closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: 2021 ins & outs

2021 ins & outs

2021 has been quite a busy year on the watch front, especially as there was no activity until late April

Out

My stunning collector's set 16800 was getting just to valuable for me to enjoy wearing.

I'd had this one 11 years & was a little sad to see it go.

This went in a trade for a Flat 4 LV

In & Out

Which was itself traded for a slightly newer LV

This was a mistake. I'd long wanted the Nightlum version, but got tempted by this in the Jura sale. Never bonded.

In & still around

Definite long term keeper

Missed the boat on these originally, but got offered one by a mate who needed some cash quick & knows I like Sinn

The 3 above were bought as a bit of (relatively) cheap fun. The Nordgreen watches are for sale, but the Omologato is likely to stay a while

Pic stolen from the internet. Like many, I foolishly sold my original 2 liner years ago. This is a great replacement, but I only realised I hadn't actually photographed it when putting this post together. It's been a mad few months.

The latest addition.

How did you do?
    Last edited by andy tims; 28th December 2021 at 12:58.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Craftsman
    Not much movement for me

out

IN

Last edited by magpie215; 28th December 2021 at 13:12.

Out with these two

And in with this one

Not much but Pretty happy at that

OUT

Hoffman Auto

Seiko MM200

Seiko 7C43 7010

Sinn 556

IN

Smiths PRS40 Auto

Sinn 556A

Sinn 104

Oris Diver 65 Gen 1

Spinnaker Croft Le

Seiko for the wifey

Out:
    1) 116500LN white dial (no regrets)
    2) Planet Ocean 39.5mm (miss it sometimes)
    3) Moonwatch - bought it a 3rd time… I never learn…

In and Out:
    1) BLNR - sold in Jan, re bought in Dec at a premium - silly to have let it go at all
    2) 116610LN - changed from a 2015 to a mint 2018 - no regrets, much better to have a super crisp one now

Craftsman
    Pretty even year for me

OUT

Panerai 1389

Tudor black bay steel and gold

Tudor black bay gmt

Tudor pelagos lhd

IN AND OUT

Explorer 2

IN

Op41

Iwc 41mm chrono

Omega seamaster ceramic 43.5

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Been quite a busy year here too, had a big clear out early on in the year

The following left:

SKX031 / Seiko Sub, lovely size and much prefer the crown at 3, but wasn’t getting worn especially after the SLA037 was acquired.

Ming 17.06 copper, beautiful but after much deliberation I realised I’m not really a salmon dial kinda guy

Lorier Hyperion, lovely vintage inspired watch but was redundant after a replacement GMT was set as an acquisition target (more on that below)

Steinhart vintage red, used to be my holiday watch but no need for one of those during these lockdown times

Undone Snoopy, the buyer was pleased to pick this one up as he had the other two from the release and this completed his trio

Seiko SLA037, I loved this one but the lumpy lume plot at 12 used to annoy me, decided to move it on but something I regret, if I can find one with a more even lume application I might dive back in!

Now for the incomings:

Sadly and suddenly lost my brother in law in January, decided I wanted a white dialled watch to remember him by and the Polar Explorer 2 was added to the collection. He was a great uncle to our kids and we enjoyed many family trips together, I hope one day the kids will see the association and enjoy this one too.

Full Metal G, a mate gave me this on loan, enjoyed it so much I decided to buy it off him

Swatch ‘As time goes by’ fun little pick up that always has perfectly set 10:10 hands even if it makes your head hurt trying to read it!

Baltic MR01, lovely little thing, those numerals particularly so. Wish it had a bit more heft to it though.

Final incoming of the year was the Ming 17.09, looks like it’s from the future especially when lumed, may give me reason to move on my 17.06 slate next year!

If you made it this far thanks for reading, all the best for 2022 🥂

OUT

Tactical Frog (orange dial). Always fancied a Doxa but didn't want to invest in one up front. Bought and sold on SC, I was intending getting the genuine Doxa (in orange) but then started looking at the turquoise dial. In the end I did nothing. Maybe next year.

OceanX Sharkmaster. Again a SC in and out. Looked good but just felt too big and clumsy on my wrist. Good value for money, especially second hand.

IN

Smiths PRS-55. Just lovely. Waited a long time for Eddie to finalize and release this model and I think the yellow is the most faithful recreation of the Jenny watches.

Sinn EZM3. Always liked the look of the EZM1 but couldn't justify the prices they are fetching now. I've found I enjoy it more in a canvas strap. Has got me looking at other watches in the Sinn range (particularly the Sinn Arktis).

And finally a Unimatic UC4. I was following a thread about old Smith's watches and someone posted a watch with a wide, naked bezel (pictured). I mentioned that I liked it and someone else kindly pointed me to this Unimatic model. I never even knew they existed. It suits a variety of straps and NATOs.

There's nothing I have in mind for buying next year Eddie's monopusher is nice but I think I'd need to see one to know for sure. However there are very few certainties with this hobby.

Stay safe all and thanks for all the interesting posts and content this year. And also big thanks to Eddie for making his watches and hosting this site.

Sent through the ether by diddling with radio waves

2021 ins & outs

Quite a busy year when I look back.

In

Offered this by a member who allowed me to try it, no obligation. Obviously I bought it! Added the silicone and tegimented clasp which was expensive, but is my favourite way to wear it.

Arrived the same week as the Sinn. Quite brilliant

Paid for out of the Kurono profit. Evaluated a Habring, but thought this was better in a side by side comparison

Holiday watch from SC

Impulse purchase after getting a new arrivals email from a dealer. Im very enamoured with it.

Most recent arrival, and an absolute delight. Fast becoming the default daily wearer

In and out

Kurono Toki. Didn’t bond so flipped it, and made enough for the Nomos

Out

Lost the love and used it to part fund the U1. That was a wise decision

Conflicted as it’s a brilliant watch. I have a Dornblüth on order, so it went and funded my deposit

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by helidoc; 28th December 2021 at 18:28.

It was an unusual year for me, I actually got rid of 2
    My first generation Prs17 and Prs82s were sold in an effort to reduce the numbers and I fully intended to keep it that way. However a Sinn 903 ‘cosmonaut’, followed by the Synchron Military, then a original Seamaster 300 and a Prs55 in blue ruined that intent.

Had a busy year. Hopefully a lot quieter in 2022.

Out:
    Smiths PRS68
    Dan Henry 1964
    Seiko Flightmaster
    Pulsar X128

In & Out:
    Maranez Samui Bronze
    Smiths PRS55 Yellow
    PRS18Q
    Baby Dreadnought Polar

In:
    MM300 SBDX001
    MM300 SBDX012
    Squale 1521 Blue
    Squale 1521 Scuba LE
    Smiths Everest Gilt
    Smiths PRS57 Monopusher
    Gshock 5600
    CWC Mellor 72
    Sinn U50
    Synchron Military PVD
    Seestern Doxa

Last edited by RLE; 29th December 2021 at 10:28.

I've tried a fair few things this year, but the size of my collection has stayed the same. My only regret is probably letting the Nomos go, that was a gorgeous watch. I'll probably shift one of the squares soon and maybe the Omega. I like to try different things but not many stick with me for long

~~~~~ In:

Omega Dynamic III 5250.50.07

G-shock GMW-B5000RD-4ER + GW-M5610U-1BER + GW-B5600-2ER

~~~~~ Out:

G-Shock GA-2000SU-1AER

Nomos Ace X Club 38 #nomiesforlife

Tag Heuer Aquaracer WAY1110.BA0928

~~~~~ In and Out:

Tudor 1926

Skagen

Seiko SPB079J1

G-Shock GG-B100-1BER

Grand Seiko SBGX007

Citizen BJ7110-03F

Hamilton Khaki Field Mechanical H69439411

~~~~~ Unchanged:

Rolex Explorer 214270 + Tudor Black Bay Harrods

Less than 2020, but more than I would like

In

Tag Heuer 02T
    Panerai 233

Out

Panerai 590
    Bremont alt-c PW
    Zenith rainbow
    Bell & Ross military

In and out

Dreadnaught vogager
    Zenith pilot GMT
    Tudor pelagos LHD
    Tudor GMT
    SLA023
    Bell and Ross BR03 steel

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Out:

And in:

Not my shot for this next one - thanks Eddie...

Not much I fancy now, save for an IWC Pilots Chrono or a nice tritium Speedy (oh, and a BLRO) please!
    Last edited by learningtofly; 30th December 2021 at 09:34.

Master
    You can see a theme to the year. I expect 2022 to be much quieter. I have a few things in mind, but all harder to get.

Out

Timex x Tood Snyder
    CWC T20

In and out

Precista PRS-4
    PRS-47 Commando
    PRS-25EXP Expedition
    CWC SBS
    Hamilton W10
    CWC Diver Mark 1
    CWC G10
    Citizen Promaster Tough

In

Longines Cal 370

CWC 83 reissue
    Last edited by gerrudd; 29th December 2021 at 10:36. Reason: Forgot two wathces

Master
    Started 2021 with:

Panerai 352

Panerai 389

Bell & Ross 01-92 CF

Oris TT1 Ti

Plus a drawer full of other tat, that I don’t really count.

Out
    Panerai 352
    Panerai 389
    Got rid of both of these due to injury, was happy to just use the IWCs on NATOS that I had at the time. Only once I’d handed them both over to the buyer, it felt pretty bad for the first time in years not to have a Panerai around.

In and Out
    IWC MK XVIII Top Gun - Really liked it but getting the recessed spring bars out was an absolute bloody nightmare.

Panerai 335 - It was my grail watch for a long time. Owned for a month - struggled with the screwdriver and the bar removal. Swapped for a 270 which has same movement, case material not as exciting, but quick release bars - much better.

In
    IWC MK XVII not many people seem to like the MK XVII. It’s bloody brilliant! 41mm case, managed to pick up an ex display, so it had never been worn before. Straight off the bracelet and onto a multitude of NATO straps. Settled on Erika’s as the best option. I still loathe spring bars, but these seem easy enough to do with thumbnails, as they aren’t recessed, unlike the MK XVIII Top Gun Ceramic which was an absolute pig to get the spring bars out of.

Panerai 270 GMT 10 Day - Deliberated between this and the 335, corrected my initial mistake after a month and swapped the 335 for the 270.

Panerai 88 GMT - I wanted a Bettarini cased Panerai, with the QR strap change system. Whilst I wasn’t particular on model, came across this eBay special. 1 owner from new for the last 14 years and all the original paperwork. It’s well battered, but for me that adds to the charm. I could never buy something and stick it in a safe just to look at occasionally.

2021 has been an odd year. Not just on watches! Bikes have been even worse with 6 bikes out (1 Retired) and 3 bikes in.

Hopefully, 2022 is more settled.
    Last edited by neebsta; 29th December 2021 at 11:13.

Master
    Blog Entries
    One out, two in this year.

Out went the amazing Zenith Big Date which was just too big for my puny wrists.

In came the 124060 after getting the call early summer, and the Smiths Commando after two attempts to bag one.

Current state of play.

Next year I fancy moving the Zenith on for something more wearable like a GS231, and maybe having two ND subs is overkill...
    Last edited by pete-r; 29th December 2021 at 14:36.

Master
    In:

(technically, agreed to purchase this in 2020 but due to lockdown etc it arrived in 2021)

But on the way out if someone buys it off SC or I find something to trade it in for!

Out:

So overall a fairly quiet year and no major changes planned for 2022 either.

Craftsman
    I've totted mine up and I'm actually quite shocked. There are too many to show all the photo's of but I've posted a few including my cheapest and latest acquisitions. This year has seen an obsession with Squale, an interest in super compressor style watches and a realisation that my most accurate watch is a Baltic with a Miyota 9039 that runs at +0.1 secs per day.

Out = 11

Omega Speedmaster Speedy Tuesday 2
    Omega Speedmaster Moonphase 3576.50.00
    Hamilton RAF Mechanical
    Smiths PRS 29A
    Smiths PRS 29AM
    CWC W10
    CWC Ray Mellor
    Certina PH200 Black
    Certina PH200 Blue
    Laco Paderborn Erbstuck
    Smiths Everest Expedition

In = 19

Omega Seamaster 300m No Time To Die
    Omega Seamaster 300m White Dial
    Certina PH500M - Orange
    Certina PH200 Black (and out)
    Certina PH200 Blue (and out)
    Oris Diver Sixty Five
    Lorier Neptune 3
    Helson Skin Diver
    Squale Drass Galeazzi
    Squale 1521 Blue prototype
    Squale 1521 Militarie
    Squale 1521 Azura Blue
    Squale 1521 Scuba Ltd Edition
    Squale Sub 39 Abisso
    Squale Sub 39 Super Blue
    Baltic GMT
    Baltic Dual Crown
    Ancre Super Compressor
    Alpina Seastrong Heritage dual crown

Unusually, no outs for me. I only planned for 1 in but as is typical I ended on more.

Started the year with this....

Then after waiting for what seemed like an eternity for CWC to reveal their NOS chronographs and then finally arriving with an extortionate price, I added an issued chrono instead for less than half the cost. Birth year issued as a bonus.

Finished up with this long wanted but never purchased classic as a Christmas pressure from the missus.

My plan is to let a few go next year and hopefully not get tempted by anything else.

Master
    I have a feeling this may be a longer list than I thought. Here goes:

In

Omega Speedmaster Snoopy 50th
    Rolex 116000 blue dial
    Omega Seamaster Diver 300 black dial on rubber
    Omega Seamaster Diver 300 blue dial on rubber
    Omega Aqua Terra blue dial on bracelet 38mm
    Tudor Black Bay 58 blue dial
    Tudor Black Bay 58 black dial
    Tudor Pelagos ETA

Out

Omega Speedmaster FOIS
    Omega Seamaster Diver 300 black dial on rubber
    Omega Seamaster Diver 300 black dial on bracelet
    Rolex 116000 blue dial
    Omega Aqua Terra Good Planet
    Rolex Submariner 114060
    Tudor Black Bay 58 blue dial

The plan for 2022 is a Speedmaster 321 and to try and be more sensible...

In.....

I don't seem to do out's

2021 for was a zero out and only this one in

https://i.postimg.cc/FH1322g6/947410...1-B39-D0-E.jpg

For years I’ve always wanted a Rolex Sub, but just couldn’t justify the cost, but in lockdown i took a fancy to this Air King.

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

There was a lot more movement for me than in previous years.

Out:

In:

BLRO for me, 36mm OP for my wife.

2022 shouldn’t see so much change, I may request a white dial daytona but otherwise I’ll see what new models are announced.

What a great thread. Restores your faith in proper watch collecting. Keep them coming!

Journeyman
    Out
    Rolex Datejust 116234 silver dial
    Omega Aqua Terra Skyfall

In and out
    Rolex Datejust 126234 blue dial
    Apple Watch series 7

In
    Rolex Explorer 124270
    Smiths Everest Jubilee
    Casio GW5000U

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I thought I'd been pretty good this year, but...

IN:

Casio AE1200 ('Royale') - I felt I ought to have one Casio, but G-Shocks leave me cold and, as I can't find the F91 I bought decades ago, I put out a WTB on a 'Royale'. Cheapest purchase of the year - I've had enough fun modding it (erasing some text, adding a leather strap) to justify the purchase.

Xeric Halograph Chrono - Bonkers watch which is hard to read, but it's a bit of fun

Nodus Retrospect II - A very nicely finished NH35 powered microbrand 'skindiver'. Probably the watch that most impressed me this year.

Dailos Waveform - I'd wanted a Titanium watch for a while, but nothing really hit the spot until I spotted this one (just post KS, but still on pre-order) with a teal dial, something else I fancied. The unusual ceramic bezel treatment also really appealed and this is a close challenger to the Nodus for the most impressive watch acquisition of 2021.

Vario 1918 Trench Watch (KS Project - ordered late 2020) - Nicely finished brass-cased version of this watch for me. Different, but I don't see myself wearing it a lot - I always enjoy it when I do though.

MMI Turret (KS Project - ordered late 2020) - Another interesting (I thought) variant on the well-trodden NH35 microbrand diver theme. The unusual date complication and the ion-coated steel bezel insert (as opposed to the now ubiquitous engraved ceramic one) caught my eye. It's a much chunkier watch than it looks, but I was impressed with this watch, too.

UW Aequorea U001 Jelly (KS Project - Awaiting delivery) - When it arrives this will be my first full lume dial watch.

Smiths Caribbean - I missed the 3 nano-second to purchase window, but picked this black dialed version up from SC shortly afterwards. It's another cracker from Eddie and the WR is remarkable. My most expensive purchase of 2021. Like the Vario, I enjoy wearing it when I do, but it often gets passed over for other watches. Maybe black wasn't the right choice?

Spinnaker Hull Chrono - I always fancied the look of this, especially the big date complication, and with a pre-Black Friday deal I jumped - I was a little miffed that on Black Friday there was another 5% off, but hey ho, it wasn't expensive and for the money it's a nice watch - I've worn it a fair amount since it arrived.

Nothing very expensive, but more than I planned!

The UW Aequorea is due in January 2022.

However, that was balanced to a degree by the Outs, mostly the Chinese Seiko clones I'd gone a bit mad on in 2020.

OUT:
    Steeldive 1968 'Marine Master'
    Steeldive 'Tuna' Green
    Signum Cuda Black Pearl (I bought two, one with an Abalone dial and one with a Black Pearl dial, and found, a little to my surprise, that I preferred the Abalone)
    Cadisen 'CadisOak'
    Pagani Design '007 NTTD'

There was nothing really wrong with the watches, especially for the money, but I found their overt 'lookalike' nature (other than the Signum) irritated me.

The only one I really disliked was the Omega-alike Pagani Design, but I suspect I would have disliked the Omega nearly as much - The bezel design especially irritated me, although the brand name annoys me too!

The 'Tuna' is the only one I mildly regret selling.

So +4 (+3 in my hand) on the year.

I AM going to be more disciplined in 2022! It'll be one in, one out at worst (famous last words... )

M
    Last edited by snowman; 31st December 2021 at 11:56.
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

My year in review.

Ins

G Shock GA-2100-1A1ER
    Damasko DS30
    Seiko SKX 007 mod built from parts
    Tag Heuer Autavia CBE2110.FC8226
    Seiko SKX 007
    Vintage sub mod built from parts

Outs

Seiko Monster SRP315
    Custom built sub style mod
    Custom built 39mm mod

So I'm currently at a +3, although I'm trying to shift the custom SKX007, and will probably restore and sell the other SKX007 in the new year.

I'm at a really happy place with my collection right now, yes its spilled into 2 boxes, but having a smaller full box for my main watches mentally stops me filling up the second one.

The Tag was a real surprise this year, the watch fund was put on hold as I was planning to pop the question. Custom made rings don't come cheap but luckily she said yes! But I was able to get it at a price I couldn't refuse, and its a watch I've always liked.

Next year i'll continue building and selling modded watches and will probably restore a few Seikos. As for higher end watches, i'm at a good place right now, I have a strong want for a Grand Seiko, but there's now a wedding to save for.

Sold a couple of vintage Seikos (7a28 and 44-9990) to fund a Grand Seiko SBGM221.

Craftsman
    Can’t exactly remember all the ones I sold. Had a mass cull this year. Prob around 30 out and 5 in.

Master
    Very quiet year for me, kind of lost my watch mojo at the start of the year and even spent about 6 months away from the forum altogether.

Only 1 incoming which turned into an unworn outgoing and that was a Helm Komodo. The only other outgoing was a Tudor BB GMT.

At one stage I did quite fancy an Omega PO but the WTB didn’t lead to anything.

For me was a bit of a slow year.

Out:

16610 Rolex Sub

In:
    got the call from the AD on the 24th of Dec for the new 41mm Sub date so pretty happy

For 2022, decided to enter the world of AP so any advice would be welcome!