closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Anyone got a Land Rover on order for next year?

Anyone got a Land Rover on order for next year?

If so check your specifications like a hawk, there’s some huge changes made to the Evoque (2023 MY) and chatting to the dealer this morning it seems it’s not limited to the Evoque. Check your documentation and then go online and check the vehicle configuration, the dealers is not sure any spec will be honoured
    FFF

Blog Entries
    Does it only apply to vehicles already ordered?
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Craftsman
    Retailers should be actively communicating the changes to the customers

The changes are due to the long lead time on orders and model year change points - depending on the specification chosen it can be a positive change

It is sensible to check with your retainer though to confirm order spec versus current spec

Master
    Blog Entries
    I heard about this when purchasing my X3 this Autumn BMW were saying they will not guarantee exact customer specs will be delivered, I had heard a couple of customers had already received cars not to spec due to chip shortage’s

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Does it only apply to vehicles already ordered?
    Trying to find this out, unfortunately the dealer is nit 100% certain as JLR are closed until next week however his guess is that they possibly won’t be honoured

One big change is to LED headlamps, all HSE models came with matrix led as standard and now are just being fitted with LEDs. There’s an £800 upgrade option now

Quote Originally Posted by mk2driver View Post
    Retailers should be actively communicating the changes to the customers

The changes are due to the long lead time on orders and model year change points - depending on the specification chosen it can be a positive change

It is sensible to check with your retainer though to confirm order spec versus current spec
    Most dealers went back today and it’s what they came back in to...it chaged over Xmas, think it’s going to create a lot of issues for them either now or a month down the line when someone realises they’ve been downgraded!

Family member has been advised by the LR dealer that they are unable to fulfil their order at the spec. they requested. Order cancelled and another order placed which may be delivered sometime next year if they are lucky (12 month delivery timescale).
    Last edited by Chris_in_the_UK; 30th December 2021 at 17:47.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Master
    I cancelled my LR order when the car shipped in September and arrived without 360 cameras and ordered another Q7 instead and left a stinky 1 * review for them,Audi then puts my January delivery back to TBA so I've now gone back to LR and now having another try for a currently scheduled late January delivery (hopefully new model ).
    My suggestion would be to take whatever they are sending you, as long as they have deducted the cost of course.

Blog Entries
    Now I understand why my wife can sell her 2 y/o Honda CR-V Hybrid for the price she paid two years ago. And why the dealer's showroom window had a sign up with: 'Buy today, drive today; 25+ NEW cars are waiting for you'.

And no, she's not going to sell her car. Apart from that: I cannot understand that someone is willing to wait a year for a new car to arrive.

I don’t understand that either. Imagine having to wait a year for a watch!

Quote Originally Posted by thieuster View Post
    Now I understand why my wife can sell her 2 y/o Honda CR-V Hybrid for the price she paid two years ago. And why the dealer's showroom window had a sign up with: 'Buy today, drive today; 25+ NEW cars are waiting for you'.

And no, she's not going to sell her car. Apart from that: I cannot understand that someone is willing to wait a year for a new car to arrive.

So they’ve lowered the spec on at least 5 options but have increase the price of the car by over 2k.

Master
    But surely if you have agreed and signed a deal and a deposit paid they can't raise the price agreed, can they ?
    On the 3 series Touring BMW I have ordered and is delayed until March they have deducted the costs of the parts such as passenger lumbar support and hi fi upgrade they have deleted.

Master
    I have an issue with Volvo. I’ve specced aB XC40 which included HK speakers. The trouble is they’re now saying they can’t be added.

My issue is the base speakers are genuinely shocking and they’ve already taken more in PX. There was a cross over to the new model and dealership made a mistake. Ultimately I signed a contract on a car where the speakers were included and as they took my car they can’t simply cancel it.

Master
    Could they not do a dealer fit upgrade with some aftermarket HK speakers ?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by SeePee View Post
    Could they not do a dealer fit upgrade with some aftermarket HK speakers ?
    I have asked but apparently not. They’re now only doing three levels of trim and no option to add optional extras. I think it’s to streamline production. Unfortunately now only the very top level comes with the speakers.

Master
    Blog Entries
    You could not order HK head or speakers from BMW in the Autumn also some other tec was not available, it was the reason why I jumped at a 4 month old 3k mile X3 with only a couple of bits I would have added on to what I purchased. No way would I wait another year for a car and not be certain of the exact spec. BMW are fitting upmarket ICE but I was told it’s not as good as the usual HK which is built especially for the car
    Last edited by hilly10; 31st December 2021 at 14:15.

Update to thread.
    So after speaking with the dealer and JLR its either accept the changes or do one.

Changes are as already stated plus 5 others including no drinks cup holders which are now a cost upgrade and the most alarming issue is that there will be no tyre inflation kit or spare with the 23 models which is also a cost upgrade. Speaking the JLR they don't seem to worry they’ll be letting their cars out without this and that their assistance department will be really busy with flat tyres. Utter pillocks, i don't get what JLR are doing…clearly times are tough.
    Oh also a £2500 increase in the price…bargain!

Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    Update to thread.
    So after speaking with the dealer and JLR its either accept the changes or do one.

Changes are as already stated plus 5 others including no drinks cup holders which are now a cost upgrade and the most alarming issue is that there will be no tyre inflation kit or spare with the 23 models which is also a cost upgrade. Speaking the JLR they don't seem to worry they’ll be letting their cars out without this and that their assistance department will be really busy with flat tyres. Utter pillocks, i don't get what JLR are doing…clearly times are tough.
    Oh also a £2500 increase in the price…bargain!
    Whatever model you buy it’ll spend more time at the garage being fixed than on your driveway!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surely the matrix LEDs and speakers are OEM parts so could be retroactively ordered and fitted by the new owner after delivery and recharged back to the dealership or factory?

If there was written acceptance of this with a quote for fitting, would that sort it?