closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Covid tests, what a farce

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by TaketheCannoli View Post
    Still non available online or locally.
    Same in our area, last time I was able to acquire a lateral flow kit was over two weeks ago and with three in the house they don't last long.

Ordered one just now. Possible most days, just try throughout the day.

Local pharmacy also had them for first time in ages. They were giving them out to any f#@kwit who didn't know anything about needing a code.
    Last edited by Kingstepper; 6th January 2022 at 17:34.

Master
    We can at least be thankful that they are free of charge when you can get them, reading about the situation in Australia when there are none generally available and where they can be found they can cost up to A$50 a piece!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Blog Entries
    Just picked up box of 20 lateral flow kits from NHS van parked up in village. Had loads on board. Seems to vary from area to area.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Walked into local chemist a couple of days back and was given LFT test pack i have not seen before myself. Made in China and up the nose only.

Perhaps some of the issues are the UK public panic hording them as soon as the news says the word shortage.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Ordered one just now. Possible most days, just try throughout the day.

Local pharmacy also had them for first time in ages. They were giving them out to any f#@kwit who didn't know anything about needing a code.
    Thanks for the tip, think I've managed to order a kit, still waiting for a confirmation email mind.

Been trying on average three time a day for the last week without success until now.

Master
    I have found this chart very helpful in understanding what the results of the tests mean:

Basically, positive LFT = infectious.

Quote Originally Posted by apm101 View Post
    I have found this chart very helpful in understanding what the results of the tests mean:

Basically, positive LFT = infectious.
    Thank you that's very helpful.
    David
    Infinite Diversity in Infinite Combinations

Still not got the results from my postal PCR. Day 6 LFT was negative this morning, so i'm 'free' tomorrow assuming another negative

Can you not buy them from pharmacies if need be and if so what is the cost?

Here in Germany, we can go and get free LFT from an official provider and schools give out some free ones for the kids but generally you have to buy them from a Pharmacy if you wish to self test at home. The prices have gone up (surprise, surprise!) and they are the equivalent of around £2.30 per test.

They were down to £1 before the 4th wave started!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by paw3001 View Post
    Can you not buy them from pharmacies if need be and if so what is the cost?

Here in Germany, we can go and get free LFT from an official provider and schools give out some free ones for the kids but generally you have to buy them from a Pharmacy if you wish to self test at home. The prices have gone up (surprise, surprise!) and they are the equivalent of around £2.30 per test.

They were down to £1 before the 4th wave started!
    Since they are available for free either by post or from pharmacies there is no market for paid-for LFTs

We got in the habit of ordering them regularly last year before Omicron just in case and at one point had 10 full boxes of 7!
    We have therefore been able to avoid ordering them recently whilst demand is high and should have enough for another month or two before we run out (family of 4).

Quote Originally Posted by stuie-t View Post
    Since they are available for free either by post or from pharmacies there is no market for paid-for LFTs

We got in the habit of ordering them regularly last year before Omicron just in case and at one point had 10 full boxes of 7!
    We have therefore been able to avoid ordering them recently whilst demand is high and should have enough for another month or two before we run out (family of 4).

Ok. Thanks. Seems like different systems as we can get an official free test without appointments pretty much everywhere with results within 15 mins via email. I don’t know if there is much difference to be fair and we only do our own self tests if we are meeting up with friends as a group for reassurance. Working so far!

Sent a PCR test which is 24hr postage via a priority postbox on Tuesday around 3.00pm, last pick up was 5.45pm, just checked the tracking and it arrived 1.00am Friday, so much for priority 24hr!!

I hope to get the results today but not sure if the test will now be null and void due to the time taken??

Quote Originally Posted by murkeywaters View Post
    Sent a PCR test which is 24hr postage via a priority postbox on Tuesday around 3.00pm, last pick up was 5.45pm, just checked the tracking and it arrived 1.00am Friday, so much for priority 24hr!!

I hope to get the results today but not sure if the test will now be null and void due to the time taken??
    Don't hold your breath. Posted mine back on Tues, it arrived Wed, still not got my result, pointless now anyway, just did my 2nd clear LFT, so I'm out of isolation as of now either way.