress for about 18 months now with no issues. Was sceptical but took the plunge knowing we could send it back as part of the trial. After a couple of weeks getting used to the new mattress we had made our mind up to stick with it.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Boss13 View Post
    Oh dear!! Hope you get that sorted.

We have ordered two recently. One arrived and comfortable so far. The other will arrive in the new year, will now need to keep an eye on it!

Which model did you go for?

We have had a rolled mattress before which has lasted several years so not sure all are bad. Would think simba wouldn’t be doing so well if this was a consistent thing but you would be very unlucky for it to have been a bad one twice!
    Both were Hybrid pro and were great to start.

Definitely keep an eye on them and don’t hesitate to get it replaced of refunded prior to the 200 night trial ending. If you read the reviews it’s incredibly hard to get a refund after the 200 nights and they will only replace if their ‘independent’ Inspecter deems the matress faulty which isnt always easy.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangers View Post
    Both were Hybrid pro and were great to start.

Definitely keep an eye on them and don’t hesitate to get it replaced of refunded prior to the 200 night trial ending. If you read the reviews it’s incredibly hard to get a refund after the 200 nights and they will only replace if their ‘independent’ Inspecter deems the matress faulty which isnt always easy.
    Thanks. We went with the basic model, which I think is just called Hybrid.

My son is using it rather than us, but when I tried it briefly for a few mins I thought it was fine so we ordered one too.

We have also ordered an Emma for the attic, also coming next year. Will try that too but was concered about the reviews on the Emma mentioning heat.

Master

Simba Mattress

I’ve noticed the prices have risen a lot since they were introduced as well, even with obligatory discounts. We bought a standard hybrid years ago as a spare and it’s fine. We have had a Tempur original for nearly 10 years and it’s as good as new. It used to be a lot more but not so much now. In a completely different leaguer though.

I've had mine for about 18 months, maybe longer. I have the basic version. To date I've noticed no dipping, and it feels like new. I'd still very happily recommend.

Master
    Well the Simba arrived and was supremely comfortable.
    BUT...after the very first night, I could visibly see a dip.
    Which is getting worse rather than better. Unbelievable.

Don't know if I noticed it more due to keeping an eye on it due to this thread. But either way - it is becoming less comfortable and when sleeping you are pulled into that area that is dipped.

I have called them to take it back. They offered a replacement but I don't want to waste any more time on it.

The one my son is using is fine so far - I am guessing because he is 'a little lighter' than me. Same with the wife's side of our one...yes maybe I need to visit the diet thread !

Thinking about Tempur but their lead times seem to be huge.

We have an Emma that has just arrived for the spare room but yet to try it.

I used a reconditioned Simba mattress for two years and never found it very comfortable. Lumpy and bumpy. Not able to turn it over because of the topper design either.

Pleased that I didnt but it new.

However - its worth adding that I dont find conventional beds and mattresses suit me anyway. I prefer floor sleeping on a futon. I get a much better sleep this way and save a load of space by not having a conventional bed. Sound crazy? Loads of info on the internet about how people prefer this.

Journeyman
    Just ordered an ‘Emma’ to replace our faulty Simba. Fully expecting it to have the same faults as the Simba and for it to be returned within its 200 day trial period.

Simba Mattress

Quote Originally Posted by Bangers View Post
    Just about to send our Simba back for the second time in 4 months. Each time they start off perfectly comfortable but after 6 weeks large dips appear and give no back support.

Simba offered a replacement but my concern after reading the negative reviews is that it will be hard to get a future replacement once their 200 day trial expires.

Starting to think these mattresses in a box are a big scam. If you look on youtube 99% of the reviews are ‘gifted’ reviews.

Has anyone had a Simba that has survived long term of daily use? Any recommendations for an alternative brand? Unfortunately due to limited access we need a boxed mattress
    Go to the Argos website and look at all the Silentnight mattresses in the £200-400 range. They all have 1000s of 5 star reviews.

Sceptical, I bought a double for our spare room for £200 and it is as comfy as our £2000 vi-spring. My wife prefers the cheap silentnight to the vi-spring!

No need to get mattresses in boxes. How can a decent mattress fit in a box?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    Go to the Argos website and look at all the Silentnight mattresses in the £200-400 range. They all have 1000s of 5 star reviews.

Sceptical, I bought a double for our spare room for £200 and it is as comfy as our £2000 vi-spring. My wife prefers the cheap silentnight to the vi-spring!

Interesting.

Just went to a store today and tried loads of vi spring in the 2k odd range. Am tempted. But your post making me re think now!

We have a TEMPUR® Hybrid Mattresses the tennis star one it is very good had it for two years I'm 16 stone and no dipping only thing wrong is it is very heavy wife cannot manage on her own to change the sheets and very heavy to lift the bed up it is on an Otterman base

Quote Originally Posted by bowie View Post
    We have a TEMPUR® Hybrid Mattresses the tennis star one it is very good had it for two years I'm 16 stone and no dipping only thing wrong is it is very heavy wife cannot manage on her own to change the sheets and very heavy to lift the bed up it is on an Otterman base
    Kushtaka?

Interesting.

Just went to a store today and tried loads of vi spring in the 2k odd range. Am tempted. But your post making me re think now!
    As always, you get what you pay for. I love our £2k vi-spring and sleep like a very contented baby, but the wife is not so sure and does moan a bit. But, only when I am being particularly naughty, LOL.

As for the cheapie £200 silent night, it is bloody comfy, but I’m sure it won’t be as comfy after 10 years like the vi-spring. But who cares it was only £200, and at that price can be changed every year as necessary, not that it will be.

The ikea pocket sprung mattresses are supposed to be highly regarded.

Currently have a memory foam mattress, no idea of the brand, got it before brands like Emma and Simba were around which needs replacing so have been looking around but have found it really difficult. Went to Benson Beds and found their cheaper pocket sprung mattress to be more comfortable than something twice the price but it’s really difficult to decide based upon a 30 second lie down on the bed.

We always get Silentnight pocket sprung mattresses.
    Very comfortable, no dips, think we paid about £500.

Craftsman
    V-spring for pocket mattresses and Mammoth for foam. You spend a 3rd of your life on it so consider it an investment.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

The mattress market in general is a bit of a scam - that's why these mail order/interweb companies have been so successful competing with them. We were trying to buy a good mattress a couple of years ago but quickly realised that the same mattresses were called different things in every shop/chain, so that you could not comparison shop for the best price. It became so frustrating working backwards from the specifications to figure out the actual mattress you were getting, we gave up and bought...a Simba. Which has been very good.
    Last edited by barneygumble; 8th January 2022 at 11:43.

I’ve been looking at the mattress in a box brands. They offer 365 days no quibble refunds if your not happy. Has anyone actually done this and for there money back ?

Master
    Blog Entries
    I do wonder what the manufacturers do with all these mattresses that get sent back. And how do they ‘recondition’ foam?

It's a bit like shaving foam. How do litres and litres fit in a tiny can?

Ayway, back on topic we've had a Simba for three years or so. I like it - it's comfortable, hasn't caused my back to ache which many mattresses do, and it hasn't got any dips or bumps.

We turn it (ie spin it through 180º) every so often just to even out the wear, as I'm on the wrong side of 14st, and the Mrs. is about half that.

Craftsman
    We’ve got an Emma hybrid and I have never slept better. Delightfully comfortable and somehow very firm but moulds to your body.

No dipping here and going on my old sprung mattress is laughably uncomfortable.

I had not heard negative feedback until this thread tbh. Will keep an eye out. So many positive reviews that definitely influenced me buying one!

Quote Originally Posted by bowie View Post
    We bought our first Tempur foam mattress, a double and loved it, had it about 10 years and then upgraded to their Hybrid mattress from Daniel's Department Store in Windsor just over 5 years ago. Then about 18 months later, because we found it so comfortable, bought another but a super king size after we'd acquired a much bigger bedroom (loft conversion).

However it felt much softer and started to dip very soon after, so much so that I was unable to sleep on it and went back to our old bed in our old bedroom, unfortunately this was just after the 100 night trial period. We eventually got Tempur to exchange the mattress but only thanks to the manager in Daniel's beds department taking our side and organising an independent assessor.
    3 years later and it's starting to dip again!

Craftsman
    I’ve had a superking mattress in a box for a couple of years now and it’s been brilliant.

REM fit ortho 500, I looked at loads and went with this brand in the end after speaking to their customer support.

It’s very firm but that’s what I was looking for, would buy again if needed.

Had a Tempur foam mattress for a few years but found it very warm and could not get on with it. Changed to a Hypnos pocket sprung mattress and find it extremely comfortable and definitely worth the cost.
    I would never have a foam mattress again!

Master
    Blog Entries
    This is the issue when try8ng them in a shop, you need to use them a while.

I have had a tempur since 2010. No dips, but it has softened over time.

Not sure of the lifespan but when I change it’ll be for another one.

It’s a pity Casper have pulled up their stumps in the UK and Europe. I love my Casper Hybrid. I was a long-time Tempur fan, and never thought I’d find anything to truly rival it, but I took a punt on Casper and it’s been brilliant.

Master
    Interesting.

It’s always worth a think. My story is fairly simple but longish. Years ago I bought a Mammoth mattress as a main bed and a silentnight for a spare room and occasional use both were really comfortable big price difference. Roll on a couple of years and a separation I got the silent night and after 2 years it had to go as it was so uncomfortable as a daily use. My lad was happy with simba , which I’ve slept in but wasn’t as supportive as I would have liked, I looked at mammoth again which i really wanted but bought a Harrison Spink Snowdrop instead which I find brilliant.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app